Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Community Moderator
Posted
19 minutes ago, Old Red said:

Duran’s weak arm has been well documented, and I’m not disputing that, but that doesn’t change anything on little A. I just don’t need graphs, and stats I guess to tell me how good someone is, or going like you guys are all hooked on it seems. When your watching a game to you have to look up something to tell you what you are watching, and how good someone is. That’s fine if you do for you, but I’m just not that needy, or interested  for that matter.

I don't need to look up stats to tell me if someone is playing well. The stats can just backup my argument that he's not the horrible defender you make him out to be. 

Old-Timey Member
Posted
2 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

I don't need to look up stats to tell me if someone is playing well. The stats can just backup my argument that he's not the horrible defender you make him out to be. 

I didn’t say horrible, but I just don’t think he’s as good as you do, and I’ll leave it at that.

Community Moderator
Posted
10 minutes ago, Old Red said:

I didn’t say horrible, but I just don’t think he’s as good as you do, and I’ll leave it at that.

How good do you think I think he is? 

Old-Timey Member
Posted
3 hours ago, Old Red said:

I’m sure you have some kind of stat you’re leaning on, but the good old eye test was really impressed with his little League arm last year. What impressed you the most?🤔

The scouts who watched him in the minors and aren’t bsing everything on his one throw vs the Brewers?

On soxprospects they wrote “Strong defensive instincts make up for only average foot speed. Takes efficient routes when moving laterally, but on occasion will be a step slow reading balls over his head. Has primarily played center field, but started playing corner outfield more often in July 2024. Profiles best in the corner outfield long-term, but could play center at least at the beginning of his major league career if needed. Potential above-average defensive profile in the corner and average in center field.”

What are you basing it on?

Community Moderator
Posted
26 minutes ago, notin said:

The scouts who watched him in the minors and aren’t bsing everything on his one throw vs the Brewers?

On soxprospects they wrote “Strong defensive instincts make up for only average foot speed. Takes efficient routes when moving laterally, but on occasion will be a step slow reading balls over his head. Has primarily played center field, but started playing corner outfield more often in July 2024. Profiles best in the corner outfield long-term, but could play center at least at the beginning of his major league career if needed. Potential above-average defensive profile in the corner and average in center field.”

What are you basing it on?

He also messed up that first ball hit to him in his debut. Remember?!?!?!

Old-Timey Member
Posted
32 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

He also messed up that first ball hit to him in his debut. Remember?!?!?!

And that throw against the Reds in the opening series was kind of mediocre and a few feet off the plate…

Community Moderator
Posted
5 minutes ago, notin said:

And that throw against the Reds in the opening series was kind of mediocre and a few feet off the plate…

The more we talk about it, the more I'm changing my mind... 😵‍💫

Posted
15 hours ago, JoeBrady said:

I have no problem with a Arias-ELDC construct.  I just had a problem with moving Durbin, starting Story, and thinking it was an improvement.  The comment I responded to was an overpayment of about 100%.

I would never bench Durbin so Story could start. I guess one of my options (not a suggestion) was we could trade Arias, but I think all of those were for a returning SS.

Posted
6 hours ago, Old Red said:

You’re going off on such a simple thing. Atlanta paid Sale $500,000 in 2024 to win a CY. Those are the facts. What they have to do beyond  2024 wasn’t a point, but you took it there. Keep going, but it doesn Change 2024.

He cost them $10M.  It doesn't matter what date the check was cut.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...