Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Old-Timey Member
Posted
2 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

You'll like Brannon if you believe Bobby Dalbec still deserves a shot. 

Dalbec is another cautionary tale for Gasper…

Community Moderator
Posted
1 minute ago, notin said:

Didn’t the Sox give him so limited 2b time over the last two seasons?

A little. He got more time there when he was with other orgs. 

Community Moderator
Posted
Just now, notin said:

Dalbec is another cautionary tale for Gasper…

Gasper is closer to another former Sox top Prospect: Michael Chavis.

Posted
2 hours ago, notin said:

But if you don’t care if billionaires soend more money, then what’s the issue wuth signing guys that dont pan out?

Like I said, It’s more about the process prior to investing tens of millions into a young ballplayer that’s more important to me. It could or couldn’t work out either way you approach it…This is just how I’d do things. That’s all.

Posted
2 hours ago, illinoisredsox said:

Pretty sure all that was dictated from above before the series started.  Analytics say don’t let starters pitch to a lineup a third time.  So they don’t.

Tolle had struggled with runners all night, so I sorta got that one.  Gray’s stats say he’s better the third time because he adjusts as the game goes on; his experience defies the analytics, but the nerds don’t care.

I get what your saying, but I’d still have let Tolle at least finish that inning. You count on them all year and then lose trust come playoff time? I could understand if their choices for pitchers out of the pen was better than what was in there, but it wasn’t.

Posted
33 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

I'd be happier with Gasper if I felt he could play a little 2b and LF too. 

If he has an option year left, so if hes healthy, hes good insurance to add some hitting to the lineup if contreras or DH need a little break.  I agree , a bit hard to carry him on the 26man, unless he can catch well enough to spell Adley, but I kind of doubt it.  Probably the bench will be a lefty specialist (like romy) , sogard, 4th OF, backup C.

 

Posted
1 hour ago, mvp 78 said:

Better than 0 innings. 

Exactly. Crochet wasn’t healthy enough to throw any rehab innings, but was healthy enough to begin his rehab in the postseason?🤔

Posted
42 minutes ago, southpaw777 said:

I get what your saying, but I’d still have let Tolle at least finish that inning. You count on them all year and then lose trust come playoff time? I could understand if their choices for pitchers out of the pen was better than what was in there, but it wasn’t.

Bres dug out a different playbook for the postseason. Should have stayed where it was.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
1 hour ago, mvp 78 said:

Better than 0 innings. 

I think we saw a lot of odd-looking decisions regarding pitchers being on postseason rosters.   Crochet was out on for the same reason a few others were - best option left standing.  Don’t you think they would have preferred Guerrero or Slaten? Was there anyone else? Prefer Jedixson Paez?

San Diego didn’t include Musgrove because they figured he was well-rested. Atlanta didn’t choose to start 31yo career minor leaguer Ray Kerr in a winner-take-all game because they were dazzled by his 18 innings this year and they didn’t miss Strider or Schwellenbach. These were the last names standing after a long season…

Community Moderator
Posted
27 minutes ago, notin said:

I think we saw a lot of odd-looking decisions regarding pitchers being on postseason rosters.   Crochet was out on for the same reason a few others were - best option left standing.  Don’t you think they would have preferred Guerrero or Slaten? Was there anyone else? Prefer Jedixson Paez?

San Diego didn’t include Musgrove because they figured he was well-rested. Atlanta didn’t choose to start 31yo career minor leaguer Ray Kerr in a winner-take-all game because they were dazzled by his 18 innings this year and they didn’t miss Strider or Schwellenbach. These were the last names standing after a long season…

If I was managing, I would have had Tolle finish his inning and Gray go through one more inning. If Miller still has his issues in game 1, I'm not bringing him back in game 2. Last 3 innings: Gamboa (high GB rate), Whitlock, Chapman.

Posted
4 hours ago, southpaw777 said:

Yes, I understand that and disagree with this part of HIS process…

I heard a good discussion today by David Samson who basically said that Tracy didn’t have to look up, and watch the game, and all he had to do was look down, and look at his paper when he took Gray out. Of course Gray was never a made aware of the plan, and neither was TOll Man. It was not a Master plan for sure. It also seems that the Red Sox players are not to in tuned with Brez, and his computers. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

If I was managing, I would have had Tolle finish his inning and Gray go through one more inning. If Miller still has his issues in game 1, I'm not bringing him back in game 2. Last 3 innings: Gamboa (high GB rate), Whitlock, Chapman.

You’re hired.👏

Posted
23 hours ago, moonslav59 said:

...and he attacks certain players, managers, GMs, owners mercilessly.

He continually called Anthony's injury his pinky finger to get across an obvious side-swipe.

When a prospect does very well, does he come back from long absences to make sure we know he got one wrong?

 

Oh no! Not just attacks, but mercilessly attacks certain players, managers, GMs, and owners oh my.😜. That sounds like a criminal offense.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Old Red said:

Oh no! Not just attacks, but mercilessly attacks certain players, managers, GMs, and owners oh my.😜. That sounds like a criminal offense.

I guess you view it worse than I do.

Prison awaits! LOL.

 

 

 

Posted
On 10/1/2026 at 3:44 PM, moonslav59 said:

...and he attacks certain players, managers, GMs, owners mercilessly.

He continually called Anthony's injury his pinky finger to get across an obvious side-swipe.

When a prospect does very well, does he come back from long absences to make sure we know he got one wrong?

 

Oh no say it ain’t so! Not just attacking, but mercilessly attacking certain players, managers, GMs, and owners. Those sound like a criminal offenses🤫. 
As for little Anthony it had to be his pinky finger, because the way I heard it he injured the finger doing a pinky swear with Mayer.

Posted
1 minute ago, Old Red said:

Oh no say it ain’t so! Not just attacking, but mercilessly attacking certain players, managers, GMs, and owners. Those sound like a criminal offenses🤫. 
As for little Anthony it had to be his pinky finger, because the way I heard it he injured the finger doing a pinky swear with Mayer. 😭😂😜

Excuses for lying don't help your case.

It's hard to imagine hurting another finger while using your pinky during a pinky-swearing incident, but the guys at the gym you listen to, must know more than the rest of us.

We can't trust the internet, but a simple search brought this up. Of course you'll believe what fits your preconceptions anyway...

 

Roman Anthony hurt his finger on May 4, 2026, in Detroit while suffering a partially torn tendon and ligament strain on a check-swing foul ball. [1, 2, 3]
  • The Diagnosis: It was initially described as a minor wrist/hand strain by the Boston Globe, but it was later revealed to be a partial tear of the tendon and ligament in the joint connecting his right ring finger to his wrist.
  • The Incident: He felt the damage occur while attempting a check swing during an at-bat.

 

 

Posted
18 minutes ago, notin said:

I’ve heard about those two…

Upgrading Wong would be nice, but we won't see anything major, since we just gave 2 arms and a leg for AR.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
19 minutes ago, moonslav59 said:

Upgrading Wong would be nice, but we won't see anything major, since we just gave 2 arms and a leg for AR.

How major of an upgrade do people want at backup catcher?  If they just bring back Jake Rogers, I’m fine with it…

Verified Member
Posted
2 minutes ago, notin said:

How major of an upgrade do people want at backup catcher?  If they just bring back Jake Rogers, I’m fine with it…

they could pick a random high school kid and he'd be better than WOng. so, yeah, ROgers is fine.

Posted
29 minutes ago, JimEd said:

they could pick a random high school kid and he'd be better than WOng. so, yeah, ROgers is fine.

That's not very nice.

Posted
1 hour ago, moonslav59 said:

Upgrading Wong would be nice, but we won't see anything major, since we just gave 2 arms and a leg for AR.

That's a pretty good one. Don't forget Narvaez, so 3 arms? (his throwing arm, not the ones that swing a bat)

... and I was going to blame moon for posting too much about "next year" before we were even crushed yet in this year's playoffs...

So how does everyone feel about all the crap coming out about the Front Office forcing Tracy to piss off Sonny Gray so they won't have to worry about paying him a star salary ever again? Not to mention alienating the returning veterans and free agents who may cross Boston off their potential list while earbuds are blasting Led Zep's "Communication Breakdown"...

Posted
29 minutes ago, 5GoldGlovesOF,75 said:

That's a pretty good one. Don't forget Narvaez, so 3 arms? (his throwing arm, not the ones that swing a bat)

... and I was going to blame moon for posting too much about "next year" before we were even crushed yet in this year's playoffs...

So how does everyone feel about all the crap coming out about the Front Office forcing Tracy to piss off Sonny Gray so they won't have to worry about paying him a star salary ever again? Not to mention alienating the returning veterans and free agents who may cross Boston off their potential list while earbuds are blasting Led Zep's "Communication Breakdown"...

I think its dirty play in this current environment.

Posted
3 hours ago, notin said:

How major of an upgrade do people want at backup catcher?  If they just bring back Jake Rogers, I’m fine with it…

Shoulda kept him and traded/DFA'd Wong.

If we upgraded to Jeffers, he'd probably DH when not catching, but then what to do with Duran/Anthony and Mead/Story?

Posted
2 hours ago, 5GoldGlovesOF,75 said:

That's a pretty good one. Don't forget Narvaez, so 3 arms? (his throwing arm, not the ones that swing a bat)

How about 2 arms, a leg and a beard?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...