I think Cora is probably looped in/asked to provide consult at some point in the process but I agree with you.
My point is not that Cora is finalizing deals currently, my point is that I want him to be or I want him to hire a GM if he wishes - but I want Cora above Breslow at this point.
The tough part is they (my opinion) shouldnt have given Breslow the CBO title, he wasnt qualified for it. Should have just given him GM title, because then you can make Cora CBO and it would disguise Breslows demotion.
If you have a VP and no SVP, and then you insert an SVP above the VP, that is very much a demotion, but its not as embarrassing as the VP getting his title downgraded to director.
I dont know how you could insert Cora above Breslow for baseball operations when Breslow is Chief of baseball operations - without messing with Breslows title. Maybe principal of baseball operations? Maybe COO
COO of organization probably above CEO of baseball operations, even if it doesnt appear that way, so maybe thats how you do it.
But I want to demote Breslow, and whether or not he stays in a role where hes now reporting to Cora (not the other way around) is up to Cora first and Breslow second.
Cora can manage or hire a manager game level, dont really care. Cora can fire breslow or leave him as a member of his front office team, dont really care. But I want Cora as head honcho, and if he likes breslow wants to keep breslow and breslow is fine with inserting cora above him, maybe you can do it in a way in which breslow keeps his title - because I dont want to go out of my way to embarrass him, thats not the point. The point is I want Cora driving the bus. Bres can navigate if Cora wants. And Im not looking to strip all responsibility from Breslow either.