Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Talk Sox Contributor
Posted

Here is some of the latest Red Sox analysis from around the internet. The roundup covers the Wild Card Series against the Yankees, manager Chad Tracy's decisions, Sonny Gray's frustration, the team's 2026 season revival, and the Red Sox's post-playoff plans.

Posted

Overall 2026 was a pretty wild ride. Lots of lows, a couple months of highs, then back down again ending with a thorough dog walking by the NYY. Good times, bad times. We saw Tolle and Bennett take major steps forward and I’m excited to see them next season. Made some trades that didn’t help us down the line and depleted the farm system in doing so. I don’t mind trading most prospects, but they should be more balanced for what we’re getting back. Also made some decent moves that should help us moving forward. The draft was another solid one for Breslow.

for the season, overall it was a C  for me. Could have done better/more, but also did some good things moving forward. 

we have a pretty solid starting four as it stands right now. We just need a good middle/back rotation RHP like Gray this season, although he turned out to be our Ace this year. A well deserved paycheck. I like his competitiveness.
the bullpen is set at closer and we can fill in whatever is needed. No big deal there.

we NEED more 280-300BA guys in the lineup. We need more guys that can come through with men on base on a consistent basis. There’s too many streaky hitters in this lineup. Also, If we can find 30hr bat that would be dynamite too. 

I Like the Tracy extension overall. I really hope they realize that not trusting the horses you rode to the show once you got there was NOT the right way to go. Gray was 💯 right. They should have stuck with him and Tolle and TRUSTED them. Not saying they would have won, just saying it was painfully bad game planning to not let your top two starters go through the lineup again. They did it all season. 

this group of guys are good and likable and Tracy is a good manager. Overall I believe they can, and have to make the necessary adjustments and improvements in the lineup and in their game planning for the playoffs or it’ll just be the same thing we’ve seen the last two seasons. there will be a number of key names who’s contracts will be up after the 2027 season. A LOT of money off the books. 
itll be interesting to see if we even have a 2027 season…

ok, grab your golf clubs boys! on to the offseason!
 

Old-Timey Member
Posted

I think this is the worst PO Red Sox team I have ever seen, and is not even close. They weren't even competitive. It was a complete slaughter, massacre and humiliation. What an embarrassment. 

Community Moderator
Posted
17 minutes ago, iortiz said:

I think this is the worst PO Red Sox team I have ever seen, and is not even close. They weren't even competitive. It was a complete slaughter, massacre and humiliation. What an embarrassment. 

How I'd rank other bad playoff teams: 

2009: Swept by the Angels

2005: Swept by the ChiSox

1990: Swept by the A's Part 2

1995: Swept by the Indians

2016: Swept by the Indians Again

1988: Swept by the A's Part 1

 

Posted
41 minutes ago, iortiz said:

I think this is the worst PO Red Sox team I have ever seen, and is not even close. They weren't even competitive. It was a complete slaughter, massacre and humiliation. What an embarrassment. 

Worse than last year?

Community Moderator
Posted
24 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

Worse than last year?

Last year they won a game and were very close to winning the series.

Posted
8 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

Last year they won a game and were very close to winning the series.

Prob the difference is Cora vs Tracy, lol.  Feels like this years team was more talented.

Community Moderator
Posted
2 minutes ago, drewski6 said:

Prob the difference is Cora vs Tracy, lol.  Feels like this years team was more talented.

On paper, they were more talented. In September, they were far more injured and just struggling to get by. 

Posted
1 minute ago, mvp 78 said:

On paper, they were more talented. In September, they were far more injured and just struggling to get by. 

Theres something off.  Roman seems like he doesnt want to be there.  Contreras is talking s***, Gray is talking s***.  After the hot streak, the vibes were pretty bad.  I think that also contributed to us not being as potent as we should have been on paper.

Contreras keeps talking about how data and computers shouldnt make decisions, and Breslow might trade him too.  We dont feel like much of a "team"

Community Moderator
Posted

I think Roman is frustrated with his health. 

Willson's hot/cold energy is frustrated with losing.

Gray is outta here. 

I think the push/pull with analytics is harder on the older players. As they phase out of the game, we'll probably stop hearing players complain about it as all the younger guys have been raised on it. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

I think Roman is frustrated with his health. 

Willson's hot/cold energy is frustrated with losing.

Gray is outta here. 

I think the push/pull with analytics is harder on the older players. As they phase out of the game, we'll probably stop hearing players complain about it as all the younger guys have been raised on it. 

Lot of negative energy, and I think if it was Sept 1, we would keep going how we've been going (bad vibes, no offense).  It doesnt feel like we are a team who only needs to make small tweaks, but it feels like we are a team who will only make small tweaks.
 

My fear is that they run back mostly the same positional group, and we have a bottom 10 offense again next year.  ANd I dont think many posters here even care.  Just as long as we stay sound defensively.

Posted

If the FO had waited until the off-season, I seriously doubt Tracy would have been hired as manager. 

His mismanaging in the PO's neutralized whatever good he accomplished in the reg season. Tracy would have been Grady Littled.

Posted
3 minutes ago, SPLENDIDSPLINTER said:

If the FO had waited until the off-season, I seriously doubt Tracy would have been hired as manager. 

His mismanaging in the PO's neutralized whatever good he accomplished in the reg season. Tracy would have been Grady Littled.

The way Tracy disrespected Gray I doubt Gray will be a Sox next season.

Posted
4 minutes ago, SPLENDIDSPLINTER said:

If the FO had waited until the off-season, I seriously doubt Tracy would have been hired as manager. 

His mismanaging in the PO's neutralized whatever good he accomplished in the reg season. Tracy would have been Grady Littled.

I think Breslow feels vindicated by the idea of Tracy being a success.  If Tracy is over-credited, than that means that Breslow had the balls to get rid of Cora, and it makes him look good for making that swap....

Posted
47 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

I think Roman is frustrated with his health. 

Willson's hot/cold energy is frustrated with losing.

Gray is outta here. 

I think the push/pull with analytics is harder on the older players. As they phase out of the game, we'll probably stop hearing players complain about it as all the younger guys have been raised on it. 

what pitchers are rehabbing from TJ or similar Breslow can find to replace Gray who should have been extended mid season?

Posted
1 hour ago, SPLENDIDSPLINTER said:

The way Tracy disrespected Gray I doubt Gray will be a Sox next season.

Tracy pulled both Tolle and Gray way too early. By the end of the season the bullpen was a shell of itself. Both were close games until Tracy went to the middle innings pitchers. Injuries to Slaton and Guerrero, and Miller and his control issues did the middle innings pitchers in. He needed 6 plus innings from both of them and pulled them for lessor pitchers way too early.

Posted
2 hours ago, mvp 78 said:

I think Roman is frustrated with his health. 

Willson's hot/cold energy is frustrated with losing.

Gray is outta here. 

I think the push/pull with analytics is harder on the older players. As they phase out of the game, we'll probably stop hearing players complain about it as all the younger guys have been raised on it. 

Sounds about right.

Before the last game, I thought Gray would want to come back. I'm not sure how long he holds a grudge, but the grudge was well founded. He only had 70 pitches, was on extra rest and had not been hit all that hard- other than the HR. No BBs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...