Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. When I said Paredes isnt the leader or the starpower, I simply meant hes not good enough. Im not crying over Paredes because he's a C+ overall player, and all he really does it fix us positionally. But I dont think a positional problem is a problem in 2026. I think the whole league has gone mix and match and when I post articles saying this I get responses that are like "I dont trust that source because everything that goes contrary to what I want to believe is fake news" The problem of this team is not too many outfielders Had we traded this 81 overall outfielder for a 77 overall 3rd baseman, we'd be very close to where we are. We did not need to optimize our lineup positionally, we needed more A+ hitters. Like I said all along, we need elite hitters and I care not where they play. WE need redundancy and depth. A lot of people overlook that depth is NOT having starting caliber players on your bench (IKF is not btw) its having 9 very good hitters, so if 3 get hurt, you still got 6. You all wanted 9 starting pitchers but were fine with 4 quality hitters. I think we focused too much on positions as it is and thats why we didnt get Schwarber. We needed to get the 2 very best hitters we could, even if one was a DH and the other was a corner outfielder. Dont care. But like IVe been saying everyone wants to take a victory lap. And the people who are like "I think we should have clear batting order and same positional group every day and now , this bad start proves me right" .... But literally no team is doing that in 2026. Moving guys around is not the problem. Juggling too many players is not the problem. The problem is not having enough blue chip , elite hitters. We have 0.
  2. Between Contreras and Story , I would have thought they would have had enough ....But Im hearing that they dont , and its hard to argue considering what we see on the field. But we'll see if they win agian tonight.
  3. Paredes doesnt fix the lack of leadership and the lack of star power.
  4. Im not there yet, but if Narvaez keeps struggling , I do think that Contreras to C becomes an option. At least occasionally in 2026 when Wall St Journal is posting articles about how the set lineup is dead.
  5. not the biggest question but a question.
  6. The average number of different lineups used by MLB managers over the course of a season is like 100. The everyday lineup is extinct. https://www.wsj.com/articles/baseballs-lineup-shuffle-1459443463
  7. And Masa first base. ANd Contreras Catcher.
  8. I would have had Cedanne work at SS all offseason.
  9. Never underestimate the amount of mental gymnastics every single one of us will do to take a victory lap.
  10. Yes, like Ive said. Everyone thinks the reason the team is struggling is because the team didnt do what that poster specifically wanted. Had we flipped Duran for prospects like youve been screaming to do, Im not sure that we would go from 2026 zero to hero.
  11. I saw it in the Olympics for hockey too. Guys coming back and struggling. NOt all but some. People are individuals. I just find it more likely that Duran and Roman are not struggling becasue theyve have 2 extra days off each than they would have had if Masa had not been on teh roster.
  12. There were plenty, and I do many plenty of ways we could have further bolstered the infield while leaving the strength of the outfield intact.
  13. I feel confident the problem of this team isnt that we have too many hitters.
  14. I think they are struggling from a WBC hangover more than getting ample rest. Rest days are up across all teams. I dont rule out the swapping and getting everybody in may be preventing a few guys from getting into a groove but I dont think its the main driver of it. I think its the WBC hangover.
  15. Agree that a good bench is not a bad problem and not why we are struggling. I disagree that Cora being unable to play players consistently is driving our struggles. All managers are working in benches more and playing matchup more vs same guys every night. I think that 99.99% of the time when your team underperforms , its more likely to be not enough talent than too much.
  16. The sample size of 2026 games played thus far by Philly is a much more valid sample when discussing the 2026 Phillies team than it is trying to assess Dombrowski who has a body of work of like 20 years between like 4 teams. Comparing 2026 Phils vs 2026 Red Sox is not apples to apples comparing Breslow to Dombrowski. And Breslow was just not able to make the moves he wanted to make, because hes a bad communicator and we've told you this even before he botched the offseason, which I graded a "D" Dombrowski is a very respected baseball guy. Breslow is an absolute clown. And I dont care about the Phillies 2026 record. Maybe we'll stop asking for Dombrowksi back if the Phills keep struggling ..... If thats what you want , you will probably get it. But Breslow needs to get fired today (and Cora promoted)
  17. Im optimistic we are better than this, not optimistic that we have a young dynamo cant-miss core is in place for future championships.
  18. Im optimistic that if I start yelling about how awful and badly constructed this team is, and how we are already toast - I will wind up looking foolish. Because this team prob does have 30-50 games of good play in them, and is very capable of clawing back into a postseason conversation. The expanded format helps a lot. But I do think that a lot of people yelling about how were were second best team in baseball or just as good a shot as anyone to win division - all of that was too optimistic. I myself started drinking some kool-aid when everyone was on fire during WBC, but then what feels like an adrenaline dump happened.
  19. Now we're getting into it on Wrestlemania weekend! Best tag teams: 1. The Hardy Boys 2. The New Age Outlaws 3. The Acolytes / APA 4. Legion of Doom / The Road Warriors 5. The Usos 6. The Rockers 7. The Dudley Boyz 8. Demolition 9. The Hart Foundation 10. The New Day
  20. When TedYazPapi calls you a horse the first time, you say "Im not a horse man". When TedYazPapi calls you a horse a second time you hit back a little bit something like Actually, Trevor Story led the team in errors last season with 19, which was ten more than number two on that list. Abreu came in at eighth overall with five. Kristian Campbell ranked ahead of him though, with seven. When TedYazPapi calls you horse a third time, its time to accept fact and eat some hay. Im sorry, Alan.
  21. I agree, and Im not against speculating what those trades might be when we are closer to the deadline , just wanted to point out that so much can change and there are many unresolved questions already. Short of bringing in an absolute stud if one is available, I think we are best served with a little patience. If we are rounding into June and making up no ground, maybe then we start getting itchy. But the team is starting to come around and we're winning games at enough of a clip to warrant just waiting on more info from like Durbin, Mayer, catchers, health, Roman (just the arm)....
  22. Get off the they cant move Duran, its nonsense. There are 29 teams interested in Duran. Not everyone who someone considers moving, and doesnt get moved, is pulled from the trade block because the player is not moveable.
  23. Looks like you are just going to have to change your name to Alan, Alex
×
×
  • Create New...