Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. hes good for what he is. hes like a criswell. cant all be electric.
  2. "I use my sinker to get fly ball outs" doesnt sound like a great strategy.
  3. yes, people underestimate how fluid it is.
  4. I wonder what the percentage chance was at its lowest point....
  5. How sure are we that Monasterio cant play LF?
  6. This is kind of encouraging when you think about R Anthony coming back and Monasterio likely getting moved to 2b at some point. Some of our ugly numbers above are getting reinforced.
  7. These are good points, but the fact that somebody who plays on both sides of the ball has a higher WAR than someone who does not does not disprove my submission that for non CF, SS - the bat is more important than the glove. I use to think catchers too, but I kind of feel like changes have cut down on the value of a good defensive catcher as framing isnt as important as it use to be and catchers arent really calling pitches anymore. I still see a lot of value in being the pitchers caddy in a way and controlling the running game. But I think Catcher has fallen to third in terms of most important position defensively and the gap between C and the top two (SS, CF) has widened.
  8. fancy footwork by chromeo.
  9. Isnt a shuffle inherently lateral? I dont even know how you would shuffle north-south. And turning your body doesnt count because you are still going sideways relative to the direction you are facing.
  10. tomato on the basis of low hanging fruit. Weve all heard the espresso vs expresso jokes.
  11. dont count on it
  12. Perales is undersized with a weird delivery. Valera has tree trunk legs, well built for the role, and a delivery that is so repeatable, its almost boring. They have similarities, such as injury history and relief pitcher risk. Valera has a high 90s fastball that he throws from the stretch. He has a much higher floor.
  13. Sogard deserves something, but im not sure what that is. If he opened up a restaurant in providence, i would go out of my way to go there.
  14. Its like an undrafted guy in football. You never completely shake the stigma. Or like one of those 25 yr old AHL hockey players that score a goal every night but never get called up. Sorry bro, you were deemed career minor leaguer and you'll need 14 injuries to get a chance that you probably deserve. But on the other hand, there is a reason why Sogard was so unheralded. Hes not big or athletic. But he is solid and if IKF and Meade dont make it back this year, I could be fine with sogard on the postseason 26. But probably still someone better.
  15. Its like an undrafted guy in football. You never completely shake the stigma. Or like one of those 25 yr old AHL hockey players that score a goal every night but never get called up. Sorry bro, you were deemed career minor leaguer and you'll need 14 injuries to get a chance that you probably deserve. But on the other hand, there is a reason why Sogard was so unheralded. Hes not big or athletic. But he is solid and if IKF and Meade dont make it back this year, I could be fine with sogard on the postseason 26. But probably still someone better.
  16. Nice work, I find Owen Hull to be ranked lower than where I would put him, but understood he'll rise if he keeps hitting.
  17. I didnt mean elite defenders at CF and SS. Right now, the most impactful player in the AL is a DH. And I heard a lot of "just a DH". I maintain that generally speaking, the bat is significantly more important. Obviously elite defensive SS,CF are an exception.
  18. I think the reason I am off on Braves is because their 2026 injuries are less of a fwar subtraction from projected because the projecteds are already down from previous injuries. For example, losing spencer strider to injury in 2026 probably wasnt as huge as a loss as i would think from a fwar perspective because his fwar projection for 2026 was already down from his previous injuries. ANd maybe some of this applies to Acuna too.
  19. I would think Braves 1 with us 2, but im not super far off.
  20. Early and even mid season it is better to be good than hot because there is still plenty of runway between then and playoffs, but at a certain point, it flips. In terms of improtance (lowest to highest) 3. Being hot well before playoff season 2. Being good 1. Being hot on the cusp of playoff season Id rather be okay talent and go in hot than be a good team that limps into playoffs. Im not sure when it switches from "better to be good than hot" to "better to be hot than good", but that switch cant be too far away.
×
×
  • Create New...