scs1918
Verified Member-
Posts
19 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Boston Red Sox Videos
2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking
Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker
News
2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by scs1918
-
I think it is trust and time. I told my daughter, I compared Gray's frustration with Bergeron from the Bruins a few years back. Bruins had an all time season and lost in the first round. For a lot of dumb reasons. They play that series a 100 times they win 99. Bergy and Kreji both retired. My daughter was sad because she thought they could do it again the next year. My point: the season is a marathon. Playoffs are a blink of an eye. Sports and age seasons end. With Gray when you are close to the end of your career I am sure it is very hard to wrap your mind around how fast the playoffs just happened and how long the season just was. Truthfully, you were in command of that game. Furthermore, it MUST REALLY SUCK when you are not on the same page as your manager/GM. To get Grey back there will need to have a serious conversation between Breslow/Tracy and Gray. About how that can't happen again especially when NUMBERS dictate Gray is going to improve next time around the lineup. Bottom line you will never have that moment back when you were in a the middle of a career year.
-
Red Sox (Gray) vs Yankees (Fried): 9/30/26, 8:00pm
scs1918 replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
My least favorite moment came when Schitter was waving his glove and ball on the mound at home plate. Literally no one knew what was happening expect for the resident genius Joe Girardi, who said "that is the universal I need a new ball sign" What??? I forgot how much I can't stand Girardi and HIs Yankee BS -
When are the playoff rosters due? Not that Breslow or Tracy cared but I wanted to go with the veteran spinner for Game 1 and come back with our future ace in gm 2 to close out the series:)
-
I had to look it up: Aug '87 Seitzer actually got 6 hits in one game, only 8 for the weekend. Memories...
-
Yes, the top 2 teams are definitely not picking to play the Sox. Maybe you should submit that playoff thought during the CBAs next year.
-
This post made me look at current MLB stadiums. I came across a top 30 article from someone who recently visited all 30. The author's bottom two were minor league fields the A's and Steinbrenner field. His first actual MLB was White Sox which I guess is called Rate field as his worst. Unfortunately, he didn't include Tampa's stadium. Kaufman rated bad too but I like its visuals and I used to hate that field with Astro turf everything except that fountain. I still have nightmares of Kevin Seitzer. The series he got 10 or 12 hits off of the Sox. I still think any stadium that has cat walks that affect play is the worst. My memory tells me both hitters that hit the cat walks scored. One was the game winner.
-
Just throwing this out there about yesterday's game: Sandoval had a tough 1st inning, but I wonder what Jax would have looked like if the home plate umpire didn't call four pitches that were balls strikes . It is really hard to use the ABS challenge on the first pitch of the game and 4 of the first 10? As for who gets in the starting lineup against game 1 NYY RH. I like Gasper with the short porch and the more disciplined approach. Truthfully, I would love to see Gasper get some fastballs, not that he will. Finally, we have hit a tough spot with this offense, but for me on September 1st we were the 2nd Wild Card end of story no home game second year in a row we are going to Yankee Stadium. Who's to say another 2011 collapse wasn't out of the picture but not likely. I feel we have rested a lot of hitters who may have played if we were pushing for home field.
-
Is this the worst stadium in the MLB ?
-
Right now he reminds me of ALCS 2004 Varitek trying to catch Wakefield.
-
Roman Anthony Is Agonizingly Close To Breaking Out of His Slump
scs1918 replied to Billy Heyen's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Watching one of the Texas games, I heard Merloni or Millar say that Anthony used the phrase," hit like a leadoff hitter" when he was talking about his hitting. For me, I think Roman is thinking like a contact hitter just trying to put a ball in play. Which would be a very different swing than someone looking to do damage. -
First, a three game series is ridiculous. It should be a best of 5 at minimum. Second, I feel good about their chance for the same reason others have stated we have a really good defense and have 3 top starters and 3 top relievers. Of course we have to play the two other top teams before the ALCS even starts. Side note: if you are Texas you have to feel really good about playing not only for the playoffs but for a BYE and only having to beat one of TB, NY, or Bos if you get to the ALCS. Houck is a big time pitcher that could really give the Sox a big boost. Not as much if someone gets hot with a homer or two. I feel the Sox have done the right thing and are getting everyone well in September they had no where to go they were the 2nd WC team. Finally, we go where our pitchers take us. We beat NY in the best of 3(75%) we have a great chance of going to the Series. TB (75%). ALCS(95%). Getting to the Series 75%. Winning the World Series I can't see it but would love to witness it. Less than 10% is probably right. I really like how Tracy/Bailey have manage Tolle and Bennett's load and feel go about them.
-
For me, the Sox best lineup is Anthony in LF and Gasper playing DH against shitter and Cole. Assuming Anthony gets on track in two weeks. I agree Duran is a better defender, but I feel the teams' best ABs are coming from Gasper. I would like to know where exactly to hit Adley in this lineup. My thought is 7-9.
-
Now we know we are playing best of 3 at Yankee stadium. I see Tolle and Gray as starters for game 1 and 2. It may be Tolle to start us out. In the next 25 games who do we think is going to be the third starter ??? Good and bad with today's game: Bad we don't have a chance at a home game in first round of playoffs. Which should be a best of 5, stupid you play 162 games to do best of 3? They did that in NBA forever ago and they played an 82 game schedule. Good we can take our time with the lineup and the innings and days off for the pitchers.
-
I heard it was 10 days during the NESN 1st game coverage. Of course, Sept 1st might have a sub text to it? If Tracy is batting Anthony lead off vs RHP does that mean he is sitting vs. LH if Jones will bat leadoff? I can't see Anthony playing defense right now?? It may be just me but I just want to see him play for 1 week.
-
Is this 2026 Red Sox team…CONTENDERS or PRETENDERS?
scs1918 replied to southpaw777's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
This team is weird just like this whole Anthony injury mess and I'm a little skeptical when Crochet is coming back from his injury. Just like I was when he himself didn't have that many professional innings under his belt prior to last year. I feel like we are getting teased with this team. Are they just clicking is it the competition? I agree we have AAAA players all over the IF. I mean my daughter was pulling hard for Mickey Gasper to get more playing time when they couldn't hit as a team. She said I'm taking what I can get. It is unfortunate that this team has pitched so well and played good defense without any offense for most of the year. For me, Bello and Sandoval will be important pieces if we are to contend in the 2nd half, as we have too many rookies in the rotation. It would be awesome if we could get enough healthy pieces to get a six man rotation but that's wishful thinking as we are barely getting five now. Also, I think or hope if they get a great return for Grey they have to pull the trigger as there are just too many teams lumped together and I'm not sure if this team can contended. Though, I would like to see Grey come back and maybe finish his career with the Sox. More concerned as I don't really have too much faith in Breslow and his word salads. I'm still laughing about Breslow wanting Bello to love baseball again. -
Vern Stephens - Red Sox shortstop - forgotten by the Hall of Fame
scs1918 commented on Charlie Hoke's blog entry in Charlie Hoke
no doubt -
I agree with most of what you said. I agree moving off Devers was a big statement. However, these contracts are always hard to figure. A no trade clause shouldn't be the deal breaker. I mean it's a 5 year contract not 10 years and if we are to believe what we thought we saw Bregman is a team leader who will do whatever it takes to win. Not so much for Devers, even though I feel Devers either didn't get sound advice or didn't follow it. Also, I'm not sure but is a no trade clause front page news for a contract or any news at all or are these contracts public knowledge? Meaning Bregman we don't do No Trades but in this case if it is kept between us we can?? Also, I'm seeing something about deferred money???!!! That was a deal breaker? Again, these contracts are funky, but someone representing the Sox did mention " An aggressive offer??" If we are to believe it was 160/5ys?? Don't get me wrong, I am a third generation die hard fan and I boycotted this John Henry led team for 2020-2022 for the travesty of losing a generational type player like Mookie Betts( what was the offer??) several years after you totally screwed up negotiations for John Lester a few years before. We have seen the Sox be that team that is in on just about every FA but not getting any outside of Bregman, who had an Op out after year 1 and I'm sure All the Sox brass knew he would Op out. They are becoming an interesting organization. I would imagine one of the top 3 or 4 top MLB money makers.
-
Red Sox 2025 Season Review/Offseason Preview Thread
scs1918 replied to Brandon Glick's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
The season was fun. I'm not a Cora fan. This group got me interested again first time in awhile. It has taken me awhile to get over J Henry and the Mookie Betts debacle. Roman Anthony was great to watch. Ironic that he just turned up one day with Freddie's number 19. One of my all time favorites. I'm concerned he hurt his back twice though in a couple of months. Rafaela over the wall catch amazing. The 10 game streak before the all-star game lite a fire. Crochet was fun to watch. I'm glad he put some innings under his belt especially the Yankee stadium playoff IP. Off season moves: What to do with Bregman? The Yankees and others will be there to give him some big money. For me, is his bat worth it? How injured was he? I liked his old deal but how much do you want to go up. Roster sports: 2B: ? is Meyer able to stay healthy or do you put him at 3B depending on Bregman? 1B: I feel Casas comes back and brings some sorely missed power. I'm not sure of Romi's contract but he has to be a platoon player. OF: Duran ? trade or stick with but teach him some small ball? Abreu. Can we help him hit balls over his belt buckle. Excellent defender. Leadoff hitter. Can it really be Anthony? I see Ohtani in LA but really?? Number 2 starter. Devers money what are they going to do with it. Two cents: Is anyone as bored as me with NESN's announcers. Dave Obrien can almost put me to sleep. Middlebrooks, yawn. Lou I like but there is no good banter like with orsilllo and RemDawg. Not to ention the Eck. Pair of Shoes. -
I'm annoyed at Hudson for pointing at 3B to a fast runner who of course was not going 100% either. It's right in your vision that there is no one covering 3B. The 3rd baseman is not even in the frame. Easily 15 feet away. Ideal play round as far as 3b is away from bag. Absolutely no play on him at 3B. The only play was at 1B and I think toshida beats it out with a good throw anyway. The bad catch on Rice's part you can anticipate it with one of your fastest runners rounding 3B. If Rice would have just caught the ball like a short hop grounder and given up the force play this is a non issue. However, IMO Rice is not an inexperienced defender and let's anticipate that it may be a bad throw since he is rushing to get the third out. Of course, can we not go back to why is rafaela bunting with our two fastest runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and a brand new pitcher in the game and fresh off of some good ABs? Basically, we played that inning with only 2 outs since we gifted them 1 out.

