Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. but if we're blaming breslow i dont want to get too greedy
  2. See, I still dont think this was the team that Breslow intended to build. I still think its a team full of fall backs from failed moves. I think he intended to fix the OF logjam, keep Bregman and not sign 57 starting pitchers. But he cant execute. Had the heat in his hand but he couldnt shoot.
  3. We cant take Juan Soto, even if we can get the mets to trade him for IKF and eat 50% his contract because we already have Masa!
  4. We still play half the games on the road and unless we get the 1 seed are going to need to win some road playoff games at some point. I can give you having a team built bad for Fenway as A problem but I cant give you THE problem
  5. But I do appreciate how you didnt go harder against what this was responding to.
  6. Elly De La Cruz, Oneill Cruz....A few other Cruz's that dont play the positions you list. Jordan Walker was almost a 3b. Would you trade IKF for JDub right now if you could only play Jdub at 3b? Chasing ideal defensive alignment is how you wing up needing a big bat but only being able to choose between Paredes and Durbin.
  7. Good question, usually when I get called out for not listening , Ive stopped within the last 3 minutes, but what I dont get credit for is the 20 minutes of solid listening I was doing before that and the effort that took. It comes down to a negotiation over when I stopped listening. ANd how much time I owe her back.
  8. My only concern with roster makeover is that Breslow should go first. And I understand a "but maybe the next guy will be worse" ....But Im pretty sure the next guy will be fully capable of matching Breslows last place results
  9. I agree and also crying about Grissom is more of this "we have to be so efficient and suck every WAR out of every $$ to compete" philosophy. Its all built on faulty assumptions. Like okay, great, you have a very efficient roster and have plenty of payroll space.....Hooray Soto is a FA, do you really think that his options are going to be limited to the most efficiently built rosters? No, somebody who wants to win more than you is going to outbid you and just not care. There isnt an overflowing supply of great players that are gettable for market value rates. What we need to do is get away from the max efficiency models and the everything has to fit around what we already have fallacy. Start over. Get great players.
  10. Its hard for me to blame fan expectations when its been objectively 'rough'
  11. Just ditch Breslow before you "blow it up" otherwise we will be moving Yoshida/Story/Duran for pitchers and signing 3 more this offseason
  12. The RS offer was $100/yr or thereabouts or are we drifting from conversing in good faith?
  13. Ask for a top MLB prospect for Chapman. If we dont get it fine, still plenty of time. But maybe you get a fish.
  14. I think its time to offer aging players for super high rates. Give us time to dangle but then fall back to something more reasonable if no bites. Take advantage of the runway between now and the deadline by slapping on a high pricetag.
  15. This is when my girl would say "regurgitating the last 2 words of what I said isnt listening"
  16. The future is 6'5 guys and up. So clear. Stop with the noodlebat fundamental position players and just get a bevy of freaks. Keep Justin Gonzales.
  17. well for one, we have a GM who is incapable of listening.
  18. We're getting away from wanting aging players cuz we're punting
  19. I jsut dont really get excited for it. I was excited for KC, Mayer, and Roman. Its hard to get re-excited. But I know eventually we'll need to.
  20. Peter Gammons thinks its time to sell. Im not really there yet because sell for what? Prospects? We just did that song and dance and spoiler alert: the movie takes 6 years and ends with us in last place.
  21. And would pass 2 teams in the race to the playoffs. Unfortunately, there are 4 more we'd still need to pass.
×
×
  • Create New...