Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. To be honest, I always forget that righties generally hit lefties better. It boggles my mind. Im a righty and I cant hit f'ing lefties to save my life. Either actually in the box or even in video games. Even in video games, I hate facing em. The difference is professional ballplayers see enough of em where they are use to seeing the ball come out of the different place. I just cant track it out of the pitchers hand, real life or video games.
  2. Teams go on rather extreme winning streaks and rather extreme losing streaks. Part of that has to be momentum. Maybe like momentum right before the season end, the data is getting clouded by teams resting and playing alts.
  3. This I can agree with. It seems like the first 2 at-bats a hitter takes (in their career) against a pitcher with even an ounce of competence - makes that pitcher look like Maddux. When I was a kid , I thought a cheat code was having guys make their MLB pitching debut in the post-season. This year, I'll trust Gray, Tolle, and Ranger over Holobretz or whatever his name is.
  4. OPS isnt what it use to be, but still a very good indicator. Im not disputing that. But right now , to act like our offense is or has been acceptable , is either misleading, homerism, or complacency. To point out that we tried to fix it at the deadline but ran into some bad luck with Mead specifically is fair. But thats one guy. Adley, I liked the acquisition at the time, but I really think that looking to improve your offense as a whole from a catcher is dubious. I liked the Adley and Mead acquisitions, however.
  5. You jumped for joy all off-season at the hitters we didnt sign and weirdly asked for more pitching when we went full pitching. At one point , I wasnt sure you were serious. And here we sit with a 20th ranked offense based on ...... runs scored.
  6. Well, we've reached the why do we need to score runs anyways level.
  7. Yes for the people in the back....when you take a strike down the middle for a strike and then later in the at-bat flail at a slider running away from you....more mistake was being too passive. In todays MLB with the crazy spins, you gotta jump on the first thing straight. And its usually on a 0-0 count. Too passive!!
  8. Everyone knows that OPS and wRC+ are more correlated with scoring runs than scoring runs.
  9. I just checked right now and the Red Sox are 22nd in MLB in runs scored, lol. Not 12th.
  10. Where you went off course, is when you defended being 12th in hitting and 4th in pitching. Aim higher.
  11. Having major league players you can stash in AAA = sooooo valuable for sure.
  12. The 104 at 3b is carried by a gigantic hot-streak. Expecting RA to flip a switch and not be a worm killer, which hes always been is a good assumption but not a guaranteed one, the DH is driven by Gasper and Im not sure thats repeatable, that 122 at 1b is going to be 35 next year But more than anything, you told us that after we noodlebatted our way out of the playoffs last year, that we were already on track with enough in house candidates to have a good enough offense this year. And you applauded our pitching, pitching, pitching approach and complained that it wasnt even more pitching (wild). ANd if we noodlebat out of the playoffs this year - well you are already working on your excuses. Score more than 4.0 runs against the yankees and im fine. But lets not make a habit of noodlebatting our way out of the playoffs, year over year.
  13. I think Mead is likely to get the OD call. And I think the most likely reason why he wouldnt be is if he's traded. I hear you on the probabilities. And I agree. I think Mead has a well above 50% chance of being OD next year. Unless its against a lefty and Romy gets the nod. But Im not locking it in.
  14. I meant we've swooned lower than other teams have swooned this year if we are last. And if "this is commonplace" is meant to alleviate some anxiety about cratering out just before playoffs, I mean last year we didnt exactly carry offensive momentum into the playoffs, and I dont think its something we should strive to repeat or excuse away. The excuses are already getting wrote. Note the : playoffs are a crapshoot talk from people who have a bad feeling that the offense is stinky but think we should focus on the pitching. Groundhog day.
  15. Well, we've swooned lower if we're last, right?
  16. the problem in mlb is its becoming like the nba where its just so top heavy. Maybe that was always the case. But I dont care if we are 9th in hitting, and 4th in pitching if the yankees are 2nd and 3rd respectively. The goal is to be the best team, not above average.
  17. And if we lose to the yankees, 2-0, 3-1 and story is our best playoff hitter......Then we will have 2 years running when we have noodlebatted our way right out of the playoffs, and the solution is to salary dump the only guy in those 2 playoff series who wasnt a noodle bat? Keep settling for 6-12 best offense, keep running into the buzzsaws. MLB is too top heavy right now to settle for middle of the pack. The pitching is great, and I want to keep Gray. But if you noodlebat out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, you dont get to run around screaming about how the offense is good enough.
  18. And its not like we dont have other options as backup plans. Im with you. I think Mead is likely, maybe even very likely to be a game 1 starter for this team next year. But lets see how he comes back, and keep in mind that we have plenty of options that he'll have to beat out. Story/Arias/Romy/Sogard/Siegler/Monasterio. Now if one of Story or ARias is playing SS full time and thats one less competitor for 2b, sure. If one from that group is playing DH or Mead is playing DH, fine. It may be a situation where Story is WS MVP, Arias proves hes ready in spring and we sign ARozarena in offseason. Then what?
  19. I see no reason why Mead shouldnt be in the conversation for 2027 full time second-baseman. And he may even have the inside chance to win it. He may split it with Romy.
  20. Ill give you three reasons: Story, Arias, Sogard.
  21. Agreed, I just meant some of the people he is competing with for 2b/dh are options at SS (story, arias)
  22. He's an option for 2b/ss (with potential using the DH spot to accommodate a third MI "starter"). But so is Story, Arias, Romy G, Sogard, Monasterio, Siegler, any potential offseason aquisition. I agree with wait and see. This year kind of has me backtracking on the "quality over quantity" approach because we see "quality" turn to crap or get hurt, and we see guys who were supposed to be extreme depth come up and play well (at least in spurts). I am a big fan of keeping options, having versatility, and navigating.....vs picking 9 starters, 4 bench guys and everyone else is trade bait. Similarly, it is why I agree and like when you point out the value of having minor league options, and yes, we prob do need some 40 man AAA SP depth next year for similar reasons.
  23. I dont know who needs to hear this, but having stars is good.
  24. We dont pay em to not swing.
  25. Can we talk about marinara after?
×
×
  • Create New...