Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. A’s unfortunately Definitely not taking Mayer.
  2. Notin you forgetting about Jacob Wilson? They have Gelof (3b), Wilson (SS), soon to be DeVries (2b) Kurtz (1b) Soderstrom (1b/OF) I strongly believe it’s pitching, that gets deal done.
  3. I actually think this lines up better than most people think, the A’s need pitching, they already have Devries who is higher rated than Arias. But I think they realize they need pitching to win in the desert. So I think a MLB riser like Early would be the headliner, then add in 1 other really talented arm coming up. Like an Early/ Witherspoon.
  4. Agree…. Who do you think is available? Or will be available in next 10 days??
  5. I’d do Mayer and Azocar. Maybe Early and Azocar…. He’s a good player. Reminds me of Rafaela with his Body type/ athleticism/ swing foundation.
  6. 2024 was a long time ago finished 6 games out of WC last year and trending down. Just saying
  7. I mean you can’t sell because you don’t think you can beat the dodgers…. 29 teams would be selling. We are in WC spot. Jake Bennett is a revelation, bullpen has been nails. Getting on base more, when we get guys on base, we are taking bags, making contact moving runners over. IMO we still need more big fly in the lineup if we are going to compete in October but the pitching is great. Chad Tracy is incredible….. My fear is Breslow will talk himself out of any big move, thinking he will get ‘25 Story back, and eventually Roman. If we do get a big bat….. 🙏 could be special.
  8. No there isn’t any evidence KC wants to move him, for all the reasons I like him…. Other than 2026 Royals had much higher expectations, and they can see this team isn’t going to be able to win as currently constructed.
  9. I 100% believe you are attempting to red herring the argument. The argument is he a selfish player?and is he to blame for the way things went down in Boston? and the answer to me is yes. Now if you wanna attack the messenger, that’s fine, but the truth is where there’s smoke there’s usually a little bit of fire There was selfish behavior in Boston, WC40 comes to Boston and was asked if he would catch, he responded with “I’ll do whatever the team needs” contrast that with Devers and his conversations about 3rd base…. Then there is a narrative in San Francisco, and then the public display on pinch running. That’s two different places with public displays and well-known examples of him being difficult so yes, I do believe that Devers is in the bad.
  10. Will Clark Eric Byrnes I thought there was one more, but I can’t find it….. Point is there are multiple, and very few other players have ever had the amount of smoke around them suggesting selfishness in times over the interest of the team. Eric Byrnes recently said he just wants him off the team doesn’t care what it costs.
  11. The pitching is WS caliber IMO if we get crochet back. I think we signed Suarez for that late season run. offensively last 28 days per BR durbin OPS .1013 (bound too cool) siegler OPS .733 ( I don’t think he will maintain that) Rafaela OPS .690 ( hope he ticks back up) Contreras OPS .850 ( hope for consistency) Abreu OPS .725 ( hope he ticks back up) Duran OPS .388 (give him July off to reset his mind…. No idea but literally can’t get worse) Yoshida OPS .958 ( probably cools some) my point to putting out the last 28 days is when we get that level of production we went 15-6. Sidenote: I think we are 13-8 best case w/ Cora in that run. Trade deadline there are some bats available, that will help this lineup. You will either have to give up good players to get them. Or take some risk financially vs Father Time. But to sell after the run we’ve been, on and knowing how our roster is constructed for WC round. Based on info we have about injuries, and people coming back that’s Crazy talk IMO.
  12. I agree….. I think a cohesive organization has solid two way communication in those positions. Writing a job description for Breslow I’d put #1 priority to get the best assembly of players possible under direction of ownership. And signing Bregman definitely was that. A cohesive organization I believe would have multiple conversations with Cora before deciding to trade/ sign free agents. I believe those happened, Cora freaking loves Bregman. Writing a job description for Cora I’d put #1 priority to get the most out of the roster he is provided. The locker room culture is much more greatly impacted by those in there with players. extracting your vision and giving your opinions about roster construction… but once deal is made show unity in decision making and get the best out of the 26 in clubhouse. The stubbornness and putting yourself above the team is a Devers thing. One that has rubbed many in Giants org wrong as well. I’ve seen ex players there express their disdain for the way Devers carries himself. (They have more info than gen pop) Honestly it sucks cuz Devers is exactly what this team needs. But he chose his ego over winning. Hard to get behind.
  13. I personally like Garcia could play multiple positions really good at SS, good glove, had a nagging hand injury at start of may he tried to play through eventually they put him on IL. Team control through 2029, Had a .784 OPS in April w/ 3 HR’s. Last year 800 OPS doesn’t strike out .350 OBP. I’d definitely put Garcia in at least the same tier as Shaw. I wonder if Wacha and Garcia would be available?
  14. Do you think Seigler is sustainable? That’s a question I’ve asked myself a lot. Avg .147 OPS 515 in July It’s probably because of Mickey Gaspar but I’m just not positive.
  15. https://x.com/byronjr23/status/2077137948408189265?s=20
  16. Ward if available is exactly what this team could use at DH OBP% .389. That would work. im hoping we gas some prospects, and bring in a serious bat to add pop to lineup. I believe you and I have different beliefs in this 2026 team. You might be right…. Guys I think could be had… A tier: Neto, Buxton, Goodman, Lindor, Bichette B tier: M Garcia, Pena, Adames C Tier: Paredes, Jeffers, Ward, Arraez, Steer, Moniak D Tier: Adell, L Thomas, O’Neill, Soler
  17. Names on your radar?? I saw some stuff on twitter about Twins might selling anyways. And a lot of Jeffers/ Ryan rumors to Yanks. Just thought I’d put it out there.
  18. Haven’t looked at his splits in a few weeks, but I thought his bat would play in Boston. SFG Taking Story and KC, I’d do it…. I don’t think there is any chance he falls off the cliff Story has. Literally can’t be THAT bad…… plus he rakes post ASB every year…. so yeah I’m in. Definitely the least exciting of names discussed today.
  19. He does have NTC good point…. You have to think to play LF for the Boston F***ing Red Sox while pushing for postseason. You gotta say yes?? Have WC40 call him and tell him what it’s like out there. Bux move would be exactly what the lineup needs, but would definitely change the roles of Yoshida and Duran…. they would need to go.
  20. Yes I would….. also Agree I don’t think Astros take Duran… Peña is represented by Boras…. So no hometown discount on extension. But might be salary cap?? Question for all of you…….Max offer on July 15th for these 3? Byron Buxton (control through ‘28), Joe Ryan (control through ‘27), Ryan Jeffers (rental)?
  21. Honestly, I think this team is really close to being a title contender probably more so than the rest of you so I’d probably cut off at Eyanson Mayer Duran. But I also think we’d get a hometown discount for a long-term deal with Peña so I think the risk is a little lower than just any player for 1.4 years.
  22. Go get Paredes AND Peña. 🙏 I’m getting greedy
  23. This tracks as there is not much to get excited about in Anaheim these days. Big market team w/ an owner that believes people come to ballpark to watch stars hit. Neto is that…… Neto is a great young player would be a lot of fun. You guys would love him, there’s some Pedroia esque qualities to him. but agree with analysis if the assets used to acquire him is even marginally higher than Pena… I’m of the belief Pena would be awesome.
  24. Mayer, Duran, Phillips for Pena? I’m still in
×
×
  • Create New...