Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Red Sox Roundup, Oct 8: Arbitration Moves, 2026 Outlook, Rutschman Extension


Recommended Posts

Posted

Here is some of the latest Red Sox analysis from around the internet. The articles cover arbitration projections, the 2026 season's shortcomings, manager decisions, offseason priorities, and potential contract extensions for players like Adley Rutschman, Tanner Houck, and Sonny Gray.

  • Boston Red Sox Arbitration Projections and Tender Decisions (Just Baseball). Projects Boston Red Sox arbitration salaries and tender decisions for 2026, arguing that players like Tanner Houck and Adley Rutschman will be tendered at projected raises of $0 and $2.75M respectively, while Eli White and Triston Casas are likely non-tendered.
  • Closing Thoughts on the 2026 Red Sox (Just Baseball). Notes that the 2026 Red Sox failed to advance past the Yankees in the Wild Card Series, citing their inability to compete with New York's top pitchers, a collapsed bullpen, and a weak offense that scored only 71 runs in September, the worst in MLB.
  • 'That falls on me': Tracy owns decision to lift Gray in decisive Game 2 of ALWC (MLB.com). Argues that Red Sox manager Chad Tracy takes full responsibility for removing Sonny Gray in Game 2 of the 2026 AL Wild Card Series, noting that Gray was Boston’s most consistent starter and that Erik Miller, the reliever used in both games, struggled in his final regular-season appearances.
  • As they prepare for the offseason, how should the Red Sox view their 2026 season? (Boston Globe $$$). Argues that the 2026 Red Sox, despite a 87-win season and playoff appearance, had an inconsistent performance marked by a 32-5 midseason run and a 32-46 start, with a plus-78 run differential suggesting they were a competitive but not elite team, and notes that the front office sees room for improvement if key players stay.
  • Offense the clear offseason priority for Red Sox, again (Boston Herald $$$). Argues that offense is the Red Sox's top priority for the 2026-27 offseason, citing their 700-run deficit in 2025, poor slugging, and lack of home-run power despite players like Willson Contreras and Caleb Durbin setting career highs.
  • Predicting Adley Rutschman's Contract Extension Price With Boston Red Sox (NESN). Projects a potential six-year, $120 million contract for Adley Rutschman with the Boston Red Sox, citing Will Smith's $140 million, 10-year deal and Cal Raleigh's $17.5 million annual average value as key benchmarks.
Community Moderator
Posted

I'd be surprised if they non-tendered White AND Casas. This time of year, we look at the roster and project a bunch of players to be non-tendered. Typically, everyone gets a contract. We just like talk about non-tendering for some reason. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, JoeBrady said:

I'd make that deal with Rutschman.

Me too--I think he will be an anchor going forward.

Posted
2 minutes ago, mvp 78 said:

Is that a joke about his weight? 

Nope---I think he could be a leader. I have said it before, but I watched how he interacts with the pitchers. I saw something I like. Not to mention his play behind and next to the plate.

Posted
9 hours ago, mvp 78 said:

I'd be surprised if they non-tendered White AND Casas. This time of year, we look at the roster and project a bunch of players to be non-tendered. Typically, everyone gets a contract. We just like talk about non-tendering for some reason. 

White, Casas and Eaton are all out of options, so I think we say good bye to Eaton and White and tender Jones and Casas.

That's assuming the Casas most up to date health report is not gloomy.

I won't be shocked if he is non tendered.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund
The Talk Sox Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Red Sox community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...