Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. There we go then. That's the end of that. I really hope he takes to the role.
  2. He's undoubtedly depth. but not through any kind of design. And he's mostly only going to to DH (which means he won't) unless we get enough injuries that he has to take the field. Anthony and Mayer (if Campbell needed to go into the outfield due to an injury crisis) are ahead of Yoshi and rightly so. The management are going to try and move him, eat money, and hope to get something they can use in return. Good luck doing that, but that's what they'll try. Otherwise I can see him saying in AAA which is fine, but far from ideal. I don't want him gone just for the sake of it.
  3. Yeah, this is my thinking also. Even now, with Casas' sketchy injury record, I'd be doing it. Get Casas some time off his feet DHing, too. Also, if Casas slumps, it's a chance to get Yoshi some more DH at bats.
  4. I tend to agree, though I can see a scenario where if Bregman got hurt tomorrow, Devers steps back there for now rather than bringing Mayer back up immediately. I think they'll ride Mayer until an extra year of control now unless something drastic happens. Same with Anthony.
  5. Along the lines above - sounds like Devers' head is in the right place to try and embrace it - “Right now, we’re in the season,” Devers told reporters, per The Athletic’s Jen McCaffrey. “I’m a DH, and I feel like you guys need to change the subject because that is over and I’m the DH.” In his new role, Devers has begun the 2025 campaign 0-for-8 with seven strikeouts and has looked slow to react to fastballs, an issue that plagued Devers during the final phase of last season. “I know that I haven’t done my job and I haven’t done what I’m supposed to do,” Devers said through interpreter Carlos Villoria-Benítez (per McCaffrey). “But I know that everything will change. I have my routine. I try to stay warm and go warm to the plate. But like I said before, it’s only been two games, and tomorrow I’ll come back here and I’ll try to hit the ball.”
  6. Is that new? Didn't see that. I mean. that seems obvious to me, but I haven't seen that comment.
  7. He was the one I hoped they didn't spend long and big on, but by the time they did, they had no choice after the catalogue of terrible decisions beforehand.
  8. I'd love a few hours in your mind. Just for the batshit mentalness of it.
  9. Way, way too early to worry at all about this, but my only concern about Devers moving to DH was that as a professional athlete who very much wants to be on the field at all times, he might find it hard to adjust to only taking at bats (I'm no professional athlete, so take this for what it's worth, but I'd hate only be having at bats) and so I wonder if they have a back up in mind should it develop into an issue. If they do, I imagine it has to be getting him reps at 1st.
  10. I mean, that's just good sense. Bregman could blow out a knee or need TJ tomorrow. And I'm sure he'll spell Bregman here and there to give him some time off. But now that they've got one of the worst defenders off of 3rd, they're not going to put him back there unless there's a crisis.
  11. There's no chance Devers goes back to 3rd now they've got him off bar an injury crisis this year. If Bregman and Story (next to no chance) opt out they'll make other signings/promotions. Devers is the longterm DH and they're going to continue to try and trade Yoshida. I don't know if people are playing Devil's Advocate with this, but I hope that's what it is at least. He's getting little game time bar an injury crisis.
  12. Anthony comes up. Mayer comes up. Bregman is not moving off 3rd. Yoshida has no long term place at this club and they'll continue to try and unload him.
  13. Oh I'm just assuming to cover for an injury and/or possible opt out. Mayer feels like a natural fit there if Bregman goes down or leaves.
  14. You'd think the Yankees will struggle and maybe not even make the playoffs, but I just can't bring myself to expect it.
  15. We are in a weak AL so there's a solid chance we can get to the WS and then anything can happen. Then again, we could have two painful injuries this year and we'd be in trouble. Such is life.
  16. Lining up nicely for Mayer to take over at 3rd if need be later in the year.
  17. I think (re: hope) that Chapman may be invigorated by unexpectedly getting a chance to close again for a contender. There'll be plenty of heart attacks but I'm hopeful he will surprise us in a good way.
  18. Beni was great in '18 and certainly not just for one catch. His defence has left much to be desired in other years in fairness, but we weren't comparing his other years. That '18 outfield was fantastic.
  19. Well said, pal. Utterly risible the amount of bending the knee that is going on for this awful stain of a man currently stinking up the WH. Great article, Maddie. 👍
  20. I lean towards your view of things. It's a matter of time until Story gets shut down for one thing or another, and I am not expecting a great (or even good) season from him regardless. Mayer will be the starting SS sooner than we suspect I believe.
  21. Yup. Nowhere near. But he has the potential to be elite out there, especially as they are now anchoring him in CF.
  22. These things are subjective of course, but I don't believe Beni was overrated (at least nowhere near to the extreme you seem to), even if Duran is the better all round fielder. Betts is by some distance better than Abreu and JBJ was one of the best we've ever seen at it. I love Rafaela and am higher on him than most, if not all judging by this post season discussion, but he is not in JBJ's league until he proves it. And he can only do that given time. So for now, given the choice, I take '18 and don't spend more than half a second wasting time on the decision. It'll be fun to see how I feel about it in a year or two.
×
×
  • Create New...