Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. A couple thoughts. 1. Nashville & SLC are the MLB teams for expansion. 99.6% sure. 2. I would do 4 divisions of 8 teams so that we don’t get such lopsided divisions. AL East: Bos, NYY, Tor, Bal,Wh Sox, Cle, Det, Minn AL West: LAA, Sea, LV, SLC, AZ, KC, Hou, Tex NL East: NYM, Phi, Pit, Wash, Atl, Nash, Mia, TBR NL West: Cubs, Mil, St Lou, Cin, SDP, LAD, SFG, Col
  2. I think you have to look at Duran as a platoon in left at this point. The uncompetitive AB’s just keep stacking up. i’ve had two thoughts with Duran. 1- what I stated up above. Him and J Jones. Platoon left Field throughout 26. 2- when Anthony gets back play him in left-field, and if monasterio has been replaced at shortstop, then use Gasper and Monasterio at DH. Give Duran a solid week off of no baseball just let him reset.
  3. Feels like a Bennett Bello day with Aroldis there to clean up a 5-3 W
  4. Gaspar doesn’t hit LHP well though. Makes sense and Eli white is a really good LHP PH. Plus absolutely flies on the bases. I wouldn’t have second-guess that decision if it didn’t work out.
  5. I agree. But it would be nice to somehow get on the other side of the bracket away from the AL East teams. I think baseball should either expand to 8 playoff teams and play a best of five opening series orrrrrrr favor more total record versus division champion. (my preferred)
  6. Also agree on stairway to heaven, not my favorite… Many cerebral music listeners will say stairway to Heaven has genius Architecture. Although admittedly I also hate Bob Dylan, so I’m probably not the go to on music. I think it’s unfair for us to compare Roman to Casas for sure, but I understand the concern and it’s the way in which he gets injured, and is out for a long periods of time. It definitely is valid to have the thought, I’m not sure……… I’ll tell you this….. one more practice swing, or check swing six month injury and I’ll concede that Roman is Casas 2.0.
  7. Attempting to be Realistic in terms of health: What lineup does Tracy roll out in NYC for wild card games vs the Yankees this year? 1- 2- 3- 4- 5- 6- 7- 8- 9- 5 bench guys- SP Game 1- SP Game 2- SP Game 3-
  8. Latest on Roman??? what does ramp up look like for him?
  9. I’d forgotten about IKF… he’s gonna be “slow played” back to health, see if we have any injuries.. but I think it would take a lot to give him PT. Romy, IKF, Mead, Story, Monasterio, Seigler maybe Arias: a lot of right hand hitting MIF
  10. Yeah we 100% agree, but are leaning/ planning for IF or when guys revert back to their personal mean. If Mona keeps at a 850+ OPS he isn’t going anywhere. Nor should he.
  11. Hard to get a lot of clarity on our MIF. Mead will most likely be 2b, especially if Roman gets back. At that case I really like Monasterio 1-6 or 7 innings, Cheng 7-9 if Red Sox are up defensively, with Story to PH/ pinch run if situation presents itself.
  12. Even 2025 Story really lacked in areas I think this team needs out of MIF down the stretch this year. And 2025 was by far his best season in Boston.
  13. Just to clarify…….. So you want guy on right to hit at DH? As opposed to Duran or Yoshida? And you’d rather have guy on left defensively at SS? I do agree Story shouldn’t see the field at all….. unless we have another injury.
  14. Story K rate, swing and miss, and lack of walks drive me nuts. Mona is not good defensively, but neither is Story. I’d rather have Mona’s bat in the lineup. to me I’d tell story, clearly we have been better without you. “don’t tell us you’re ready until you’re pain free” do a full minor league rehab….. and tell him “we can’t have a black hole in lineup.. he should watch Taylor Wards approach at plate, learn from it.. and get really good at sac bunting.”
  15. No doubt, but I absolutely was furious that We didn’t offer Alonso, trade Mayer and Early for Marte, and of course I was on team Bregman after all that had happened with Devers……. I’m the first to admit I was completely wrong. The way Durbin has turned around. He is absolutely my favorite Red Sox player and I’m just so glad we have him for years to come. I think his mental toughness is stuff of legend I still wish we had Alonso at DH all year, but I’m sure Craig did as well. It’s easy to spend someone else’s money.
  16. Is that standard? I mean the only other time I remember a turn around like this was the Phillies this year, and Mattingly still has interim title.
  17. Breslow looks like a completely different GM than a year ago. I wonder how much of an internal struggle there was between him and Cora. He has shown growth/ decisiveness/ aggression at times. I literally didn’t have a single positive thing to say about him June 2025- July 2026 (called him Beta Breslow)…. Probably couldn’t find a single positive remark I made in regards to him. I just like that he is evolving even if just a little. Regardless of how this season turns out, I can see the vision Breslow built this team on and it’s been a fun year. I’d like to see Breslow and Tracy lead us in 2027.
  18. When do the Sox pull interim tag off Tracy? He has been a revelation. He’s not batting 1000, but he does so much right day to day. And it feels like the locker room follows him. Breslow has shown growth and vision with this team… Regardless of the results of the 1st 3 months of the season, if you would have said to me “no impact on season from Anthony only plays 30 games and has mid 6’s OPS, and Crochet will only start 6 games and a 6.3 ERA…. What do you think Red Sox record would be on Aug 5th?” I would have said best case scenario .500
  19. Didn’t know this existed. There goes the idea that Narvaez was “chemistry guy”… I can’t find podcast different name?
  20. So you want to prop up Narvaez on past #’s but use Adley stats from a specific date of may 1st? what are Adley career stats? Compared to Narvaez? Not even worth comping. what is Narvaez doing may 1st til now? Ops+ 50, ops of 535. Lol
  21. He was there I just couldn’t figure out where to play him. Good luck to Tracy.
  22. Let’s revisit this in 1 year……. or 2 if you want to see how Witherspoon turns out. I give Breslow a B+ he is evolving as a CBO. And we are going for a pennant. Sgo Sox
×
×
  • Create New...