Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. im jewish , we dont do yes or no, every question is met with either a long-azz pontification or one of those "let me answer your question with a question" jobs.
  2. well despite being lefty heavy, i think sal stewart is the one i want. He also can play many positions serviceably unlike steer who is like a lf/1b but really a dh and kind of fading. Unless hes resurging. I use to follow the reds because i love pitching with hunter greene in the show. Cuz hes got a sexy pitch mix. But I had to take a break from the show. Everyone is throwing up and in sinkers and i hate when everyone is just doing the same thing. Its also why I stopped playing magic the gathering. You get to the professional level and everyone is just running the same deck they googled meta deck right now and its laaaaaaaame
  3. im trying to bait and switch the reds....theyll be like wait...how did us dangling spencer steer turn into us discussing elly and ill be like hit this blunt.
  4. right but if hes a guy who tends to get hurt, rf isnt going to help. 2 injuries in 2 years swinging doesnt mean he cant get hurt in the field.
  5. wait , which one is spencer steer and which one is sal stewart?
  6. yes theyve been on that kick lately. Im not wit it. If I was to rank our problems from 1-30, Abreu wouldnt make the list. they say hes streaky and we can do better, I say sure we can do better , let me know if corbin carroll jordan walker or james wood are available (impossible to overpay for any of those three)
  7. rf at fenway? injury trap!! ra at fenway? bubble wrap!! sausage-pep at fenway? messy crap!! Love me a sausage and peppers and ill get one but my nightmare is having to s*** at fenway.
  8. RF at Fenway sounds like more injuries. I want him at DH or 1b if hes going to be our best hitter to protect him. LF defense is not important and thats why Duran and Anthony are top 10 because other teams have like a soto there (and i wish we did). CF defense = very important but cedanne not going anywhere. Id rather just keep Abreu in RF and let Anthony DH or 1b at least until he proves he can play 100 games in a row without getting hurt. I dont think roman cant play rf , im just sick of losing entire seasons (thats a stretch but not a crazy one) to his injuries and i want to bubble wrap him.
  9. Depends on whats available. Superstar bat? Cant overpay. I dont mean like a 32 yr old on a down season. Sometimes superstars get moved at the deadline. It happens. If thats a possibiity , Im in. But like you, Im heistant to pay big prices for serviceable rentals. But Id pay like Mayer and Phillips for Pena. Hes here for 1.5 years and hes a legit difference maker and Im just not worried about things like but what are we going to do with story and masa?!?!! oh the horror. I think chasing efficiency and not fixing your team because you are trying to scrape value out of fallen investments is like the literal definition of chasing losers.
  10. I had a roll not to long ago, but it was just okay. The best ones are where the are like almost whole claws, this one was chopped and the pieces inside could have been more succulent.
  11. Good time to be in Maine, lobster season.
  12. I like that Maine beer, I think they call it "lunch" its pricey but very good.
  13. straddling feels like a big contributor to what got the last guy fired.
  14. I agree, he (Devers) did come across as stubborn and difficult
  15. Well, 2 out of 60 is 3%. Like I said, there are exceptions , but most of the time, leaders whining about insubordination are bad leaders, but there are of course exceptions. 3% I would say fits as an exception. But in this case, there is a significantly higher than 3% chance that Cora was rooting for Breslow to fail, I get that. But I think its a leap to assume that Breslow had to approach Devers because Cora wanted to play Devers at 1b but didnt have the balls to approach Devers. Its more lilkey to me that Breslow just approached Devers out of the blue or that Cora wasnt on board with Devers playing 1b (I thought it was dumb, the dude had a bum shoulder and hes on fire with the bat) and it should have been Coras decision. You can dislike Cora and be happy he's gone, but this is (my opinion) painting him in an unfair light. Comparing him to an ineffectual mcdonalds manager who is insubordinate and doenst have the balls to have a tough talk with his players. I dont think you keep the job that long, get as respected as Cora was, get immediately offered a job by antoher team if he is what he is being made out to be. Personally, I think the roster overperformed last year, expectations were too high this year....And I do think Cora's magic ran out. I do think his relationship with Breslow was up and down, and maybe it was time for Cora to go just to get a fresh voice. Cora had been here a long time through multiple regimes. BUt I think Breslow is an absolute train wreck. And its not just Cora who he has had issues with. Even Theo said this guy needs a mediator in practically all of his conversations cuz he doesnt human. To me, thats a problem. ANd bad leadership. When he told Whitlock and Story that they dont get to ask questions and they have to do what they are paid to do, I think thats terrible leadership. I think insulting Bregman while you are trying to sign him is bad communication, which is bad leadership. Im not sure of the reasons why, but Breslow interceded with Devers and made it worse. Thats what we know. All this well he had to because Cora is a petty , insubordinate no balls leader who couldnt even cut it as a mcdonalds manager feels inserted.
  16. Breslow went to Devers directly and made a bad situation worse, like he always does.
  17. Breslow seems to be at the center of a lot of leadership issues. Even Theo said it.
  18. Ive never seen a good manager or leader cry insubordination. If you go to HR and want to make a case about insubordination, they will have questions. In most cases, yes, its the higher ranking person who is the problem. If a leader cant get his team to align with him, its usually the leaders problem. OF course, not always. But usually. Ive seen people stomp their feet and pound their chest and yell about their title. Ive seen Breslow do this. Its bad leadership. If Breslow expects that what he says goes, that is a problem. Even if he has the authority to make the final call. Also, Ive seen Breslow botch the communication/leadership multiple times....And if Cora was insubordinate, this is just further evidence that Breslow is in over his head as a leader. And he is. So very very clearly. Sometimes, the smartest people in the room make for hte worst leaders.
  19. If you are screaming insubordination, what that translates to is "Im a bad leader". Ive never struggled to get my employees on my page. A lot of that is mutual respect. Ive seen plenty of managers yell and scream about insubordination. They are usually having to scream about their title and rank and what they say goes. Ive seen Breslow do this. These are never quality people. YOU WILL DO WHAT I SAYYYYYYY is what happens when non leaders wind up in leadership roles, and they lose their top talent.
  20. Ive had 20 people report to me in my career. Not one of their jobs has ever been "to take what I say and run" Of course you want Cora and Breslow on the same page. They werent at first, then it seemed like they were, then it broke up again. Of course if Breslow is dead set on something, nad Cora goes against it, thats risky as Breslow is technically his boss. Its possible that Cora overplayed his hand and thought he could survive Breslow, but Breslow sought and received approval to fire Cora. Regardless the job of an MLB manager is not priimarily to take the words of the CBO and relay it to the team. If so, you would have a parrot or a tape-recorder doing that job. Cora was a respected mlb manager and already turned down a job. And it wasnt because he was so good at taking what people above him said and repeated it. You are reducing him. And yes, "Mcdonalds manager" is the go to for condescending analogies. "woudl you like fries with that?" was like the go to insult of the 90s for people who couldnt secure good jobs.
  21. you dont find that condescending because to me the fact that you are comparing cora to a mcdonalds manager, at all, feels off. And no, I dont think coras job is to be a go-between between breslow and the players, and i think cora and breslow disagreed on that and thats why cora is no longer here. Cuz breslow only wants yes man cuz hes a dicktator.
×
×
  • Create New...