Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. A legendary one that he took heat for. Durbin might be my favorite Red Sox player in 2026
  2. Could have had Silseth and O’Hoppe for a bag of peanuts…. Sure as sh** would rather have O’Hoppe taking AB’s in lieu of Narvaez
  3. No way and hope that Narvaez gets a hit? Narvaez can’t even hit a foul ball. Tracy was praying that Mono did EXACTLY that.
  4. Tracy has done some dumb sh** tonight. Who will throw the 10th for us? No way we win this right?
  5. Oh no I’m reading comments from many on X, saying they don’t want even guys like Elly De La Cruz or Witt cuz we have Arias. It’s a very prevalent sentiment amongst those Red Sox fans on X… Maybe I’ve been burned so badly by the “big 3”. But I think the hype machine is out of control on Eyanson and Arias etc etc.
  6. This lineup is A$$ good hell…….Romy nice AB, Narvaez is the absolute worst. Cool AB’s from Rafaela and Abreu
  7. I think fans are a lot more bullish on Arias than the Boston Red Sox are, call it a hunch, but they are definitely looking for a short stop, which should tell you something. I think fans love to crown the next guy coming as the next Mookie betts, but of the thousands upon thousands of players they analyze every year there’s one Mookie.
  8. Could you make a case for O’Neil Cruz? Savant analysis is superstar status, but for whatever reason it’s not working in Pittsburgh… BTV has him at 21.4 surplus I view him closer to 70 Surplus but he would be a giant LH bat we severely need.
  9. If this is the case BTV is do off right now.
  10. Inevitably, I’m sure every front office is using it to their advantage. If you’re trying to get a guy who is signed through 2027, you’re telling the team you don’t think they’re gonna play in 2027. Conversely, if you’re selling a guy under contract through 2027 you’re telling the buying team you think there will be a full season in 27
  11. Well maybe that’s why I liked those deals so much? Ha
  12. It’s seems like if anybody in media hears about trade, it’s usually the kiss of death. If you’re close to a deal neither side leaks it. When you’re far away from deal, and one side leaks it hoping for added pressure from fanbase one way or another. This with 75% certainty is the case here. So we can cross Otto off the list.
  13. I’ll preface this with I don’t think Roman is back… My over the moon excited trade deadline looks like this: Springer for Soto straight up. (DH) Otto Lopez+ Sandy Alcantara+ Pete Fairbanks for Eyanson, Witherspoon, Godbout Every game That Tolle or Bennett pitches between now and October they need to just give us 5 innings (Guerrero, Fairbanks, Whitlock, Chapman close their games) Lopez- full time SS Story/ Mead 2b (if mead makes it back at all) Springer full time player DH/ LF Yoshida/ Duran DH/LF rotate depending on head space of JD
  14. But then every few games he looks like his old self. I’d love Sandy. I’m starting to lean towards 2027 being a lost season. It feels as if many teams are operating that way. Which is why I think marlins will move him.
  15. Angels are not a small market team at all. It’s just been driven to a land of apathy, compounded by the rise of Dodgers… Nevertheless it’s NOTHING like Boston in terms of pressure, which is your point….. I won’t pretend to know the mental makeup of Neto… but it feels abstractly weird to bring it up as reason not to get Neto. You could then say the exact same thing about Otto Lopez, CJ Abrams, Hunter Goodman, etc etc. basically anyone not playing in NYC, Chicago, Philly, Dodgers. Because the pressure is not replicated in 25/30 teams. I like the idea of George Springer, he is exactly a guy I’d want at plate in Oct. I’m not sure what it would take. i think the trade I like most would be Otto Lopez (no Arias in deal) and add Pete Fairbanks.
  16. Ketel Marte is mad at Dbacks again! I’d love him and move Mead to DH. 1b- WC40, 2b- Marte, SS- Mona/ Story/ Arias, 3b- Durbin (assuming Mayer in trade) LF- Yoshida/ Anthony, CF- Rafaela, RF- Abreu, DH- Mead (assuming Duran is in a trade)
  17. I’ve been public about my views on BTV. I think it does a good job on prospects. It struggles with bigger name players without a deviation for scarcity/ team roles.
  18. Linear thinking….. can’t think so linear. First off positionally…. 1. Mead a 2nd baseman? Can’t he be below avg in LF? Wouldn’t he be a best at DH? 2. Surplus? What the hell is surplus? I just saw Mead surplus jump $9 overnight. BTV is ok but it’s not real. It shows Anthony as a surplus 11….. You willing to trade him for +40 surplus?? No way. It’s shows O’Neill Cruz as a +22 surplus you think you can get him for anything less than + 70 surplus. Logically I think Breslow has a better chance of keeping his job, making a deal like this, and keeping most of his prospect powder dry. Than going all in on CJ Abrams or Zach Neto for 3 years
  19. This is the all in move… IMO I agree you try to get Lindor with Mets giving the most cash possible.. But for the sake of the point I’m making, I went with the worst case walk away # for me. the buy on Lindor quality player for 26/27 is what you are after. I think he could easily slide to 2nd in 2027- 2028. 2028 Lindor will be better than anything we have gotten from 2b since 2019……..I think Mead is bound for LF or DH anyway. Mead feels like our Version of Yandy Diaz (with a little worse defensive metrics) I’m saying if you’re playing the deadline the way the Sox used to/ how the Yankees-Dodgers do. Then this is the move. Get the win now, without giving up Eyanson, Arias, or Gonzalez.
  20. It has to be Lindor unless you’re leveraging the farm. If it’s half as good as so many RS fans think it is you can’t risk it for 2-3 years of Neto/ Elly Cruz etc.
  21. The deal is sitting there, the real one at least, and it’s ripe for the taking. Lindor But it requires JH to do something he hasn’t done in years…. Close the spending gap to the big dogs. And take a player in his 30’s for probably a year or 2 longer than you really want him. Lindor costs you Mayer, Duran, and a top 7-8 prospect. You want to compete with Yankees without crushing your farm? There is the move RIGHT THERE. Maybe throw 1 more top 10 prospect add weaver and Peralta. Red Sox get: Lindor, Weaver, Peralta (maybe 20m) Mets get: Duran, Mayer, Azocar, Delzine
  22. More Data: Read through those graphics top one is his spray chart overlayed on Fenway (does not take into account height of baseball when crossing 310 foot threshold) bottom one is his expected HR’s if Fenway was home ballpark. (Does take fence height into consideration) My take guy is gonna lead league in doubles… HR #’s might drop slightly but I’m here for it all. Finally a bat at 2b
  23. Great Q: I think people in Pittsburgh are sort of tired of seeing the talent and it not translating, defensively he’s terrible in CF (effort?). But more than that, it would allow them to take a flyer on a former first round pick, who could play third base for them or second base. Pick up Duran who definitely could use a fresh start and get you a top five prospect. It feels like a move pirates might make. I don’t know. I could be just smoking something. From a Red Sox perspective, I love what it does to the lineup. Hits the ball hard, strikes out a whole bunch, but similar to Duran puts a ton of pressure on bases + HR threat. Opposing teams don’t want him on base. I’m envisioning this line up LHP/ RHP- August 1. Cruz- LF/Cruz- LF 2. Mead- 2b/ Mead- 2b 3. Abreu- RF/ Abreu- RF 4. Contreras- 1b/ Contreras- 1b 5. Romy- DH/ Yoshida- DH 6. Durbin- 3b/ Durbin- 3b 7. Rafaela- CF/ Rafaela- CF 8. Wong or Narvaez- C 9. Monasterio or Cheng or Seigler- SS LHP/ RHP- End of September 1. Cruz- LF or DH / Cruz- LF or DH 2. Mead- 2b/ Mead- 2b 3. Abreu- RF/ Abreu- RF 4. Contreras- 1b/ Contreras- 1b 5. Anthony- LF or DH/ Anthony- LF or DH 6. Durbin- 3b/ Durbin- 3b 7. Rafaela- CF/ Rafaela- CF 8. Wong or Narvaez- C 9. Arias- SS
  24. Yeah, my opinion is he’s still a guy that has started 20 games for them this year, under four ERA, and eats innings which everybody needs in August and September. Marcelo stock has never been lower. You don’t take that kind of risk in the middle of a pennant race.
×
×
  • Create New...