Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Mickey Gasper will hit fifth against righties until 2029. Get use to it.
  2. I would pitch Bello tonight, send him down tomorrow, activate Story or Roman to replace. Then on Sept 1, call bello back up , and add whichever of the 2 wasnt up. IKF likely replaces Siegler. And no way does our hottest hitter go to the bench.
  3. Coincidentally to Notins Q, the answer is the marlins in a marlins game thread
  4. Hed prob be pumped to get the countdown to arbitration/free-agency started.
  5. I know you love hating on RS fans, but the answer is Joe Girardi (Marlins)
  6. If we can keep story down till sept 1, thats what we should prob do. I was working off someone else hypothesizing that hes out of time and its time to call him up or waive him, and Id rather not waive him because it gives us no salary relief (hes not going to get claimed) and we'll be on the hook for him all next year....ANd the rosters expand in 3 days, so just send someone down instead.
  7. No. Here are my assumptions.... 1. Story is at the max time he can stay in minors (I could be wrong), and therefore needs to get called up or waived. 2. Siegler, this is an already an option year, and he can go/up down with no consequence 3. We only need to get to 9/1, until we can carry 28 dudes. Send Siegler down (3 days), bring up Story (if hes out of time). Sit Story on the bench and work with him with the coaches. What I want from Story is his postseason experience, professionalism, and leadership. I also am not ruling out that he gets hot, like he did in the playoffs last year. People can slump between now and October, people can get hurt. I would like to keep Story as a weapon for Tracy to use. Maybe Story gets hot. Maybe Monasterio goes ice cold and Sogard gets hurt. But why get rid of Story as an option, when we could send down a RP for 3 days or send down Siegler for 3 days.
  8. Or just send down Siegler for a couple days. Tell Story to buy him a truck for giving up his 26 man roster spot for a couple days and its no big deal to siegler cuz he has options and will be back in a couple days.
  9. I dont think anybody would claim Story (they would absorb his contract, so would that even be a bad thing). The worst case scenario would be him clearing, declining a minor league assignment, and then signing a min wage deal. But I mean, hes trevor story and I dont see why he would decline a minor league assignment if hes reasonably assured that if he gets hot , he has a chance to play on the 26 man. I dont think he wants to go play for a new team at this point. Unless Breslow botches the conversation and accidentally spits in his face (figuratively), he prob willing to just hang out in the minors for a weekend until rosters expand. Maybe someone should tell him about BT Smokehouse , a good bbq spot in sturbridge (neighbors worcestor). But honestly, I dont see why we cant just go with a 5 man bench and send a pitcher down who pitched recently for a couple days.
  10. Ive decided that Jones is Refsnyder and therefore want him to stay up. I would love to keep Eli up for his legs and ability to defend all 3 OF positions, but can live without him. The worst part of DFA'ing Eli would be that we gave up Uberstine for him, but I guess Uberstine is a 27 yr old minor leaguer, so maybe his 40 man spot was going to go anyways
  11. Can we just go 5 man bench for a couple days and use AAA pitchers for some innings to get us through.
  12. I know that Im rioting if he gets sent down.
  13. 2b filling in at ss for a sizeable spell because default ss gets hurt. But ss expected back at some point. YOu ever play the 2b back at 2b and use your util at ss just so the dude doesnt erode and can stay sharp at 2b? Also its possible to have a 2b vs righties and dh vs lefties sitch. Other stuff too....But.... Ill give it to you and agree. There may be some factors you consider but once you find the formula its pretty consistent until something chnages it....but in our case, a lot of those changes are jsut streaks. Like sogard / money/ siegler ....you know if money is hitting well and playing every day but then cools way off and now siegler is the hotter player, you may do a bit of juggling at other positions when you replace one with the other. Like if im replacing cheng with romy, that may replacing a ss with a 2b, so the 2b i had (e.g. siegler) goes from 2b to ss. So streaks, injuries, handedness, mid-season trades.....these can all be a catalyst for a shuffle. BUt you are correct and i am probably going too far because i am implying like its the wild wild west and just because there are a bunch of these that can lead to a change and change happens ofen, it doesnt mean that its "willy nilly" and i do think that some of my analogies have gone too far and make it seem like its a pure gut feel who plays where and i dont think its that. In dubrins case, I think it became the plan to nver move him later than you may think. But I cant foresee him moving at all until maybe the offseason at the earliest but hes prob our everyday 3b for hte next 3 years and im happy with it. I dont know when it was locked in, that was his position. Probably when he was scuffling at the plate and we are like at least we are getting defensive value out of him at 3b so we are hesitatnt to risk that because then we got another vaughn grissom and nobody wants that....then he got hot with the bat and that double locked it in because now you have a + player on both sides of the ball and those guys dont get moved around as often.
  14. Gasper is too hot to bench right now, and if he doesnt cool down by the playoffs he will need to be in the lineup.
  15. No dude, streaks dont stop happening because the playoffs begin. You are what you are at that time. These things are dynamic/ever-changing/fluid. Guys who are in a season long funk dont magically snap out of it. Stay flexible. Ride the wave of momentum.
  16. Which one? Story? You sure Siegler going down? A week ago, I was. Plans change. Im less sure now.
  17. Only he said the opposite. He said we like his bat. We like that he can play multiple positions. We'll figure it out. So I guess it depends on the dates. But it certainly wasnt the case of having a plan and then trading for him. The plan is to have coverage. Like any good manager.
  18. Sure, I can meet you here. But trades and injuries can happen in season too. So maybe it was at 3b unless something changes, and i agree they wont move him around just to move him around. But like if an all-star 3b falls into our lap at the deadline, or injuries decimate.....could have adjusted. I do think that his versatility was a legit reason why they wanted him tho. Maybe second to his pull-air hitting profile.
  19. I like ENTP, ESTP, ENFP, ENTP Gotta have the E to communicate and gotta have the P to think on your feet and react. Js with their love for everything to be simple and concrete and planned and formulaic and the world doesnt work that way. Mike Tyson taught me that.
  20. So you think hes lying when he says that he likes that durbin is a pull air guy with positional versatility and they like how that means that they will be likely able to fit him and that hes played 2b, 3b and even a little ss.
  21. I dont like him because hes an I and not an E. But hes clearly a P and not a J.
  22. So an outcome means no other outcome was ever possible and that outcome was always planned and destined? Maybe you are just a J and see the world through the lens of a J.
×
×
  • Create New...