Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. Last nights game reminded me of one thing…… according to Fangraphs the Red Sox Roster was paid 199m this year……..12th most in MLB, The Yankees and Steinbrenners roster was paid 310m or 155% of what the Red Sox roster got paid. it was brutally obvious all these years of playing bullsh** mental games has landed us in a spot where Fenway hasn’t seen a single October baseball game since 2021. The mental games of this bum owner has led us to where we eventually trade Devers, not resign Bregman, not resign Kyle Schwarbers, extend minor leaguers waaaay too early like Kristian Campbell and Roman Anthony. It is time for ownership to look themselves in the mirror, and realize the revenue of this baseball organization comes from passionate people spending their hard earned dollars and they deserve sooooo much more than a payroll to players 12th highest in MLB. Rank Team 2026 Payroll vs. Boston 1 Dodgers (LAD) $410M +$211M 2 Mets (NYM) $358M +$159M 3 Yankees (NYY) $310M +$111M 4 Phillies (PHI) $290M +$91M 5 Blue Jays (TOR) $284M +$85M 6 Braves (ATL) $258M +$59M 7 Cubs (CHC) $250M +$51M 8 Astros (HOU) $240M +$41M 9 Padres (SDP) $217M +$18M 10 Tigers (DET) $205M +$6M 11 Diamondbacks (ARI) $202M +$3M
  2. Mead without prep…… Can’t be worse than Mona the last month.
  3. I think he would benefit from a smaller market, where he wouldn’t be under microscope. Like the KC Royals, AZ DBacks, Pirates or Reds.
  4. Sogard is our 2b in postseason….. Monasterio on the other hand. What incriminating photos does he have on Tracy??
  5. what are your thoughts on lineup vs NYY? game 1: vs Schlittler Starter: Tolle RH Reliever available: Bello, Weissert, Olds, Whitlock LH Reliever available: Bennett, Miller, Crochet, Chapman 1. Anthony LF 2. Gasper DH 3. Contreras 1b 4. Abreu RF 5. Rutschman C 6. Durbin 3b 7. Rafaela CF 8. Sogard 2b 9. Story SS game 2: vs Fried Starter: Gray RH Reliever available: Bello, Weissert, Olds, Whitlock LH Reliever available: Bennett, Miller, Crochet, Chapman 1. Anthony LF 2. Jones DH 3. Contreras 1b 4. Abreu RF 5. Rafaela CF 6. Rutschman C 7. Durbin 3b 8. Sogard 2b 9. Story SS Game 3: vs Cole/Rodon Starter: Suarez RH Reliever available: Bello, Weissert, Olds, Whitlock LH Reliever available: Bennett, Miller, Crochet, Chapman (high leverage situation), Tolle (Closer) 1. Anthony LF 2. Gasper DH 3. Contreras 1b 4. Abreu RF 5. Rutschman C 6. Durbin 3b 7. Rafaela CF 8. Sogard 2b 9. Story SS
  6. Easy to add quality starter at trade deadline if pitching is limping along in June/ July. I agree with Breslow moves to get hitting with control.. I have a feeling Early might have similar trajectory to Harrison not to say they won’t be solid/ good. I just don’t think they have TOTR stuff.
  7. Have we scored a run in the first four innings of a game in like a month?
  8. Doesn’t feel like he is seeing ball well both he and Durbin. Swinging at balls way out of zone. Some tough AB’s lately
  9. I can’t remember the last time Durbin hit a ball hard. I think this weekend was a lost opportunity.. Why the hell didn’t they bring somebody up this weekend? This lineup is not hitting well… Duran struggling….. monasterio struggling……Durbin is struggling…... Contreras is struggling……..we need a spark in the lineup. im good to send Mona down or Seigler…..See if story gets hot almost immediately. If not DFA him and bring up Arias. Roman needs to be here now.
  10. You want Story at SS for this series? IKF DFA??
  11. Utah Sox lineup tonight doing something different. 1- Sogard SS 2- Rafaela 2b 3-Anthony LF 4- Contreras 1b 5- Abreu RF 6- Gasper DH 7- Rutschman C 8- Durbin 3b 9- Duran CF
  12. Love having you tell me how many people live in SLC metro. Lol bro you had SLC at 1.3m it’s 2.6m I don’t know what to tell you…… there are 2.6m that could be at stadium within a typical metro drive. Also get ready for the most aggressive I told you so when SLC gets a team in the next year or so.
  13. I’ve written on here you’re wrong on all your Salt Lake data 7% growth you’ve only taken Salt Lake City. You haven’t taken any of the other municipalities and Salt Lake City has a lot more municipalities than other places. There’s four counties that are all linked to Salt Lake. very close there’s 2.61 million people here there today and 7% growth. they won’t go to San Antonio or Austin because they already have two baseball teams and that would be cutting into those fan bases and they want a team out West.
  14. I’ll bet either of you it’s SLC and Nashville. I’ll go up to $1000 IF MLB expands and it’s not in SLC and Nashville. Like Ive been trying to tell you I think it’s a done deal. Yes I have a couple of sources. It will be bad for pitchers, a full 4200 ft above sea level. Get hot summer winds the baseball will fly. Fun fact the Angels will not send their talented young pitchers to their AAA team SL Bees (Bees play in Daybreak south of SLC about 20 miles their field is at 4700 ft above sea level). It’s straight from double A to big leagues usually.
  15. I know the two expansion teams are gonna be something MLB throws in late to help the players association with whatever compromises they’re having to make. I sure hope everybody is just posturing in terms of missing baseball next year. I think they’ve done a lot of research, and understand how detrimental 1994 was to the sport. Owners want the hard cap compromising with the salary Floor, players want to continue with everything how it is. Predictions on how the sausage gets made and where we end up? Also, when does baseball start next year?
  16. Yeah SLC is shovel in ground ready, has support of entire state roughly 4m people, provides mlb with another west team for late night viewing. It will interesting with altitude as most baseball teams play at sea level. LV is getting the A’s 2000 ft above sea level, if they add SLC is 4200ft above sea level that would be 3 elevation teams. Denver sits at 5200ft.
  17. SLC still has some weird alcohol laws, you can look them up… but yes you can get a beer or cocktail at a game. draftkings sportsbook is illegal in Utah, DraftKings has their fantasy stuff as well, so I guess they could advertise in Utah? Kalshi labels itself as a predictive market, so you can bet sports on it. I use it daily.
  18. Why SLC? I’m not positive. But I think it’s happening, It’s all but been assured. Here is what I know. Population: 2.8m people within a 60 minute drive of SLC. The population #’s don’t look good when comparing to other cities because there are many well ran municipalities close to SLC that have remained independent. From what I’ve learned is rather unique to SLC. Politics & Economics: Utah has Massive corporate growth and backing, its been nicknamed the “Silicone slopes”. Utah loves sports, state already has Mobilized and approved financing in place, like a 3b project for MLB stadium. State of Utah has young population with explosive growth. The politics are pro business. follow the $$: I have a personal relationship with extremely close business connections to Miller family the leaders of “Big League Utah” they will be be the team owners. And let’s just say they have gotten extremely conservative with cash the last 2-3 years. They were the former owners of the Utah Jazz. They have bought up land surrounding the proposed site. The idea is to emulate the Braves set up in SLC. They are moving forward as if it’s happening. look at how they came to market in NHL with the Utah Mammoth, you will see the blueprint and why for a smaller market Utah is a serious player for MLB.
×
×
  • Create New...