Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. I dont think its a one bat fix. I think we need a philosophical reset and stop looking at things like WAR and start looking at things like weight room and ability to hit the ball to the fence. I want 20 homerun power threats up and down the lineup.
  2. I agree : relying on KC, Mayer and Anthony is the problem. YOu should never rely on a rookie for a top 5 batting order spot. The season was lost when we didnt get Bregman and Alonso. Because then you can survive Roman injuries and Duran struggling, and Story injuries... True depth is having good hitters 1 through 9. Not by having good backups. Ben Rice is Judges backup for feared thumper, which is more important than any position defensively.
  3. Well the Yankees just blew us out and added an even better bat to their team in Judge.
  4. Fried was hanging cures and throwing fastballs middle-middle quite a bit.
  5. There has to be some relying on returners and prospects fatigue. Last offseason we were told by Joe Brady and Kimmi that we didnt need a big bat because Casas. My fear is that we'll hear most of the same. I understand that you can build a depth chart that doesnt look horrible with just returners, but it feels like running it back will most likely yield the same results. Even if we divvy up Romans at bats.
  6. Is it two games? Because we noodlebatted our way out of the playoffs last year, was 23rd out of 30 in runs scored this year, and were absolutely embarrassing on offense this playoffs. I dont think its fair to paint this as small sample bad luck. We went heavy on pitching and D.
  7. Have you tried convincing yourself that Owen will be pre-injury Trout? Can we speak/pray/voodoo that into existence? Are there script writers we can pay off?
  8. Well said.
  9. Tell Joe Brady when he returns to us tell us that the problem is our expectations and we should all be thanking breslow and tracy.
  10. A team that had the talent level of seller - despite having the third best starting pitching in the league - has some changes to make on the positional side of things? My concern is that at every position - you can justify rolling the same team forward + maybe adding Mead (but Sogard wasnt a problem) and maybe getting a LF/DH?
  11. I can back off of Adley, I think the throw after that which sailed into the OF makes it easy to just say he had a bad inning and put blame on him for the PB which was more bad luck. I agree Crochet let us down. And Miller. The worst part is now that Joe Brady and Moon are going to talk about our top 3 needs are pitching, pitching, pitching
  12. Nobody is blaming going to Whitlock there. I thought that was perfect.
  13. Batting Abreu 4th against a lefty pitcher was ..... a choice. Tracy had a rough series, I think thats fair. Lets hope he learned. MVP is right, we are with Breslow and Tracy. Just gotta hope they learned something.
  14. no politics
  15. Gultyyyy but in Crochets defense - a strikeout/passed ball is not usually on a pitcher and Adley kind of came down with the yips and contreras needed to get infront of that bag.
  16. PR promotion.
  17. Yup. Minor league manager, minor league GM.
  18. Cant spell New Roman without Owen.
  19. I was the one who said add Owen to the 40 man in August. Now we have Nate Eaton in LF.
  20. Or maybe you put Mead at DH and try to get through some innings with Jones in LF. Then you would start Durbin.
  21. Tonight I would go with Mead at 3b and Sogard at 2b. You cant take Sogard out against Fried.
  22. Mead.
  23. Roman and Durbin for Elly. Sign Suzuki Next year: LF: Owen Hull CF: Cedanne RF: Abreu 1B: Contreras 2B: Suzuki 3B: Elly SS: Story C: Adley DH: Mead.
  24. Sogard is like over .800 against lefties this year and Durbin is under. 700. I feel like Mead has more comfort at 3b, and if he needs to be in there, I think Id rather sub him in for Durbin than Sogard. Plus for a 3b, Durbins lack of thump is hurting us. Gotta improve somewhere. Unless you like getting blown out by the yankees, even when they have their first ballot hall of famer hurt.
×
×
  • Create New...