Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, Hitch said:

That may well be. It is separate to the point(s) I was making, however. He was our, or at least one of our, most important offensive players going into the season and we lost him for a large part of it. Now he has question marks over him going into next year (around health) and we can't build a project around him. 

I agree that we simply cannot make plans based on 500+ PAs from Anthony. I do think Brez attempted to mitigate that fact during the season and both Mead and AR are back for 2027, too. (Mead for 3 more seasons.)

Those two players are not chumps, and they both cost a pretty penny. Those two in season moves, not even counting the Miller trade were the largest since Schawrber.

The thing is, they (plus Contreras & Durbin) needed to make up for the loss of  not just Anthony but also Story, Devers and Bregman. The big drop off from Duran hurt, too.

Maybe I'm too high on Mead and AR, but I see them as significant additions for the full 2027 season, but we need more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...