Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

sk7326

Verified Member
  • Posts

    7,663
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by sk7326

  1. I think Soto is heavily likely to stay in Noo Yawk for somebody. That said, I think Boston's interest in sincere. Now, longer term - Soto is going to be a LF/DH type - the Manny comp is a fine one here. But he doesn't HAVE to be blocking any of the team's big time outfield prospects ... and if he frees up one of Casas or Devers to be moved for quality pitching so much the better. The other thing I think that works here for the Sox to be REALLY interested is Soto still only being 26. This is a case where the Sox will be buying mostly prime years. These opportunities in free agency just don't happen that often. Now, while I certainly ripped Boston for how they handled the Betts business - the basic decision about whether someone with Betts' profile would hold up in his 30s was at least a fair question.
  2. Happy 20th to the day sports stopped hurting me https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/42018147/red-sox-2004-world-series-yankees-2024
  3. Duran is their best trade chip from a position of strength - so looking to deal him for starting pitching help is understandable. Whether that pitcher exists is another question and whether that would be decisive in winning a bidding war is another issue.
  4. Yoshida is going to be hard to move. That said, he is useful for what he is ... you just sort of have to overlook the contract and live with the player.
  5. I have zero illusions about Rafaela turning into Yook ... but I do think there is at least some upside in swinging at more strikes. He is fun - and doesn't need to be amazeballs with the CF defense as you note.
  6. I'll play C: Wong obviously has played well. Maybe keep Teel at AAA and add some veteran flotsam. At the same time, with Teel being a LHB, doing the platoon thing is fine. 1B: Casas is worth extending 2B: Grissom at least looked in September like a big league caliber something. Campbell is fascinating, but he made such a leap so quickly keeping him at AAA is perfectly okay. 3B: Devers SS: Story. Probably can't trade him for a good return. But he had a solid season when he was healthy, and I do admire the leadership he showed actually working to come back this season. CF: Rafaela. Maybe he will learn how to take an extra pitch or two, but the defense in CF could be elite. LF: Duran is a terrific player. I'd be tempted to sell high though. RF: Could be Anthony. Could be Abreu with a platoon partner. Abreu is another guy I'd consider in trade. SP: Honestly, my first call would be to Miami to see what it would take to land Sandy Alcantara. Yes, he is coming off TJS but might be worth taking the plunge anyway. His deal is good for a top starter. The free agent crop for pitching is meh. They can also look to the White Sox as well for Garret Crochet, but I am not sure there is a price match, unless they are willing to move Mayer. (and to me that is dependent on how the team views his medicals)
  7. Yeah the contract probably makes trading hard - though it is not a crazy deal. He was fine with the bat this year - more average than good, but the best in a while. But he is a good player - if he can stay healthy I think he will be a solid 3 win player.
  8. Until the sport figures out how to change the pitching paradigm, it's going to be a gray area for sure.
  9. i don't wish any ill will on Sale - I just found this objectively funny.
  10. With that contract, I'd be willing to buy it blind and bet on the health - if it can get him before the season starts
  11. Sale out with back spasms ... which, as a Sox fan, feels like a comfortable place
  12. Sale back spasms, scratched for Game 2 I do not wish Sale ill, but him suffering a deus ex machina injury like this is a comfortable place for me. Just familiar.
  13. No. But I wouldn't not have bet on Chris Sale going a full season without being struck by an Acme, Inc. anvil either. I do give him massive credit for coming back. And it was a legit freak injury he got this time.
  14. Can they put a good enough offer for Sandy Alcantara?
  15. I am gueesing Priester was probably the best arm they could get for Yorke.
  16. Giolito will be interesting. Whitlock at this point has just had so much trouble staying healthy I am worried. The FA pitching list does not look super amazing - though I am very curious how the bidding shakes out for Shane Bieber.
  17. While the Schreiber deal is not complete ... I do think that represents good process regardless of what happens. With the sheer lack of starting arms in the system, getting one with a middle reliever was a good use of resources. Kind of ditto for the Verdugo trade.
  18. Indeed - particularly with Houck actually pitching well. Crawford's near total inability to prevent homeruns ended up derailing him of course.
  19. I know this is corny - but I really do appreciate Trevor Story actually coming back this season. That he wanted to, and that he put the effort in to do so is some actual no-BS leadership.
  20. 2B/OF seem more likely. But there is an opening at 2B!
  21. They knew he had a long way to go with the hit tool. He was one of the people who really got hosed by MLB contracting the Lowell/short season tier. I'm still in just wait and see mode.
  22. Not really. Teel would probably be the likeliest one. But Mayer just having a great season at AA is a success, and Anthony is still super young.
  23. Texas is closer to the division than the wild card, so they at least have a couple of avenues here.
  24. This to me has been considerably more complicated - at least in that the team has been better. What is true is that the expanded playoffs created a truly bonkers seller's market for players. Using Fangraphs, 20 of the 30 teams have at least a 10% chance of making the playoffs ... and we know what a chaotic mistress playoff baseball is. I just don't know what the lower levels of the Sox inventory - as solid as it is - can buy. Now, I'd put Bleis into a deal for a good player - but the prices are pretty shocking.
  25. Yes. Priester is probably a swing arm at worst. As we said before - the team needed to add pitching ceiling. This is the way to do it.
×
×
  • Create New...