Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,210
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. Yeah, those 3 105+ mph (unfortunately at'em) balls he hit tonight really looked awful. He's looked a lot better the past couple days; maybe it's because he can show up in the clubhouse knowing he's going to play and that he's back in a lineup spot he is used to instead of bouncing around in various places including the bench.
  2. Last inning when Abreu was on 2nd, he tapped at his helmet several times prior to Cease throwing a pitch; all but one was a breaking ball. Does Abreu do touch his helmet on base all the time? Or was he sending a signal to Story?
  3. True, but Raffy played about 80 games in AA-AAA, Betts played about 100, Bogey was around 140. Arias is at 25-26 in AA only. We’re both saying the same thing; he needs to bake a little longer. If Mayer breaks down again this year, it’s not hard to see Arias with the big club next year (if there is a next year).
  4. Not really comparing them; just pointing out moving anyone up too quickly carries a lot of risk. The reasons for risk may vary.
  5. He’s played 25 games in AA ball. The Kristian Campbell story should be a cautionary tale about moving players up too fast.
  6. One notable difference today. In the 6th, Mayer was left in to face a lefty and promptly delivered an RBI single. He later made an outstanding catch of a foul pop. Cora would have pinch hit for him with who knows what results and I doubt Durbin or Monastario makes that catch to steal an out.
  7. Exactly. Target #11 said yes.
  8. Who knows? Story had started every game this year, the only player to do so, so maybe he was due for a day off. Could be he was so amped up he really would have been of less use than usual. One thought though, the last left side infielder who got upset at the front office was sent to the West Coast pretty quickly. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
  9. Plus it was the second out of the inning. The first was the OF catching the ball.
  10. Also took a really good play by the OF running all out towards the line (away from the throw), whirling and making a pretty good throw. It was a smart attempt by Rafaela. The dumb part was Ceddnne doing a pop up slide there. Stay on the ground and he stays safe.
  11. No. Mayer has to be given the chance to show that he can or can’t hit lefties at least at a passable level. A platoon ala Cora won’t provide that. Leave Durbin at 3rd for now.
  12. Breslow fired the staff. Doesn’t mean his ass isn’t on the line. I’m guessing he doesn’t survive the season.
  13. I’m going to watch the last 2 episodes of Season 1 of The Pitt. l really feel I wasted $130 on the MLB. tv package. There’s nothing interesting about this team.. if the youngsters were showing something, or one guy was hitting a bunch of homers. But there isn’t.
  14. If I’m another GM, I’d take Bello but I’m not giving up more than a kid in A ball and the Sox are going to eat every bit of salary beyond the MLB minimum.
  15. I’m a little behind on the broadcast and catching up, but I’m wondering if after that walk Bello looked at the pen (where no one is warming up). Cora saw that and I want to think Alex told him you’re eating this one tonight, so figure something out.
  16. Bello pitches 6 innings tonight. Don’t care how many pitches he throws. Then, he gets sent to Portland, and I’d even consider sending him to Greenville (High A). A message needs to be sent both to him and everyone else.
  17. But he’ll go out and get one and it probably won’t take too long. Breslow would sit around analyzing his spreadsheet and all of a sudden game 162 has been played.
  18. No need to rush Arias up. They rushed Campbell and seemingly made a mess of him. I don’t trust this FO with any prospect.
  19. For those who complained about Suarez, when you have to pitch a shutout to stay even … Fatse and his assistants need to go tonight.
  20. Unless they put someone on the IL (Gray?), he’s not eligible to return until the 29th (pitchers have to spend 15 days in the minors if optioned).
  21. or maybe Chapman won’t be used. Does Watson stay in to try for his first save?
  22. Not the worst news. Now we wait to see if it’s true.
×
×
  • Create New...