Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
8 minutes ago, notin said:

For?   Think Durbin is enough?

Im thinking bigger. BTV likes Albert, Bennett and Arias for Fernando Tatis Jr, who is somehow still only 27.  That’s a really good offer that saves the Padres some $270mill over the next 8 years.

Would Boston go that high? Would San Diego accept?  These are questions I cannot answer…

I think that SD would prefer Durbin and Arias, and I think you may have to do that. Then sign Suzuki.

Anthony - DH
Suzuki - 2b
Tatis - LF

Contreras - 1b

Abreu - RF
Mead - 3b

Adley - C
Cedanne - CF
Story - SS

Remmber when I was talking about how we need to be dangerous 1 though 9 - there it is.  That team can even lose one to three of these bats and still not be overmatched vs Fried.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
15 minutes ago, JimEd said:

too bad Henry was too cheap to sign Alonso. i like WC's passion but i'd rather have the polar bear.

i don't see this team being any better next year. there aren't any impactful FAs to be had and Brezlow has spent all of his trade capital on a whole bunch of nothing. but i'm sure they'll sign another Sandoval, blow smoke up our ass and call it a day.

There are pros and cons to Polar Bear Pete.  Hes a fairly one-dimensional player, but pretty good at that dimension.  He’s probably not as ideal for Fenway as you’d think simply because he is more liberal drive prone with his power (not that he’d be bad there).  

On the plus side, he is NEVER injured. I don’t think he has spent a single day on the injured list in his 7 year career,..

Posted
4 minutes ago, notin said:

My racist auto correct apparently doesn’t like Abreu.

That offer checked both of those boxes and threw in a dirt cheap quality SP…

I assumed Albert was like our fifth RP prospect cuz I never heard of him ,so your package felt light.  Abreu changes things.  Id do it, but Im not sure I want to see Anthony in right field next year.  

Old-Timey Member
Posted
12 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

I think that SD would prefer Durbin and Arias, and I think you may have to do that. Then sign Suzuki.

Anthony - DH
Suzuki - 2b
Tatis - LF

Contreras - 1b

Abreu - RF
Mead - 3b

Adley - C
Cedanne - CF
Story - SS

Remmber when I was talking about how we need to be dangerous 1 though 9 - there it is.  That team can even lose one to three of these bats and still not be overmatched vs Fried.

1. San Diego prefers Durbin?  Over their current future Hall of Fame 3b that they have made the only player in MLB history to sign TWO $300 mill contracts?

2. Please tell me that’s not Seiya Suzuki at 2b.  It’s one thing to lower defense as a priority.  But the “just get 8 bats and sort out the gloves later” mentality has been tried before and never worked…

Old-Timey Member
Posted
3 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

I assumed Albert was like our fifth RP prospect cuz I never heard of him ,so your package felt light.  Abreu changes things.  Id do it, but Im not sure I want to see Anthony in right field next year.  

Why would you when Tatis is a two time Gold Glove right fielder?

Posted
6 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

I think that SD would prefer Durbin and Arias, and I think you may have to do that. Then sign Suzuki.

Anthony - DH
Suzuki - 2b
Tatis - LF

Contreras - 1b

Abreu - RF
Mead - 3b

Adley - C
Cedanne - CF
Story - SS

Remmber when I was talking about how we need to be dangerous 1 though 9 - there it is.  That team can even lose one to three of these bats and still not be overmatched vs Fried.

I like this. But I also like Durbin. He has heart and a good arm at 3rd.

Posted
5 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

I think that SD would prefer Durbin and Arias, and I think you may have to do that. Then sign Suzuki.

Anthony - DH
Suzuki - 2b
Tatis - LF

Contreras - 1b

Abreu - RF
Mead - 3b

Adley - C
Cedanne - CF
Story - SS

Remmber when I was talking about how we need to be dangerous 1 though 9 - there it is.  That team can even lose one to three of these bats and still not be overmatched vs Fried.

So if its Durbin and Abreu - does it look like this:

Anthony - DH
Suzuki - 2b
Tatis - LF
Contreras - 1b
Owen Hull - RF

Mead - 3b
Adley - C
Cedanne - CF
Story - SS

Supersub: Durbin.  

Or maybe sign Aroz over Suzuki, so you can start Durbin and Aroz takes RF?  I would prefer Roman slated for DH over OF, because I expect him to get hurt, and Gasper to take his job.  I dont think Gasper can play RF.  

Posted
2 minutes ago, notin said:

1. San Diego prefers Durbin?  Over their current future Hall of Fane 3b that they have made the only player in MLB history to sign TWO $300 mill contracts?

2. Please tell me that’s not Seiya Suzuki at 2b.  It’s one thing to lower defense as a priority.  But the “just get 8 bats and sort out the gloves later” mentality has been tried before and never worked…

Yes I think they would prefer Durbin to Albert and Bennet.  I didnt know Albert was Abreu when I said we'll need to add Durbin.

Posted
2 minutes ago, NHNative said:

I like this. But I also like Durbin. He has heart and a good arm at 3rd.

Im including him for his trade value and because he is undersized on a team that needs to add xtra base hitting.  I see him having a solid career in SD.  But I think we need stars.  Im open to keeping him and inserting Abreu into the trade.  

Posted
5 minutes ago, notin said:

Why would you when Tatis is a two time Gold Glove right fielder?

I thought he played left.  Weird to go from SS to RF.  Usually they stay on the same side, but 2 gold gloves speak for themslves.  

I still see Roman as a DH though.  But easier to plug and play a LF than a RF for sure.

Posted
3 minutes ago, notin said:

My racist auto correct apparently doesn’t like Abreu.

That offer checked both of those boxes and threw in a dirt cheap quality SP…

I just wish announcers would leave Ramone alone. And the Sox stop batting him leadoff.

Anthony is not Betts and he's not Ellsbury and he's not Damon and he's definitely not Remy. And he's absolutely not Ohtani or Schwarber because he's not going to blast 50 HRs without striking out 300 times a year pulling his head at sweepers until both his hands fall off at the limp wrists.

What he maybe could be is a Lynn-type lefty with almost Boggs-type hand-eye targeting the Great Wall of Monster... which is better damage done with somebody else on base in front of him...

... so let's all admit -- not only does Boston badly need a Yordan-Rice-Caminero of their own in the heart of the order (which an entire Nation covets) -- but the Sox also need a legitimate leadoff man to get consistently on base in front of their best hitters. 

It would be great if the latter is Arias... unless he turns into a middle order impact bat and not a pumpkin like all the recent prospects except Chase Meidroth.

Posted
3 hours ago, NHNative said:

Someone explain to me why Tolle and Gray were yanked early.

Pretty sure all that was dictated from above before the series started.  Analytics say don’t let starters pitch to a lineup a third time.  So they don’t.

Tolle had struggled with runners all night, so I sorta got that one.  Gray’s stats say he’s better the third time because he adjusts as the game goes on; his experience defies the analytics, but the nerds don’t care.

Posted
2 hours ago, NHNative said:

Someone explain to me why Tolle and Gray were yanked early.

The analytics said so. Not watching the game happening right in front of you. The decision was made before the game even started. Nevermind the humans playing the game, 

Old-Timey Member
Posted
9 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

Yes I think they would prefer Durbin to Albert and Bennet.  I didnt know Albert was Abreu when I said we'll need to add Durbin.

Fair. Especially considering how boring Albert Abreu (yes there really was one) was as a player…

Community Moderator
Posted
31 minutes ago, notin said:

For?   Think Durbin is enough?

Im thinking bigger. BTV likes Abreu, Bennett and Arias for Fernando Tatis Jr, who is somehow still only 27.  That’s a really good offer that saves the Padres some $270mill over the next 8 years.

Would Boston go that high? Would San Diego accept?  These are questions I cannot answer…

Would he learn to pull the ball? 

Community Moderator
Posted
21 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

I think that SD would prefer Durbin and Arias, and I think you may have to do that. Then sign Suzuki.

Anthony - DH
Suzuki - 2b

Suzuki at 2b? 

Posted
2 hours ago, moonslav59 said:

You do care, and it does cause concern for you.

Nope, I don’t care who it’s worked for and who it hasn’t worked for. It’s irrelevant to me. It’s all about the process to me. And no, I’m not concerned that a multi billionaire might have to pay a couple million more by waiting a year. 
 Anything else?

Community Moderator
Posted
4 minutes ago, 5GoldGlovesOF,75 said:

It would be great if the latter is Arias... unless he turns into a middle order impact bat and not a pumpkin like all the recent prospects except Chase Meidroth.

Arias is not a middle of the order bat. He'll start off in the bottom 3. 

Community Moderator
Posted
2 minutes ago, southpaw777 said:

Nope, I don’t care who it’s worked for and who it hasn’t worked for. It’s irrelevant to me. It’s all about the process to me. And no, I’m not concerned that a multi billionaire might have to pay a couple million more by waiting a year. 
 Anything else?

It's also all about the process to Breslow as well. He may keep doing the same thing over and over because he believes his process is right. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

It's also all about the process to Breslow as well. He may keep doing the same thing over and over because he believes his process is right. 

Yes, I understand that and disagree with this part of HIS process…

Old-Timey Member
Posted
1 minute ago, drewski6 said:

Fine trade Abreu, Bennett and Arias for Tatis, sign Suzuki for corner OF. Roman at DH.

I assume you’re putting Mead at 2b?

Old-Timey Member
Posted
Just now, southpaw777 said:

Yes, I understand that and disagree with this part of HIS process…

But if you don’t care if billionaires soend more money, then what’s the issue wuth signing guys that dont pan out?

Posted
Just now, notin said:

I assume you’re putting Mead at 2b?

Yes if we are adding Tatis and Suzuki, I can live with Mead/Durbin/Story/Sogard

Posted
58 minutes ago, notin said:

How was Crochet’s situation unprecedented?  He wasn’t even the only guy in that series that hadn’t suited up since April…

What other PITCHER hadn’t pitched in anything since April?

Posted
1 minute ago, mvp 78 said:

Arias is not a middle of the order bat. He'll start off in the bottom 3. 

With THIS org? His face will be on t-shirts, press guides and pocket schedules -- they're printing next week!

Arias had better stats at two levels than Anthony's last seasons at Portland and Woo, and Roman was instantly anointed MLB leadoff -- even though he didn't bat there for Epperson or Tracy or WBC manager DeRosa, who hit him 6th.

But even if Arias blasts 30 HRs per in the majors, you're right. They'll bat him 2nd... because that's where analytics tells them to.

Community Moderator
Posted
16 minutes ago, notin said:

Did Manny?

Yes, Manny pulled the ball more than Tatis does and hit more flyballs. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...