Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. Sure but he's hardly played. If this continues, then yes, he's a big as bust. If he plays it'll be merely disappointing.
  2. He would have to be near useless for the remainder to be that bad I think.
  3. Breslow looks great to me. Good mix of smart analytic's guy with being a player and already lived the life of a player. Also, decisive. I don't give a damn on the people we missed out on, I'm just glad we got him.
  4. I could live with that when Mayer comes up even if he would be a pricey UTIL. Alongside Hamilton and (possibly eventually Rafaela when Anthony comes up) that's a lot of high quality, athletic coverage.
  5. Campbell gave comments to the Athletic yesterday that Story was who he turned to when he was struggling in ST and he helped calm him down and get him on the right track again. When are rightly obsessed with stats and analytics, but sometimes there's things that don't show up that we forget about. Story is a good clubhouse guy and great for the kids alongside Bregman.
  6. It really doesn't. It's been particularly wild to start this season. The only thing I've really been worried about is Devers, but he's looked far better at the plate going back to the first game against the Orioles, even if he does still seem to be behind the fastball. That said, he had a nothing of a ST. This team is going to be there or thereabouts as long as we stay healthy.
  7. I think we have very similar philosophy's on how to build and run a successful club, and I like(d) Bloom, and always subscribe the view that judging anyone has to be over a much larger timeline than the time they were solely hired. Bloom got a lot right, but my biggest issue with him as that he was too hesitant and overthought things (I've seen MassLive release articles suggesting the same thing). There were chances to supercharge our rebuild by selling at two deadlines and he couldn't being himself to make the decision and stand by it, instead taking the middle road that got us nowhere. If he learns from that, he'll be a successful Exec I've no doubt.
  8. That's been a very enjoyable 2 days. The dark clouds have lifted. Campbell's contract is going to be a steal.
  9. Good opening at bat by Devers. Still a bit late on some fast balls but a little more closed off stance wise and seeing the pitches well.
  10. As already mentioned, it's not ST that worries me. Hopefully he'll be back to what we saw first half of last year.
  11. Win and we're WS contenders. Lose and 4 of the starting line ups need to be melted down for glue.
  12. If we can eek out a win later, this will have been a decent start to the season. 3-4 against two very tough teams to open on the road is not too bad, and with the contract extensions as well... But Houck needs to be in a better place than he's been.
  13. And just like that, all is well with the world again..
  14. Absolutely love this deal. Great work by the FO.
  15. This is likely true. It's always the trade deadlines that come to my mind though.
  16. If something was happening with the bats, i would welcome it. We could do with more offence in the game. the pitchers and spin rates are winning at the moment! Though I suspect like above - they'll just get banned.
  17. As with all GM's - some good, some bad, some shared blame, some shared success. Those two deadlines are what I always think of when I think of him however. So frustrating.
  18. They replaced Burnes with Morton. Considering the core position players they have, it's somewhat odd they haven't gone hard for a big pitcher.
  19. Yeah, there really is no need to panic at this point. Every game thread the world is ending, often three times an inning, but on the flip side, in what is expected to be a very close race this year, we can't be giving too big a head-start to others either, even with a very tough opening two series on the road.
  20. I disagree, but for the opposite reasons to my dislike of Casas. I want to believe
  21. Some chat about Devers - On Friday, Devers said none of his struggles are about his new role as designated hitter, but having never served as DH on a full-time basis, it would make sense if finding that rhythm and routine while the team is on the field is another part of his slow start. He admitted he has not talked to David Oritz or J.D. Martinez about how their routines evolved when they transitioned to a full-time DH role. “I did talk to David a little bit in spring training but not about being a DH,” he said. “I think I’m going to have to take the time to call J.D. and David.” Devers said his shoulders are healthy now, so an IL trip isn’t likely at this point. “It’s not the shoulders, it’s not the DH thing, he was very vocal about that a few days ago,” Cora said. “Now it’s a matter of keep working hard. Getting to the point of hitting the ball in front.”
  22. Loving Breslow's moves. I'd have preferred there wasn't the player option in there, but when you compare it to above - love it.
×
×
  • Create New...