Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. Agree 100%. My take is this: Brez has been in communication with these teams for these players, but his package he’s willing to give up is so underwhelming that the opposing GM’s are leaking that the Red Sox are interested, hoping the fan base would put added pressure to give up a bigger package for said player. Brez has a reputation as being hard to deal with.
  2. The reality is all major league baseball players that we are looking to trade for have proven at some point or another that they have success in Major league baseball. Therefore inherently have much higher floors in MLB then these prospects with an ETA of 2028. I agree 100% if we miss on a prospect there will be zero return, if a good baseball player starts declining they’re still some value. Personally I’d love the Red Sox fan base, and front office to add a little AJ preller to their approach. Red Sox fans love to worry about 2031 right now….. You can keep reloading prospects every year.
  3. Well he traded Harrison/ Tibbs/ Dobbins guys that were not his. And it seems very on brand for him to want the glory of saying we saw something no one else did. id love to be shocked but i dont think he will make a big move.
  4. B Lowe is the guy I don’t think will be available.
  5. What deadline do I believe Breslow is capable of pulling off: Big Move: Heliot Ramos/ Luis Arraez. mid Move: Eugenio Suarez/ Pete Fairbanks most likely: Spencer Steer/ Brennan Bernardino I just don’t think Brez is capable of pulling off a big deal in any way shape or form.
  6. Looks like Marte might be available…. Rays are pursuing him
  7. Houck/ K Crawford/ Early coming back I would. if Breslow pulled that off I’d be ecstatic. confidence level Breslow has the stones to pull this off 2/10
  8. Big trade idea Rs Get: Adell 1.4 yrs left, Soriano 2.4 yrs left, Neto 3.4 yrs left LAA Get: Arias, Mayer, Valera or Witherspoon (whomever we aren’t as bullish on)
  9. Fair assessment Neto only 24. I’d lean Neto and giving up Eyanson for the upside. But I think Lindor deal is possible if nothing but for tax relief for Mets. 50m is # I project and it will take a “winning” prospect to satiate the NY media.
  10. I’ve watched Neto quite a bit, guy is great athlete, and I think if we made a trade for Eyanson, Mayer and a couple lotto prospects we would be very happy. He just seems like a dude who would kill it in Boston.
  11. Agree assuming we make a splash w/ bat….. go get one more vet Gausman, Ray, Bieber etc see what happens.
  12. Yeah I disagree with this take. No point in arguing it now…. I am admittedly very high on this team in a playoff series. I’d rather go for it with this pitching staff in 2026-2027 Even w/out Crochet who is done for year.…. Then we can worry about predicting the 2031 lineup at a later date.
  13. Like you saying full contract for full contract? Which obviously NO ONE would eat all of Lindors deal. Or are you arguing lindor and Story are similar players?
  14. I think the scouting report on Seigler is out now…. I love him, want him to stay on 26. But LF, SS, 2B, C…… we need a bat. Go figure something out Breslow.
  15. Do not want @ current contract. You never know how much they would have to eat to trade.
  16. Ok I’ve had a Scary thought about Craig Breslow……… it’s keeps bothering me talking about the trade deadline. We’ve all heard that Breslow has a pretty big ego. He had a very specific way he wanted things done, and it certainly feels like part of the reason Cora was replaced was because he wasn’t doing things Craig’s way. We all knew this team needed a power bat last offseason. It was obvious. Instead, Breslow zigged when everyone expected him to zag and doubled down on pitching and defense. And now that it has worked, I wonder if he feels like he’s getting his pound of flesh and proving to everyone that he was the smartest guy in the room all along. That’s what scares me going forward. I worry that Breslow is so committed to being unconventional and doing things differently that he won’t make the obvious move when the obvious move is actually the right one. Because if he makes the move everyone is calling for and it works, he doesn’t get to be the genius who saw something nobody else did. He reminds me of the kid in high school who only listens to underground bands, then the second one of those bands blows up and becomes popular, he suddenly hates them because everyone else likes them now. Sometimes the smart move doesn’t have to be the clever move. Sometimes the obvious answer is obvious for a reason.
  17. don’t believe everything you read, It’s good to float you’re not selling to maximize return…. But in this case you may be right, sounds like their GM is a dead man walking. Which means crane probably neutered him. Only way for him to save his job is probably have Astros go on a Red Sox type run.
  18. Idk Seager is hurt/there has been conversations about them trying to part from him, if they don’t think they can win. Major holes in their roster. I think there are a lot of players available…… But you have to take a risk. If age and contract aren’t a risk then it will cost you prospects… and weighing those.
  19. I have 100% whiplashed on him, Quickly becoming one of my favorite Red Sox. Hope he’s found permanent footing in batters box. Defensively I can’t remember a better 3b we’ve had since I’ve followed Red Sox.
  20. I want a BAT….. but I do think it’d take a special bat to move Durbin off 3rd. Can’t even think of one that’s been linked to trades. Most teams that are thinking of selling, seem to have upgrades that tend to be better SS/2b…. The list of SS candidates: Neto, Adames, Pena, Lindor, Seager, Garcia. The list of 2b candidates: Paredes, Lowe, Steer (LF/2b), Bichette.
  21. I hate that middle infield so bad… I believe, regardless of trade deadline, we will DFA story at the end of this season. Siegler hasn’t done enough for me to check the box at 2nd base….. if we can get better at second base catcher leftfield, DH or short stop we need to do it.
  22. Yankees are chasing him too… all the reason to keep in the sweepstakes. Seigler easily could go to LF for now if RS acquired someone like a Paredes. Yes we still have consistent holes at C, 2b, SS, LF/DH if we can get better bat at any of those spots you have to let it rip. Figure out the other pieces after. Good to great type “first who then where”
  23. Also SS can play any other position on the diamond besides P and C. So I’m sure Arias would be coveted.
  24. I’m avoiding the question….. It’s a tough one… I don’t think I do. Only 2 seasons left after this for Bangliers….. 2027 is in doubt. Eyanson AND Early I probably roll the dice and make the deal. you?
×
×
  • Create New...