Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. I would love to see Yordan win an MVP and if he does, I just nver ever ever ever want to hear "too much money for a DH" Yordan is a DH you guys. And you guys are always saying stuff like "jsut a DH", youll never hear me say it. I think you can be too valuable to play the field.
  2. Yeah, hes a really cool guy. Goes to like camps and meets kids and stuff.
  3. I doubt he looks to replace Gray, Sandoval and Early with a major SP'er add, since Crochet, Houck, Crawford and Oviedo should be in the mix, but he will likely look to add more depth. Just pulling back your initial comment to clarify my position not to accuse you of moving goalposts or anything like that. The above comment was made in the context of allocating resources towards bullpen and potentially LF. And I interpreted it as a we wont need a pricey SP to replace Gray, Sandoval, Early beause of Crochet, Houck, Crawford, Oviedo coming back to compliment Ranger, Tolle, Bennet, Bello and others. And if Gray finishes this year healthy, I think its worth bringing him back, and I think he'll be pricey. Like maybe like 25m/yr for 2 yrs with incentives that could push it up to 31.5m/yr. Im hopeful that gets it done. If its like 30m base x 4 yrs , I get a little balky.
  4. So because of the designation of the league they play in? I dont think I buy that is always a true indication of the talent within. Also, I think things have been flipped on their head recently and history has to be thrown out the window here. It use to be stupid to go to NCAA vs minors leagues because minors leagues paid and NCAA did not. Its not that world anymore. Skenes was 21 in NCAA. fully developed body. Do you think the guys facing him in NCAA were overmatched by AA pitchers who were 19 and still filling out upper body?
  5. FWAR, and salary and age , oh my. Im interested in the 6'5 Samoan because he is a 6'5 Samoan.
  6. ive seen wrestlers point with their ring finger during promos.
  7. the game threads are so much more negative than the rest of the site.
  8. owen would be starting for me this game.
  9. 2027 starting left-fielder Owen Hull , get use to it.
  10. Yall can drool over your 5'11 chubby catcher all you want. Me ill back the 6'3 Owen , 5 tools, fast and strong, just hit .400 in ACC which is a top 3 NCAA baseball conf. Frankie Pasta Primavera couldnt even make the tar heels right now, and owen was their best player. Your prospect rankings are wack. Chubby catchers in A at #2/3 lololololol
  11. college baseball is best its ever been (I think)
  12. Im pretty sure the ACC all-star team smokes the AA all star team. Maybe not AAA
  13. i still want owen though, but he doesnt have to start the year on the 40 man. I jsut feel like a power NCAA conference is between AA and AAA so you dont need to ride up through the minors anymore. Its not like hes 18 drafted out of high school. I dont love him in A+. Call him up, now!!
  14. oh in that case, fully agree
  15. nope, castillo doesnt have the extension, which doesnt age. Hard pass on castillo, interested in manea.
  16. I dont mean to imply that more stars wouldnt help our chances, im just saying that especially in baseball, mediocre teams can get hot and run the table.
  17. In baseball the team that you are , means the team that you are that day. Its not like a we'll fall back to our level. At least not in playoffs. Maybe over 162. But once you are in, its about being hot, not necessarily about "who are you really?"
  18. thats not how baseball works. Hot teams beat good teams. Doesnt matter what our default level is. IF we get as hot as we did, we'll win the world series. We could easily go ice cold. But baseball is so freaking streaky. Its not like basketball where the best teams tend to make it to the end.
  19. Brannon has like 20 ding-dongs in 200 at bats. But I agree hes kinda cusp.
  20. im not against non-tendering casas and then signing him to a minor league deal, even maybe one that slightly overpays him to keep him as a lottery ticket. BUt I also want Owen Hull on the team next year.
  21. I want his 40 man roster spot going to like Brooks Bannon or username, personally.
  22. Its not basketball. All that matters is who is hot. We can get hot again, I wouldnt like bet on us getting as hot as we were, but a cooldown right about now isnt a bad thing. Dont want to peak too early. A baseball team is nothing. Teams will be the worst in baseball in one month and the best next.
  23. Right, but I would think resigning Sonny Gray this offseason as a UFA counts as replacing Gray. But if he finishes the year healthy, he'll of course have quite the market. I might balk at a third year.
×
×
  • Create New...