Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Sure - my point was that it isnt exclusively a Cora thing. Whether or not its in the best interest of the team to move a guy off position for whatever reason or play a guy out of position for a game or a spell of games (if someone hits the 15 day DL) .....All of those decisions, if you were to ask me what I feel about them, I would prob give the ole....."case by case"
  2. Bill Belichick was paraded around on shoulders as a genius for moving guys around. And I understand its a different sport, but baseball is the old-schooliest of sports, the most hesitant to modernize....And what you are seeing with the positional chnages is baseball folks getting dragged into the present kicking and screaming about how things use to be.....When football and basketball positional changes were a thing 5-10 years ago. Baseball is just catching up that positions are suggestions. And versatility is better than rigidity.
  3. Sure , but I think its more "MLB managers" than Cora. Oneill cruz, Dalton varsho, Fernando tatis, mike trout, mookie (3x), jonathan india, raf devers (in SF),jose altuve, javy baez, cam smith, tyler soderstrom (again), bryce harper, jazz chisholm, willson contreras (st louis). Bo Bichette, Addison Barger, Jurickson Profar, and so many others ....Guys are just moving around more these days. Cora may be above average in willingness to use positional versatility/move guys around, but its not like exclusively a Cora thing. And all of those guys are not injury fill-ins, they are permanent position modifications. Im sure some changes were kick-started by mixing up positional alignment due to injury but in the mentioned cases, that was just the catalyst and it stuck for other reasons. ANd another thing is guys moving around, its for all sorts of reasons. E.g. having 2 good second baseman and then a 3b gets hurt so you put a guy there, realize he can do it, and he sticks....Or its player x outgrew his ability to play former position or aged out of it , or always kind of struggled at their position so it was swapped.... Guys are moving around for all sorts of different reasons on almost all teams. I think Cora might be ahead of the curve on it or do it more than most, but I dont think its a cora thing. Dave Roberts moves guys around just as much.
  4. Fair enough, but not what I was talking about haha. FOr example, do you think Fernando Tatis Jr should be a fulltime SS today?
  5. Good point, I had forgotten a bit how much run he had there last year. I do think, however, that they will try to be a bit more protective of Anthony this year after the injury last year, plus as Roman ages hes more likelty to trade athleticism for bulk. A lot of guys can do things at 20/21/22 that they lose the ability to do as their body further develops at age 24/25/26.
  6. Im concerned about Anthony's athleticism in RF and staying healthy.
  7. Id prefer Eaton in RF when Abreu sits (if its due to lefty splits). If its injury and someone has to be out there for like 15-20 games. including righty on the mound - I would think ....thats close but I lean Duran because playing RF without experience with RF is how you get hurt, and I think Duran is more durable.
  8. Give him some reps seeing the ball come at him from that angle in case Abreu needs a night off or is dinged up or something.
  9. But not as much as Bello plus others
  10. He has a hit in every game and plays every position and has wheels. Just gotta learn how/when to tag up.
  11. This game is def TV worthy, I agree.
  12. Eddie Guerrero had a big elbow
  13. Lets get everyone back healthy from the World Baseball Classic before we start worrying about too much of anything (other than pitching), IMO. Im not sure how we'd align with an injury to Abreu (if Duran or Cedanne would shift to right, I imagine one would). Cedanne did hit that dinger a mile, so maybe he does stay above .700 OPS at the plate.
  14. I do not care who plays where for the 8% of games where everyone is healthy and available.
  15. He can run, he can hit gappers, he can hit trips, he sprinkles in occasional HR. He hits the ball hard. Hes going to produce a lot of R's and RBI's and we're gonna need em. But more than anything, I dont want to trade him and then get hit with like an injury to Cedanne or Abreu. Especially not for future assets, which I understand are currency for a big deadline add. But I dont think we can spare Duran at this point in time.
  16. But I honestly care very little where Duran plays. Just as long as hes getting extra base hits because without that, we drop even further than the 19th ranked offense per ESPN. Duran hits a lot of double and triples against righties. Hes probably not a great player. And even I think the #2 CF or comparisons to Kyle Tucker are too far. But I think we need Durans doubles and triples in the middle of our order. It bothers me less than most that hes better suited for a platoon (although, ofc, I do wish he could hit lefties better), and I honestly dont ding his value too much for playing DH. WE need his extra base hits.
  17. I think its the opposite, and he should be in CF.
  18. Habit burger and Culvers are 2 extremely underrated burger chains IMO
  19. Good, so is Early and Mayer. I like it. They say Early added like 15-20 lbs of muscle.
  20. My rule is fries or milkshake, I dont allow myself to get both. Depends where I am. Haven Brothers in Providence is famous (but not great) but the one standout is the oreo-banana milkshake which is awesome. The triple murder burger is overrated. Its just famous for being like the oldest food truck still going not for being great. We have a few good burger spots here in Prov. Where we really shine is sea food and Italian food. Im trying to think where would be the best place geographically, to be called burger town. I remember some good burgers in DC area.
  21. Im more talking about if Roman bulks up down the line. Kristian seems more wirey but we dont know, they are both too young.
  22. You can also turn on legends and draft your franchise. I had Bob Feller, that was fun.
  23. You can play in that park in the video game and you can hit a home run on a foul pop up. Its fun.
×
×
  • Create New...