Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

JoeBrady

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by JoeBrady

  1. I agree, but I doubt anyone wants either player. Maybe package them in a bigger deal for an overpaid player that fits better. Story still had a 29/3 K/W after his return from his injury. That's unplayable.
  2. I'd bet that we don't miss any games, unless it is part of an expanded playoff arrangement. I don't think the owners are as hung up on a cap as the fans are. They will look at the percentage of the take that the players get and go from there.
  3. We have Mead and 4 outfielders. My mantra from now until opening day will be "what positions are you going to improve, and by how much?".
  4. That was Tyree Wilson's injury when the Raiders drafted him. It's had to pinpoint what it was that kept him from developing, but it could be the lisfranc.
  5. A lot of fans thought Sale was untradeable at the time. In the 5 between 2019-2023, Sale was 17-18 in total, with a 4.16. That's $132M for 17 wins. The idea that we were getting ANYTHING is beyond preposterous.
  6. JoeBrady

    DH

    Part of the issue will be finding a DH that is a material upgrade over Yoshida. If we sign a mediocre DH to an expensive contract, we'll be having the same discussion 2-3 year from now.
  7. JoeBrady

    DH

    If I were to rely completely on the numbers, OBP correlates to runs scored better than HRs. But it feel like the RS is less than the sum of it parts. We're 28th in OBP out of the lead-off slot. And we're 29th in OBP in the 2-slot. That in turn makes us 28th in scoring in the 1st inning.
  8. Absolutely not. But I would make a huge wager that we are top-15 even if we do not add a bat. And pretty likely top-10.
  9. Our pitching was better and our offense was worse. But that has nothing to do with me saying that we'd have won 95 games if Crochet repeated his 2025. Just for fun, without a single other consideration, if Crochet repeats his 2025, how many games do we win?
  10. Pretty sure that Gray and Suarez's 26-11 have bailed me out on that topic.
  11. Would we have won more games in 2026 if Crochet repeated 2025? And 'no' will be auto-rejected.
  12. Would we have won more games in 2026 if Crochet repeated 2025? And 'no' will be auto-rejected.
  13. This was MVP's response to you: Red Sox '25: 89 wins Red Sox '26: 87 wins My response was: We had twice as many injuries. If Crochet repeats his 2025, we have an easy 95 wins. Basically, more injuries equals less wins. There is no doubt about that. I'm not even talking about run of the mill injuries, like Roman, Romy, Story, etc. But when you lose the #3 pitcher in baseball, you're going to win less games.
  14. I meant OPS+, but my proofreader is too old for the job.
  15. I wouldn't have gone that far, but both guys are DH's that own a LF's glove. i see no reason for the LAD to want either guy, but I wouldn't make my decision based on one or the other being worse.
  16. How about we keep our 111 OPS+ and the LAD keep their 108 OPS+. For the RS, I'd prefer the OBP. It might not be a coincidence that the RS stopped scoring when Masa got injured.
  17. Masa has a better OPS this year.
  18. I'd say they are similar. I think Aroz will get his $66M/3, but I would not do so.
  19. Probably just keeping the rotational order. Having Gray open up means one less day of rest for Gray and one more day of rest for Tolle.
  20. This started off with you comparing 2025 wins v 2026 wins. I explained the difference.
  21. Under- and over-performing is a 100% different than losing the #2 CY. At any given time, half of your players will be better and half will be worse. Losing the #2 in the league is huge.
  22. But he was injured in '26. That's kind of the point.
  23. I think that's pretty reasonable. Most of the guys we've had did a 'reasonable' job, but the leash is only so long. Bloom did a good rebuild of the minors. Cora did a decent job managing. But both hit a wall. Right now, I'd bet on 8 of our 9 position players to have an OPS+ >100. I doubt any other team can match that. So I'd rathe have Gray or Skubal. That said, I'd have no problem adding a thumper at DH. But I'd want a real thumper. I don't want to add a marginal upgrade which will restrict our spending elsewhere. FWIW, had we added Alonso & Bregman, instead of Contreras, Durbin, Gray & Suarez, I seriously doubt we make the playoffs.
  24. We had twice as many injuries. If Crochet repeats his 2025, we have an easy 95 wins.
  25. At $6M, not totally out of the question. But let's break it down into two separate equations. Would you prefer a $22M Aroz, or a '$6M' Yoshida? If one ignores his walk year, then Aroz' last three seasons yields a 114 OPS+. Masa's career is 109. And if Duran is DFAd, what's the plan if one of our OFs gets hurt? At a minimum of 1000 IPs from 2024-2026, Aroz is 40th out of 40 in OAA, FRV, and 36th in DRS. Duran can play LF & CF. And since Ceddanne can play RF, we have all 3 positions covered.
×
×
  • Create New...