Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. I guess my thing is the closer we get to October, the less I care about our default talent level and the more I care about how hot we are. Great teams who limp into the playoffs ice cold dont magically become great just because its now playoffs. Maybe basketball because they stop dogging it on defense, lol. And similarly , teams that are playing above their heads and are just okay from a preseason talent ranking perspective, but go into the playoffs on fire, dont immediately cool off just because "they arent supposed to win so much" Right now, the focus should 100% on trying to get guys hot.
  2. To what win the regular season division? I dont care. And I dont care about who is better either. I care about who gets hotter between now and October.
  3. My opinion is that it isnt worth arguing about.
  4. thats how you walk after taking a big poop
  5. you arent confident that we'll be in "bid-ness"?
  6. Because hot hitters can get cold and cold hitters can get hot. And also, Monasterio isnt really a SS, and who is playing 2b right now? Sogard? Plus with Yoshidas injury, there may be some DH opportunities. Also, Story is professional, mature and a team leader.
  7. No, im loud and funny. But i keep it funny and pg-13. For example, at a friars game, ed cooley back (former coach left on bad terms),,,,everyone yelling "f ed cooley"....too much for me , so i waited until it was quiet and yelled "ed cooley doesnt season his pasta sauce. How hard is it too add basil and garlic? blandest marinara in town" Or the time when i was at a providence bruins ahl game....and a player for the penguins AHL team was in teh box for flopping, and i was yelling, bro, you are in the wrong organization. If you played for montreal, that would get you called up.....ANd the dude lauged and then gave me a pound through the glass.
  8. this is why i tell you to adopt sr basset hounds, they dont really jump. Although, my basset hound hadnt jumped in 3 yrs, and i thought she just didnt have it anymore....and then she stole a full steak that was resting on the counter and i was like "have you been kaiser sosa'ing me for years"
  9. why is poochie catching strays?
  10. Our 4 playoff starters should be......our hottest 4 pitchers. Recent memory trumps all when it comes to winning playoff games. What have you done for me, lately? dun-dun-dun-dun. Janet Jackson.
  11. And hes also probably not in the same head space he was in when he was really lost.
  12. are we cherry picking years? Are you going to straight face tell me that it doesnt feel like OPS are down from lets say the 1990-2010 average? It could be my perception and not real but I doubt that.
  13. I sat next to a smoking hot gal last time i was at fenway. she moved her seat to come sit next to me cuz i was yelling funny stuff. It was a fun night. BUt she was showing me pictures of Cedanne at a camp and talking about how awesome he was as a person, So not only is Cedanne a nice guy (which gets bonus points with me) but the fact that he is gave me fodder to keep a chat with an absolute smokeshow going. So you get bonusSKI WAR for this. SO I wouldnt hate Cedanne sneaking an MVP. ANd Yordan? I got sick of hearing "just a DH" so to see a DH win it, would be cool to me. So I wouldnt hate that either. I think the moral of the story is that I am not a good choice to put in charge of this stuff. If somebody had a basset hound and let me pet it, they are getting a lot of MVP points.
  14. Owen Hulls projected 2027 skiWAR: Over 9 thousand. Sean Manea's: 46 (and no, Harmony, this does not mean you can bait and switch in Luis Castillo).
  15. You sure you want that? Im adding adjusters for catitude and personality and marketability and who I decide to fall in love with any given time. And what kidn of pets they have at home. And how hot their wife is. But she cant be an awful person, inner beauty counts. Humor too. And clubhouse matters too. ANd willingness to fight. If you arent willing to stand and bang, you dont win any skiMVPs. And if you are under 6'3 , boy are you going to need a resume (but not impossible).
  16. What does it have to do with discussing MVP resumes that we are in a pitchers year? Competition. They could give it to a pitcher this year, but pitchers kind of have their own award so in a pitcher year, usually a weaker resume MVP gets it than in a year when there are 50 dudes with OPS north of .900
  17. 90% of a positional players value is in what the germans call: "das bat"
  18. I just want to retire the anti-DH slant. If you hit .400 and 50 HR, I aint letting you play the field.
  19. He also never played in this era where there are like 3 guys hitting about .300 and a 3.5 ERA is a #3/4 pitcher lol
  20. Im not looking forward to his money coming off the books. Id happily try to bring him back 2 yr deal 25-27 that pushes to 30-32 / yr with incentives and maybe a conditional third year wth a modest buyout.
  21. If I was a manager and we were allowed to carry 40 men on our active major league roster, I would have 7 platoons.
  22. Doesnt White and Jones have good splits against LHP? Im not sure we need three platoon corner outfileders, but I dont hate it. Im a platoon fan.
×
×
  • Create New...