Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Hey hey ho ho, craig breslow has got to go
  2. yes, if a bunch of randos on a sox forum propose signings / trades that may have had mixed results (we dont know for sure that players struggling elsewhere should have struggled here)....Then the only logical conclusion that a GM who took this team straight to last place, with a bunch of experts who preseason said "19th best offense, pass" , when that GM also ruined multiple relationships (Tek aint coming back) and spit in the face of multiple players (bregman, whitlock, devers).....Then the only conclusion is that the GM cannot be blamed ever. I wanted Schwarber and Bregman, adn I think (sincerely) with GM Drewski, we wouldnt be here in last place.
  3. some people are high fiving about all the guys we didnt sign. Calm down, last place
  4. Reminder: Breslow spit in whitlocks face too.
  5. I think they went Contreras because that was a contract they thought they could fit alongside Bregman + a pitcher. I think if they went hard at Alonso that would have been instead of Breg. I agree that Contreras + Breg > Alonso + Durbin
  6. For the record, I agree with you that it might have been had we brought Bregman back. At least enough to not be here in the pit. Maybe still not enough to get by the yanks tho. But gotta gain on someone in a race before you can pass em, right? (proud of self cuz i jsut made that up) drewski, drewski, drewski (the fans go wild)
  7. I just realized that Trout and Salmon played for the same team. Cant break that up. Very similar fishes.
  8. Again, why do we all pretend that the offense that we have is the offense that we intended to have or have by design. Our whole offseason plan for offense revolved around bringing Bregman back and Breslow couldnt help but spit in his face. I told you last year, yes, you need to need to be able to communicate respectfully to be a good CBO. And you got weird because you dont consider yourself a good communicator/ talker/ showman /salesman /chick getter and you want to believe that youd be a good CBO despite these self-perceived shortcomings if given the opportunity. And Im here to tell you, as your fan, that you are half right about this belief. Ill let you decide which half Im implying is wrong. Whether I am disagreeing with how you view yourself or whether or not youd make a good cbo. But heres a hint: how is ur team doing on ur MLB GM simulator game? I would wager: well.
  9. If Ortiz was here ,. most would be saying he makes too much for a DH.
  10. ALso, I believe in the butterfly effect. So just because he isnt hitting in Chitown isnt a guarantee to me he wouldnt hit well here. Reminder: we lost bregman because of breslows inability to not talk down to people. Nothing to do with drawing a line in the sand on value as much as some people wished that was the case. Good post though, good post.
  11. Hugh2 just went Mew2 on ur asses. Note: im not really a pokemon guy and im not sure if that makes sense.
  12. Im going to tag in hugh2 to explain to you why more pitching was not the primary route we should have went. Our hitters in the playoffs last year were Story, Yoshida (end list). BTW , Brez didnt start saying pitching and D until Bregman walked out of the room laughing at Breslow with Breslow screaming "you dont have an offer from the cubs" ANd breg was like "sure bud" But agree on everything else.
  13. This offseason, he framed his decision to stay like it was a decision born out of loyalty. Your choice if you want to believe him. I did at the time (laughs at self).
  14. I would have been upset at the time, but I hear you. Story I thought was going to have a real good year this year. Im close to giving up on that now. Well I have given up on a real good year cuz hes already done too much damage to this year. But I mean, even being merely good this point on, Im close to giving up on. Gotta be willing to change ur opinions, otherwise, you end up like some of our posters here who got the team they wanted and still take victory laps.
  15. And this team would also ultimately go as far as we did last season. Is that the goal? WC and playoff exit?
  16. I agree. You know what I said when I walked into two ppl debating on if we should move our infielders around positionally? This is equiv to arguing about if the titanic needed more deck chairs!
  17. Oh you mean now, yeah thats different. I think that after last year we could have ate a little and traded him quite easily but that ship may have sailed. But I didnt want to do that then because he led our team in homeruns last year and Im kind of over trading our hitters and just thinking we'll magically find another.
  18. After last year, plenty. THere was opt out buzz.
  19. I honestly dont see whats so hard to understand about this. Ding, ding ding.
  20. Im like 78% sure this is the coolest thing youve ever said in your life, congratulations. I was talking about Notin about this, where he challenged me to name examples of this kind of thing occurring. And thats my boy, dont think it was contentious, but just like teams not buying or even selling at the deadline and remaining competitive because thats just the state of the league. Theres like 3-4 truly good teams, but 12 teams make the postseason, and its gotten to the point where you can be really bad and still stay in it. I dont think its good for the sport personally. I think Notin did eventually win the debate when he pointed out that my examples of teams back-dooring accidentally into the postseason were mostly from the AL Central and the AL Central is going to AL Central. But theres a downstream effect in there. If you know, for example, that the AL Central is a joke, well now only 2 divisions are competing for 3 wildcard spots, and third place teams can get in, and that rewards teams for not being aggressive and urgent roster builders, and again, bad for the sport.
  21. I agree, I also believe that being scared of any inefficiency is one of our problems.
×
×
  • Create New...