Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. If Im the mets, I hold onto lindor over all these salary dumps.
  2. I feel you are paying a premium for his past performance and that hes a short stop, but modern science has shown that fielding is a young mans game, especially key positions, and if he ages into a less premium spot defensively....Im not sure I want to pay that excess price because of what it rules out. Id be more interested in Lindor if he came with a 2b (elsewhere) who cant play SS, becasue now Im paying a premium for Lindors ability to cover ss. You cnat get Torres and Blowe and ask one ot play ss. Im not not interested.
  3. i actually may have lost the pap in a move.
  4. i have a papelbom, pedroia, and betts jersey....may pick up a new one.....
  5. im actually going to fenway today.
  6. "im not giving up...." "thats too much....." "Oh no, not my beloved....." I say trade em all 😎
  7. lol those offers are mostly not even close to what it would take. neto isnt a generational player.
  8. Im not sure why everyone is setting themselves up / preparing for disappointment. Breslow needs to make a substantial move, the last 5 deadlines have been rough and were substantial contributors to what got the last guy fired. I wouldnt fret about what we have to give up or cling so closely to our prospects like we are gollum in lord of the rings (my precioussss prospectsssss) Trade and flip, wheel and deal, churn and burn I want demand 5 position player swaps and 2 new pitchers..... Give me: Shea Danglyears, Gleybar T, Neto.....Thats actually prob fine. But also maybe Lugo and a pen arm. Trade the pitchers who are not named: Tolle, Bennet, Gray, Suarez, Crochet
  9. I hear you , I feel like we pay a premium for Lindor that we need not. I wouldnt hate it but its not on my ideal. Hers my ideal: One of: Langeliers, Goodman, Neto (Early goes in this trade + prospects) One of: Blowe, Gleybar Torres, Arraez, Jeffers (if Neto is selected from the above group) One of: steer/addell/bell/hoskins...maybe teoscar....a dh/lf/1b bat that doesnt need to play everyday And lugo to replace early Give me like Langeliers, Torres, steer , lugo and ill be soooo happy.
  10. A little scrum here and there is good for the sport. I dont like when its all lets be besties with the other team. Its okay to be a bit animalistic/tribal/rah-rah/passionate.
  11. On my buddys beer league softball team, my good buddy on the team quit drinking....He needed to...And everyone was happy that he did. But also kind of missed the drunk/aggressive closer. Other teams jsut talked less sh*t when he was there and lubed up. Dont piss off the drunk angry kid who throws a mid 80s slider. You dont want that running in on you.
  12. Agreed that sometime having to carry someone for a couple years on the back end of their contract when theyve aged to the point that the contract is now underwater is cost of doing business, but that doesnt meant that you should target players at that inflection point because their prospect cost would be cheaper. You take it all into account, but sometimes, you just pay the prospect cost to get a star with more prime years ahead (if available)
  13. So maybe dont go into FA or trading out of fear of overpaying. This feels a little counter towards your gotta give to get. "Any (stars) are either signed until age 36-37, or free agents to be, or unavailable, or prohibitively expensive" Yet somehow stars in their prime do get traded or signed or moved. And yes they cost a lot. And yes there is risk in that. But I dont turtle at the cost of what we have to give up to get a star, I get excited at what we are getting. I get plenty of fans look at it from the other way. A couple of my friends , when I text them about potential players we could trade for, they start getting real nervous. When I see RS make big trade , I get excited clicking the link....I have friends who hate it and click out of fear. They read big trade and get nervous about who we gave up.
  14. Its certainly there. Being liked by your teammates and making regrettable comments to fans arent exactly mutually exclusive. They did like a photoshoot with like story and durran riding each other like donkeys. It was very cringe, but it shows a bond. Also Duran was looked upon by teammates after the devers trade. He even repeated the company line. Also, teammates like the spunk when its on their side. If Im a second baseman for the sox , i like knowing that if you throw at my head, duran will be looking to throw some punches. Duran is a good teammate. But he has lapses in judgement, focus, hitting ability, fielding ability
  15. Witherspoon, Eyanson, Phillips, Meyer, Early, Azocar, Castro for Witt....I would do it, but like others , I dont think you can jsut keep adding players until they say yes. Id offer it though.
  16. I agree with Notin, I dont think we need a starter - even minus Early.....With : Gray/Suarez/Tolle/Bennet/Sandoval/Bello....You can still get Crochet back for playoffs and maybe some others too. That being said: I include Early in my trade for either Shange dangly-ears or Hunter S Goodman I make another trade acquiring Gleybar Torres at modest cost If farm not too emptied, I try to get a DH/LF on the cheap as well. Maybe a Spencer Steer, he can prob play 1b when Contreras has to sit for his suspension (thats happening at some point, right)
  17. Good July showdown then , considering they have won 7 vs our better winning streak (but not to sneeze at theirs). Also intra-divisional.
  18. Yeah, or by how often he goes to "Mas" for dinner.
  19. I like when he plays the devil in the SNL skit with Garth Brooks
  20. what kind of italian accent? because the stereotypical italian accent with a lot of eh's and oh's and goombaaaa's is really a Sicilian accent
×
×
  • Create New...