Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

mvp 78

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    86,363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    270

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by mvp 78

  1. Bonus Year End Question: 5. What is the one question you'd like asked at Monday's year end press conference?
  2. All our questions will be answered then!
  3. If I was managing, I would have had Tolle finish his inning and Gray go through one more inning. If Miller still has his issues in game 1, I'm not bringing him back in game 2. Last 3 innings: Gamboa (high GB rate), Whitlock, Chapman.
  4. He had hinted that he was fine with retirement during the season. I don't think he's a guy that will be pitching when he's 40.
  5. Welcome to TalkSox!
  6. Connor Wong is closer to Swihart.
  7. 1. Pulling starters early has worked for other playoff teams, but didn't work for the 2026 Red Sox. Will Breslow and Tracy continue with this strategy the next time they get into the playoffs? 2. What is the best way to add runs to this lineup? 3. Roman's hand injury clearly didn't get fixed through rest. What is the chance he finally gets surgery this offseason? Also, should we be giving him a mulligan for this season? 4. MLB was proposing a regular season game in Grand Teton National Park. Due to public backlash, the idea was dropped. What would be the best place for MLB to try to schedule a unique Red Sox game? (Note: I went to the exhibition game they played at the LA Coliseum and it was a lot of fun. Not sure the House that Tom Brady Built would be the same. https://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/march-29-2008-record-115300-fans-see-red-sox-beat-dodgers-at-l-a-coliseum-exhibition/ )
  8. Gasper is closer to another former Sox top Prospect: Michael Chavis.
  9. A little. He got more time there when he was with other orgs.
  10. Better than 0 innings.
  11. You'll like Brannon if you believe Bobby Dalbec still deserves a shot.
  12. I'd be happier with Gasper if I felt he could play a little 2b and LF too.
  13. I like him. He doesn't get along with Duran, reportedly.
  14. He won't.
  15. He really doesn't like him.
  16. Yes, Manny pulled the ball more than Tatis does and hit more flyballs.
  17. It's also all about the process to Breslow as well. He may keep doing the same thing over and over because he believes his process is right.
  18. Arias is not a middle of the order bat. He'll start off in the bottom 3.
  19. Suzuki at 2b?
  20. Would he learn to pull the ball?
  21. mvp 78

    DH

    Sox were 11th in OBP and were only 23rd in runs. OBP is fickle when looking at runs. SLG may be a better indicator as part of its calc uses OBP.
  22. I agree. I was just trying to show that this isn't some brand new thing.
  23. mvp 78

    DH

    This problem goes back to the initial signing of Masa. Good player, bad fit for DH. Until he's off the roster, they won't have the stomach to sign another fulltime DH.
  24. I'm sure there are worse GM's out there. He has been a mixed bag. Some trades have been bad, some good. That really seems par for the course. The issue is that he did a wholesale turnover of the 40 man roster so what we see now has his fingerprints all over it. Every player on the roster is because of a move, or lack thereof, that Breslow made.
  25. I agree that Crochet shouldn't have been on the roster. The roster decisions were "unique" for sure. The injuries piled up at the end and the team didn't have an answer for how to put a full squad on the field that could actually compete. 26 started off like crap and ended like it too. They would have been better off not going 32-5 and selling off at the deadline with the looming lockout. This offseason is going to be a weird one and not easy for Breslow to navigate with a lot of decisions for him to make.
×
×
  • Create New...