Thats not true. I think hes done everything they asked him to do. Im increasingly concerned that IKF is going to supplant him because of Cora, not because I want it to happen.
I literally just said "The trade was PW, Bello, Harrison, and a prospect thats not the 6'7 CF for Marte or even Seager." Notice the absence of Abreu, Duran, Mayer, Tolle, Early. To me this was my "guys I prefer not to trade list"
The guy I dont like is Cedanne. Becuase I think Duran is a better overall CF'er (offense and defense into account). And I think it opens up the DH spot for Schwarber, Rooker, Alvarez, David Ortiz, a guy like that. A real stud with a bat.
I also dont like IKF, especially as a backup first baseman.
I like 6'3 guys , who work out, do what they are told, and are fluid in the field and Mayer checks those boxes.
I think Cora will bench Mayer too much, and for reasons that you are convincing me on - Im starting to get frustrated with Cora.
Youve been convincing me (slowly) for almost a year that IVe overrated Cora (although , I still wonder if he would be good upstairs , like Brad Stevens)...And the reason why I am scared right now of Mayer losing playing time to IKF is because I heard it on NESN last night and also because you are starting to convince me that Ive overrated Cora.
Id tell you if I didnt like Mayer. But I like big bodied players who work out and maintain their athleticism and fluidity even after adding muscle. ANd Mayer checks these boxes.
Heres a cheat code of whether or not I like a player? Are they 6'2 or above?