drewski6
Verified Member-
Posts
5,196 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Content Type
Profiles
Boston Red Sox Videos
2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking
Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker
News
2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by drewski6
-
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
I agree with all of this except Gray. IF hes interested in returning on a 1 or 2 year deal and ends the year healthy, you bring him back 0 question. -
Red Sox will regret not acquiring a starter at the deadline
drewski6 replied to southpaw777's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
One sicko even thinks we should of gave gotten Sean Manea, but that same sicko has confessed to being partial towards Samoans. Pew. Pew. -
If/When those on IL return, who goes down/released?
drewski6 replied to Deja Doh's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
If Anthony/Meade/IKF all come back, we already have too many roster decisions to make, Im not looking to add KC to the mix personally. -
If/When those on IL return, who goes down/released?
drewski6 replied to Deja Doh's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
One of Mead/Monasterio/Story/Sogard -
But guys like Joey.....If I said Id love to get Adley Rutchman he would scream....how can you give up on narvaez. Plus the cost to get adley, no wayyyy. I say no deadline moves. And maybe this year, thats reasonable cuz we are red hot, but its his take every year. He hates moving on from people. Hes super loyal. Great friend. Wonderful friend. So this is how I tease him. Im not mean spirited especially to my friends, so i only tease him lightly. So when he poopoo AR.... (It was actually Shea before the injury). ANd hes like we dont need Shea langaliers, narvaez is an all-star and all our prospects are future stars and we are winning every world series for the next 7 years with 0 moves. SO hes against all trades.....and what i tease him about is how quickly the switch flips..... Hey joey, you think we should trade for adley? absolutely not! thats terrible. Narvaez is good and our prospects are too good to flip! Hey Joey, I know you are busy and you didnt see this, but the AR trade already happened, just did....and its omg, championship. queue the duck boats.....we getting drunk to celebrate or what? And I just find that kind of funny. Hey Joey you think we should sign Chapman? What heck no. We dont need another RP. We have the best RP in baseball. Hey Joey, actually we just signed Chapman.....WHAT!?!?!? OMG what a great move. SO I lvoe the guy. But I like to lightly tease him and say stuff like....you might be against getting this player, but it doenst bother me, because i know 5 mins after we get him, you'll freaking love him
-
I try to be in between the goalposts. On one goal post , you have the root for laundry people. People who are like next man up. As soon as someone needs to be paid, on to next. 0 attachment. Then all the way on the other goal post , you have the people who are such homers they paralyze. My friend around the corner is like this. Nothing wrong with it (or the other extreme). But IVe been in fantasy leagues with Joey and hes never made a trade. He never will. He hates all trades. If I get a text "wow , huge sox trade" - I get excited. Hes a huge sox fan. Every deadline he gets nervous. He hates it. He wants no moves every year. Even in like 2023. after we finished in last, I told him the red sox finished in last and need to make pretty big changes. He was against every one. The only person he was willing to move on from was Dalbec. I said: Dalbec got 50 at-bats last year, if you want to climb out of the gutter we need bigger scale changes than that. He disagreed. Whomever is on the team currently and whomever is in the system currently - is the best in his eyes and everyone else on all other teams is not needed. All we need are the guys in teh room (regardless who is in the room). IF they are wearing our jerseys , they are the topps! So free agency, I tease him. I say really like this player. Hes like we dont need them , we have (insert mediocre placeholder or prospect). Trade deadline I tease him. I say id like to trade for this guy (he says in a panic "who would we have to give up"). I dont want to be so in love with our guys that Im against moves like him, but I dont want to be all the way on the end either where I am like - these are all just tradable assets. So I try to be in between and balance it. So I try to root for activity, my favorite thing about Breslow. I like the churn. But I also try to not have 0 loyalties. So youll see me defending story sometimes, duran sometimes....but also, you'll see me trying not to poo-poo potential deals and perennially root for incumbents - because I also know that on improving teams , guys get squeezed.
-
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
me, im prob more like fatu. fire-sign -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Contreras is like Fatu and Story is like Tama Tonga. One is a wild man, the other is measured and controlled and probably the better leader. -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Not to imply I dont also love Willson Contreras. I like the fire. -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
He was third in WAR (positional players) behind Duran #1 (who is his best friend, who you also hate) and Cedanne at #1 (who you have said is a prime example of when WAR gets silly). My point is that he is the leader of the team. And if you ask Duran, he would agree with me. You want to make an argument that its Cedanne, okay, Ill hear you out. But its Story who represents the guys. ANd he leads with his professionalism. Story arrives at the ballpark at the same time every day, doesnt drink night before game days, is a family man, is loyal to his teammates.....Theres something to be said about that. Ur boy, Willson Contreras, will fist fight 3 teammates before his red sox tenure is over....and i heard that we traded mayer cuz him and willson were about to 'tro hands -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
First in hits, first in homeruns, first in RBIs, first in runs scored, first in steals, first in leadership, first in professionalism, first in chemistry, first in line for supper, Thats reg season, in the playoffs: First in hits, first in homeruns, first in RBIs, first in runs scored (tied unlike reg season where he was first alone), first in steals, first in leadership Captain Trevor Story -
There are some people who will say we dont need player x because of the guys we have in house, and they wouldnt give up prospects x,y,z for him because those prospects are really good ...... And then when the trade is made, they immediately flip and now the player we just got is the best in the world because now he wears our jersey. And its homerism. But I dont mean to imply thats a bad thing.
-
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
siegler prob out, right? -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Our best player in 2025 who has played hurt all year in 2026 gets told you dont have a place on this team until you can sac bunt? Dunno if Im with that. Story hopefully can be the position player we add on sept 1 .... story vs monasterio vs meade vs sogard vs yoshia vs duran for 4 spots (2b, SS, LF, DH).... may the hottest players (not the best) win the spots for playoff roster/playing time -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Teams use to often carry 5 bench players (12 pitchers) during the regular season. The frequency of this has really decreased (not necessarily because the rule has, but because of what we've learned about how pitcher rest helps injury prevention and effectiveness) Now it seems like the only times team carry a fifth bench player (before sept 1) are short term (if they do at all anymore). Maybe during a stretch with a lot of nights off, you go to 5 bench/12 pitchers due to pen arms getting inherent rest from no game on the calendar. Or it could be you carry five position bench guys for a spell cuz all 5 were out of options and its just a temporary thing....Like maybe a guy you would normally DFA is hot and you want to postpone a decision on him, and a pitcher with options just pitched so you send the pitcher down temporarily to delay having to make a decision. Then in September , your roster must be 28 and the pitcher max goes to 14. If you were already at max pitchers (13) prior to sept1, which every team is (by choice, not by rule) - this means that you can only call up one more pitcher and one position player (or two position players, but not 2 pitchers cuz that would put you at 15). So you pretty much have 5 (rarely 6) bench players in sept. So generally teams carry 4 bench players until sept 1 and 5 bench players in sept. But then for playoffs, rosters go back down to 26. And you may think - well, the 2 dudes you called up for september (one pitcher , one hitter) dont make playoff roster and thats how you get back to 26 (so your aug 31 roster essentially). But I question that.....For 4 reasons: 1. Many off days in playoffs (so 4 man rotations) and more inherent rest for pen 2. The importance of games (in the playoffs you are trying to win games primarily, less focus on managing through the grind of a long season) - so use your top guys more - so you dont really use your mop up men/pen depth/fifth starters 3. You are free to leave any member of your 40 man off the playoff roster without risking waivers or using an option (translations: options dont matter at this point, so the whole - we have to carry player x becuse he is out of options and cant be sent down, doesnt apply in playoffs- because technically leaving off playoff roster isnt sending down because all minor leagues are wrapped by then) 4. More small ball in playoffs So for these reasons, im a big fan of carrying 5 bench players in the playoffs even though its 26 man roster instead of 28. You use four starters (your firth starter becomes your long-relief guy) and then you use closer , primary set up guy, lefty, and next best pen arm. So a 4 man rotation and 5 man pen (with your reg season fifth starter as one of them). So regardless of who we carry , who we are allowed to carry, blah blah.....If the playoffs started today we would use: Gray, Tolle, Suarez, and then 2 of Bennet/Sandoval/Bello (one is 4th man in rotation, the other is pen), then Chapman, Whitlock, lefty Erik Miller from Giants (why I like the Marcello trade), slaten and guarerro. Forget a 13 pitcher, we hardly need an eleventh! So thats 10 pitchers and its probably enough but maybe carry an 11th to be safe (for me, that would be Bello) , but you certainly dont need 13. So if it were me, I would carry 10 pitchers and 16 potion players (if I could) in playoffs and it would be a platoon-a-thon. And pinch runner, and subs and pinch hititng-a-thon. I dont think the rules allow this, but Im not sure. But what I hate is when mlb playoff teams carry 13 pitchers in the playoffs. You barely need 10. So at least carry one extra pinch runner or hitter or defensive sub and at the very least go 12 pitchers and 14 position players in playoffs, and my question is.....do teams do this? -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
I believe in 5 bench players in playoffs because you run a 4 man rotation and therefore your fifth starter becomes long relief and you dont have to carry your long relief....but im not sure if teams still do this (carry an extra position plyaer in playoffs).... -
A Realistic View at the 2026 Red Sox Part II
drewski6 replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Rosters go to 28 in a little over 3 weeks and stay at 28 until playoffs. Then once playoffs come, I think one guy who likely wont make playoff roster is sandoval or bello (I predict they will carry one not both). -
I agree, some fans want to solve all inefficiencies....like we have 2 shortstops , we have to trade one! But depth/redundancy/coverage are a good thing. This year, with a plethora of serviceable options, I dont think the bottom 1/2 of our lineup will be AAAA players in the playoffs like it was last year. Eli vs Duran vs Jones vs yoshida vs anthony (maybe) for 1-2 spots (LF, DH) Mona vs story vs arias vs siegler vs meade vS sogard for 1-2 spots (2b,ss) My vote is whoever is healthy and hot. You just dont know. By the playoffs Duran could be red hot.
-
IKF, Story, Arias, Meade, Monasterio, Sogard, Siegler = wait and see. We dont know how these guys are going to rehab, look in a rehab, swing timing, like notin said some shine from the current guys might wear off, we dont know if meade is coming back.....Lot in the air, dont think it needs to be figured out today. Also roster expands to 28 in september and options dont matter for postseason rosters.....this is like going to be a "problem" for like 1-2 weeks in august.

