Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,210
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. I am more concerned since he threw 3 innings 2 nights ago. He’s used to a starters routine. Getting of that only allowing 1 is about what can be expected.
  2. Well, the part about Ranger didn’t age well. Let’s hope the part about Sox hitters has the same aging issue.
  3. Give me someone who can at least play MiLB.
  4. Jad’s complaining about the all-female broadcast crew on the Sox telecast last night. It was Women’s celebration night (or some similar title). Sox did a similar thing a year or 2 ago IIRC. The PxP announcer is a Portland Sea Dogs broadcaster. Personally, I don’t know that I’d want a steady diet of the concept, but it was fine as a break from O’Brien. Dave’s good at basketball and football, where it’s more continuous PxP (BB) or reviewing the previous play (FB) and there’s not as much dead air to fill as in baseball.
  5. Well, technically it does, but I’ve never seen it called anywhere except at home (which is a base). Back when the players slid feet first they didn’t do it for obvious reasons. Now with head first, the chance of injury low, so fielders have started to do it.
  6. Nope, one more runner makes it a save situation which means Chapman. Plus, you’ve got the 3 batter rule. Tracy’s hands are tied ( with that second K, now untied).
  7. You meant not an infraction, right? Can’t do it at the plate, can’t do it on the bases. As I wrote elsewhere, go in hard feet first and you takeaway that maneuver.
  8. I thought he was safe, but the ump pointed as if he came off the bag, so they must have fallen back on no clear evidence. OTOH it was clear obstruction by the ss. Go in feet first, he won’t do it again.
  9. I have my Fire Stick on a VPN, I think I’m running it through a Denver server right now, but I use Atlanta as well. It enables me to watch games that otherwise are blacked out on MLBTV. Like when the Red Sox play the White Sox and the Cubs. And the Brewers. And the Cardinals. And the Twins. And the Royals.
  10. I think if you added up the exit velocities of the hits by Abreu, Yoshida and Duran, they wouldn’t total how hard hit Duran’s RBI out was.
  11. Agree; he leads the team I think, or at least 2nd playing maybe 1/2 the time.
  12. He has 2 options left. They could send him to Worcester; not sure I'd want him around the kids though.
  13. Hence why I put the infinity symbol in response to his “when am I ever wrong” question.
  14. Changing a bit now; starting with Angel Hernandez a couple years ago, there seems to be an effort to get lesser rated veteran umps to "voluntarily" retire, albeit at a pretty expensive buyout. 7 are leaving after this season and coincidentally all have consistently been rated in the bottom quartile.
  15. LOL. Were you envisioning El Tiante in Game 1 of the 75 Series?
  16. I assume Weissert will get call; he’s the best arm they’ve left got out there now (a low bar to clear I grant you).
×
×
  • Create New...