Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Deja Doh said:

Arozarena would be another mistake (while announcers like to pronounce his name).  A two year contract at most.  He's never hit more that 27 home runs in a season (that was 2 years ago, he's not big enough), so he cannot be classified under any metric as a power hitter.  I'd stay away.

 

i posted this the other day, but a good friend of mine is a very good friend of a player on the Mariners. that player told him the other day that everyone on the team hates Arozarena and can't wait for him to leave.

Community Moderator
Posted
4 minutes ago, NHNative said:

Why in the world is there soxtalk of trading Tolle?

C'mon man.

We're talking about the Sox having discussions LAST offseason. They almost traded him in July 2025 for Joe Ryan FWIW. 

Community Moderator
Posted
3 minutes ago, JimEd said:

i posted this the other day, but a good friend of mine is a very good friend of a player on the Mariners. that player told him the other day that everyone on the team hates Arozarena and can't wait for him to leave.

How do they feel about Josh Naylor? 

Posted

I read something saying the Mariners will not likely resign him. He is clearly their best scorer...why?

Posted
24 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

You said you "questioned the veracity" of the Sox not wanting to trade Marcelo for Marte. You can't have it both ways. 

He’s trying to decide if he should criticize Bres, or defend Bres. It’s quite a conundrum for him.🤫

Posted
23 minutes ago, NHNative said:

Why in the world is there soxtalk of trading Tolle?

C'mon man.

Going back to last season, and the start of this season I think the Red Sox had Early ahead of Tolle. Early started that postseason game against the Yankees last year, and Started this season on the 26 ahead of Tolle. They think differently now.

Posted
1 minute ago, Old Red said:

Going back to last season, and the start of this season I think the Red Sox had Early ahead of Tolle. Early started that postseason game against the Yankees last year, and Started this season on the 26 ahead of Tolle. They think differently now.

I think Tolle has the potential to become one of the best. I just hope he stays healthy---but he is a horse and has that going for him.

Posted
1 minute ago, NHNative said:

I think Tolle has the potential to become one of the best. I just hope he stays healthy---but he is a horse and has that going for him.

As with all pitchers health is the key. He had his heaviest workload this year, so we’ll have to wait and see how, or if it affects him next year. It did Crochet, but Crochet pitched a lot more innings.

Community Moderator
Posted
10 minutes ago, Old Red said:

Going back to last season, and the start of this season I think the Red Sox had Early ahead of Tolle. Early started that postseason game against the Yankees last year, and Started this season on the 26 ahead of Tolle. They think differently now.

Tolle came to ST with an extra pitch and figured out how to throw more strikes. He was a far better pitcher this year than he was last year and completely surpassed Early. It was a conversation in the offseason which was better. Now there is no conversation.

Community Moderator
Posted
5 minutes ago, Old Red said:

As with all pitchers health is the key. He had his heaviest workload this year, so we’ll have to wait and see how, or if it affects him next year. It did Crochet, but Crochet pitched a lot more innings.

Crochet also has an injury history.

Posted
9 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

Crochet also has an injury history.

True, but Houck, and Kut Man didn’t fare well either after their first heavy workload.

Posted
12 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

Tolle came to ST with an extra pitch and figured out how to throw more strikes. He was a far better pitcher this year than he was last year and completely surpassed Early. It was a conversation in the offseason which was better. Now there is no conversation.

I agree.

Posted
12 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

Crochet also has an injury history.

ANd a good reason to maintain a robust bullpen.

Posted
54 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

You said you "questioned the veracity" of the Sox not wanting to trade Marcelo for Marte. You can't have it both ways. 

Questioning and having doubts is not the same as saying I know it's not true. I'm not having it both ways. I don't live in a black and white world.

I still have doubts it's true, because it sounds too extreme, but saying that is not even saying it's 50-50 true/false. Having doubts can be based on a 1-1o% chance it's untrue.

Posted

It's scary to think Brez was willing to trade Arias and Tolle for Ryan or even just Tolle & Early for Marte. People complain about the deals not made, but maybe we should be more careful what we wish for.

Community Moderator
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old Red said:

True, but Houck, and Kut Man didn’t fare well either after their first heavy workload.

The HR rate in Kutter's 180 IP year was a little outrageous too. I believe he has stated that he was injured during that year.

Houck fell off halfway through '24 possibly also due to injury. I was lucky enough to witness this nightmarish start in person: https://www.fangraphs.com/scores/box-score?date=2024-06-29&hometeamid=3&dh=0

Posted
2 minutes ago, moonslav59 said:

Questioning and having doubts is not the same as saying I know it's not true. I'm not having it both ways. I don't live in a black and white world.

I still have doubts it's true, because it sounds too extreme, but saying that is not even saying it's 50-50 true/false. Having doubts can be based on a 1-1o% chance it's untrue.

Extreme to who? Obviously not Breslow. What was extreme was not wanting to include Mayer, but shipping him off to San Fran for a relief pitcher later on.

Community Moderator
Posted
4 minutes ago, moonslav59 said:

Questioning and having doubts is not the same as saying I know it's not true.

It's just you making an argument to make an argument. You don't have any info to state otherwise, but you feel it's not the truth even though the overwhelming evidence points towards it being true. I don't see the point.

Posted
3 minutes ago, moonslav59 said:

It's scary to think Brez was willing to trade Arias and Tolle for Ryan or even just Tolle & Early for Marte. People complain about the deals not made, but maybe we should be more careful what we wish for.

Tolle, and Early were not discussed in tandem for Marte. It was one, or the other.🤭

Posted
1 minute ago, mvp 78 said:

It's just you making an argument to make an argument. You don't have any info to state otherwise, but you feel it's not the truth even though the overwhelming evidence points towards it being true. I don't see the point.

As I said earlier he would have to criticize Breslow as being absurd if it was true as he sees it.

Posted
1 hour ago, NHNative said:

Why in the world is there soxtalk of trading Tolle?

C'mon man.

We are talking about some nearmiss trades that would have sent Tolle packing.

Posted
1 minute ago, moonslav59 said:

We are talking about some nearmiss trades that would have sent Tolle packing.

Tolle wasn’t as highly thought of, or as good  when the trade was discussed, so to me it wasn’t that big of a deal to trade him at the time. Bres must have thought the Red Sox had enough pitching without him. He wanted Marte.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
1 hour ago, NHNative said:

I read something saying the Mariners will not likely resign him. He is clearly their best scorer...why?

They think he looks like a guy who used to tie women to railroad tracks, but has let himself go…

Old-Timey Member
Posted
1 hour ago, mvp 78 said:

Early and Mayer for Marte

or

Early and Mayer for Mead and Miller

Which would you prefer? 

A year ago, I would have said Marte wuth no hesitation.

Mead’s season last year has made me re-think that…

Posted
4 minutes ago, notin said:

They think he looks like a guy who used to tie women to railroad tracks, but has let himself go…

Translation?

Verified Member
Posted
1 hour ago, NHNative said:

I think Tolle has the potential to become one of the best. I just hope he stays healthy---but he is a horse and has that going for him.

Yup.  And that puts hiim right on the RS trading block.

 

Posted
5 minutes ago, notin said:

He looks like a fat Snidely Whiplash

 
Snidely Whiplash Facts for Kids

 

Ah yes. I should have got that. Been a while.

Verified Member
Posted

Speaking of RS trades, right now:  Red Sox 3 (Betts and Kike deliver) ; Braves 0 (in 5th inning).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...