Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Hes absolutely right though , that the ball comes at you faster in LF than in CF and it was yet another awesome 5GGOF75, post. Ive heard plenty of announcers talk about that. I played left field because I was a bat first player and the coach tried to hide my D, which I feel is typical. "Hide him in left". I cant speak to left vs center or right because I almost always played left, but I imagine I would have been a trainwreck at CF and RF as well. I could make throws but Im slow and dont read balls off the bat well. But the thing here that nobody is talking about is the arm. You arent ever really throwing to first in LF (but you are throwing to third from RF and CF) and usually the throw homes are shorter from LF. So arm matters too.
  2. My only pause before I can confidently say that he willget to 255m in payroll, or be within a stones throw of toronto is that in free agency there is a finite amount of people worth spending big on. What happnes if schwrber/aonso/bichette all prefer to stay where they are and a differentteam throws 6 or 7 years at bregman and we arent comfy going there. I think he will still spend, but it will be more like giving high AAV to second tier guys and sure the 2026 payroll will be there but only because you gave O'Hearn and a 3rd tier sp an overpay from an AAV standpoint because you didnt want to commit the years needed to gget the top of the free agent class (like we did with Gio). Id rather they go the trade and extend route before they go this route (giving 2nd and 3rd tier free agents high AAV deals becasue you wont give anybody any term). Being cheap goes beyond just hte 2026 payroll But I do agree that the cheap thing is probs overcooked.
  3. The context here is that I waiver back and forth about how much to blame Henry for a significant downturn in payroll over the last 7 years, where we've fallen into the bottom half in terms of % of revenue spent on payroll and have had a frustrating and disappointing team during that span. So I was agreeing with a post that was like Im not sure all the blame that JH gets is rational, but he prob should spend more, especially right now, so I agreed with that but also wanted to point out that Im just not going to be the dude on here defending billionaires because I believe nobody should hoard that much wealth. It hurts all of us to take that kind of wealth out of circulation. So I was throwing in a point about how I dont feel like I need to defend billionaires and used a recent quote from Billie (somebody who I like) who made a quote that I like. She told a bunch of billionaires that anybody over a billion in assets isnt giving enough away. In you come, you said "she was just telling audience what they want to hear" which makes no sense and is the opposite of what she did. You started talking about her sexuality and I assume she is 25% your age so gross, and not only are you commenting on her sexuality, you are incorrect (she is gay, that is very well known) and the only reason you even brought up her sexuality was to discredit her. You then fell back to "well the thing that I brought up, wasnt from me, Im just saying what I heard" which is the twerpiest of moves. I have no idea why you even went down this road or why you are so determined to discredit Billie in order to defend billlionaires, but this is text book boot licking behavior. I am no longer having fun talking to you, this place was better before you (Earth, not Talksox), and so Im ending this, but heres some parting advice: 1. Dont believe everything you read on Twitter 2. You dont need to lick boots 3. Be true to your word, if you are going to eventually fall back to "I didnt write the article, Im jsut repeating what I read.." If you need to fall back to that, dont bring up what you heard or read if you arent going to defend it because its twerpy 4. Dont comment on womens sexuality who are 1/4 of your age, you gross perv 5. Dont bring up someones sexuality in an effort to discredit them 6. Maybe use google before saying and doubling down that a well known gay person isnt gay 7. Charli XCX (straight, with a big gay following) and Billie Eilish (gay) are different people, you barely know either so maybe dont get involved in back-and-forths about them. But Id bet money you are confusing them. 8. Dont talk to me anymore because you are the worst and your takes are bad. Id even rather read seabeachfred talk about how campbell is an elite defenisve shortstop and abreu doesnt deserve either of his gold gloves
  4. New England has about 15m people, most of which live in Red sox territory. The greater NY area is 20m, but the largest burough is Queens, which is mets territory. Toronto has 3m people, double it if you include the suburbs. But baseball is far from as popular in toronto as it is in new england. Im sure most of canada roots for toronto and that helps The cubs dominate the north side of the chicago, and granted thats where the high income fans are which helps, but they are still splitting half the city. LA is big and I get that, and even with the Angels and really even the padres cutting into it, its still a huge market. Keep in mind that LA is the most transient city on the planet though, and if youve been too la (you prob have) youd prob know that practically nobody in la is from la. THey are transplants, but most of them have adopted the dodgers , sure Yes, my post did have some imperfections (e.g. my use of the word market vs population / geographical area) but my point is that Boston is a major US city, and the red sox get it all to themselves. Unlike most major cities, which are carved up among teams. And the red sox not only get boston to themsleves, but most of new england as well. Granted dudes from maine arent particularly likely to come to fenway often But my point is that we shouldnt be operating from a financial disadvantage. I like MVPs point that they need to get back to top 5, or just outside of it, or we just arent seriously competing. ANd I understnad dont spend money to spend money, you have to have holes to justify spending money...But we do. We'll see.
  5. Thats the elephant in the room. That the yankees, blue jays, phils, and dodgers are gonna keep spending.
  6. Well theres your trade. Duran for 14 Grayson Rodrirguez's. (Logic: Ward gets you one GrayRod, and Duran has 14x the value based on these nubmers)
  7. Toronto has a lot of money too (the city). Plus they are the only Canadian team (right?). I think this is spot on. Ill fall back from top 3 or pathetic to just outside top 5 or pathetic.
  8. She told a bunch of billionaires that being a billionaire is immoral and they uncomfortably squirmed and it was awesome. Thats hardly telling the crowd what they want to hear. Also, shes gay. Accusing gay people of choosing or pretending to be gay for clicks/view/profits is right out of the playbook.
  9. Yes, but that final line is significant. Like 75 trade value units to 50. But kind of exactly, he lost 1/3 of his trade value because he has 2 yrs of control now vs 3 at this point last year. The math maths.
  10. Arent you the one with the BTV subscription? Yes Abreu is like 26, Cedanne is like 30 and Duran is like 50 (I think) Cedanne is so high because the team has him under control for so long.
  11. JH gets to decide the budget. But if you are telling people that they are being unreasonable for wanting him to spend more than 55m, than you are carrying his water for him. The Red Sox are the biggest market. Because LA's market is split between two teams, NY's market is split between two teams. And the RS control Mass, RI, NH, VT, ME, 1/2 Connecticut. You can say that you dont think hes going to spend more than 55m, and therefore your ideas are framed with that in mind. And I have no issue. But JH SHOULD spend more than 55m, and if he doesnt, hes saving up for a football team at our expense. And dont tell us that we are being unreasonable or greedy because we arent. We just refuse to lick boots or gaslit into thinking that we should have to compete with NY/LA with a 200m less in payroll when NY and LA have 2 teams each (Chicago too) and we have one team that covers 5 states. Top 3 in payroll or JH is pathetic. Arguing against that is silly. But arguing "he's not going to be there, so if you are speculating what team we build, dont go that high in payroll." Arguing that is different and not silly. Im honestly not sure if we'll get up to top 3 in payroll. Probs not this year. But Im not going to make excuses for a guy who uses our team as a cash-cow to fund NHL and NFL investments.
  12. Well JH is taking the money and trying to buy a football team, sooo......
  13. Reading about his pitch mix has me excited about him again. Im reading that he can back-door the cutter, which is awesome cuz thats very useful vs righties. Looks like he has a slider and a sweeper. The slider having more vertical break so it can be thrown to righties. The sweeper is best used as putaway pitch against lefties. They say his changeup has 2 shapes, one of which breaks like a sinker (which is actually how circle changes break) with the other change-up shape being more late break - straight down (a regular change-up). Seems like hes not changing his grip , its just that sometimes his change looks like a circle change and sometimes it looks like a regular change, and if he can figure that out and command/control it so he knows what shape its going to be (maybe he eventually keeps both if he figures out why one breaks like a circle-change and one regular). Then hes got 2 curveballs , one being a sweeper (I know this sounds crazy but a sweeper is a curveball NOT a slider, I know thats counterintuitive because it breaks horizontal even more than a slider does). But he also has a 1-11 curveball, which is more depth (so can be thrown to righties). I wonder if the 1-11 curve is slow/loopy or sharp like a hammer curve (hammer curve , or as Eck calls em an "uncle charlie") Did Eck make up the nickname "uncle charlie" for a hammer curve (a harder/sharper curve tha tends to break more vertical than a traditional curveball with later break). Tolle has the ingredients. I hope one day soon, the soup is as good as the ingredients.
  14. Thats on me, apologies. I knew I was getting close to the line
  15. Do you realize that if the Re Sox signed Schwarber, Bichette and trade for Ryan, there would still be a sizeable payroll gap between us and the yankees?
  16. Im with Billie. If you are a billionaire than instantly give away (or even spend) enough money so that you are no longer hoarding a billion OR pray that you never run into me
  17. At the WSJ Innovator Awards, Billie Eilish delivered a speech questioning why people are billionaires and urging them to "give your money away, shorties". She announced she would donate $11.5 million from her tour to organizations fighting food inequity and climate change, in front of wealthy attendees like Mark Zuckerberg. The speech, delivered in late October 2025, asked for empathy and help for those in need during a "really bad and really dark" time.
  18. "Low expectations of reaching high hopes" would be a great name for a modest mouse album
  19. Am I wasting time if I am putting together trade packages for my favorite players in baseball even if I know they arent going to happen? That being said, I know I went too far yesterday pounding the table all day on why we need Schwarber and Corbin Carroll.
  20. I agree, I dont think JH is as micromanagey as people seem to think. THe cheapest thing he did was hire Bloom, but Bloom kind of had a glow-up. Because those years were a bit frustrating, but he did rebuild the farm. And I cant hate JH for wanting a change of direction after DD. The DD years were great, but sometimes its just time to change course (similar to when we had to move on from Tito or even Bill B). But I think a lot of the patience and not spending and sititng around waiting on prospects to develop was Bloom over JH And I think he hired Breslow because nobody else would take the job, haha. Breslow was like our 6th choice. But I can hate JH for reasons that Billey Eilish so elegantly put (which I do) and I can hate him for buying the pittsburgh f'ing penguins (which i do x2)
  21. I fell back to 1-4 and Crochet. Ill fall back even further to 1-4 + Crochet + 3 strong BP pitchers.
  22. Theres middle ground between: A) Not wanting a team with holes at the ML level to use our best trade chip for prospects when we've had a frustrating last half-decade and finally look like we are turning a corner and B) Not valuing prospects. We've been stuck in mediocrity for 7 years while we waited patiently for the next core to come together, but now its time to compete.
  23. He (Tolle) nees a circle change, splitter, forkball, or a 12-6 uncle Charlie Hammner. Something breaking eitehr down or arm side. Or a sinker. Theres a reason why so many left starters throw sinkers and 2-seams. Because they arent way more effective vs same sided hitters as sliders, sweepers, cutters Hes a lefty with a righty aresnal, and its currently preventing him from taking the next step. But one thing I overlooked until right now, being on the major league roster (vs AAA) increases the chances that Bello will teach him a 2 seamer/sinker (does bello throw a 2 seamer or a sinker because some nights it looks like a 2 seamer and some nights a sinker and sometimes it looks like he throws both, and i cant figure it out) but what i do know - teach it to tolle.
×
×
  • Create New...