Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. But FO says they are willing to take on contracts?? You mean to say you don’t believe them??? 😂
  2. No idea……… Bello+ Godbout+ Justin Gonzalez. Something like that. Doesn’t make sense on BTV but I’m assuming Giants aren’t just looking for salary dump. I’m off the rails here but: Hell what if RS got: Adames+ Devers for Bello+Godbout+Gonzalez+ Yoshida? Devers contract will definitely age poorly but 2027-2028….. lineup would be so much more fun. 1b W Contreras 2b W Adames/ Story SS M Mayer maybe Arias late next year 3b Durbin/ Adames LF R Anthony cF Rafaela rf Abreu DH Devers c committee trade: Duran, Chapman, Sonny maybe Whitlock? For prospects
  3. See Buster Olney report. Yes they are willing arguments: 1- Adames is the 1st player in Giants uniform to hit 30 HR’s since Bonds. (Pretty good) 2- RS lineup now. (Not in Notin “Nostradamus 3years from now timeline”) 29th in runs scored 29th in home runs 29th in RBIs 28th in total bases Bottom tier in slugging and OPS Only average in batting average and OBP 3- no free agents that will fix lineup next year, and odds of WC40 playing as well as he has again next year? Using your same fear of guys over 30….. 0% 😄 4- Marcelo Mayer has done nothing to prove he is a “building block” for this squad. This is the first time he’s been healthy in 3 years. Solid SS but literally a platoon SS. 5- RS FO need a right handed bat, Adames could play 2nd or SS, hits for power, FO “says” they are willing to take on money back. Name a better available player that fits need.
  4. Thanks for the play by play of the Woo Sox but how did the Red Sox do? This lineup is criminal in Boston. Brutal brutal brutal
  5. Have you seen Machado contract? Yikes
  6. Early/ Narvaez/ Mayer: I’m willing to move all 3 for proven bats 2027-2028.
  7. I listened to national guys on MLB Now saying how poor catcher play has been for them. Maybe 3 weeks ago…. I could be way off.
  8. If Narvaez has the value around the league that he has on BTV ship him…… tonight. His AB’s are not competitive. I think Wong and Gaspar have outplayed him. Maybe Narvaez for Adames straight up? Giants need a catcher of the future and we need a sh** ton of changes.
  9. There will always be a Yoshida type contract. Every team has them. No team obsesses over them like the MLB top 4 Revenue Red Sox.
  10. Bellhorn is right but if we knew what would transpire since we’d put RD11 in the Sox HOF now.
  11. OBP% is an irrelevant stat as RS can’t hit w/ RISP until we are up by 3+ or down by 3+. RS need thump. They needed it in August last year, and they’ve needed it everyday since. Hell I need it for my mentals.
  12. I think at the time of Alonso signing most people in here thought AB2 would be back. Hindsight being 20/20 I’ll bet RS are going to regret not even entertaining the Alonso deal. Not as badly as 2021 Schwarber but still regret it.
  13. Yes I think the Red Sox need to be 2027 buyers now. I literally can’t fathom another year of this anemic offense. Buyers on 2027 bats. Sellers on anyone who doesn’t heavily weigh into 2027 plan
  14. I just sat my kids down and taught them a new acronym WWCBD. What would Craig Breslow do. I told them if they have any big decision, or debatable instinct ask themselves this: what would Craig Breslow do? Then do the exact f🤬🤬🤬ing opposite?
  15. And this doesn’t take into account the frequency in which those AB’s happen at Oracle (worst Bp for hitter) vs Fenway (top 10 Bp for hitter) Bad contract in 2030 no doubt. But good hell we could use that bat.
  16. Agree on FA class which is why we are seeing the gold standard of big spenders already committed next year to higher payrolls than this year. Dodgers 421m next year. Actually some decent pitching available in free agency, but the bats are abysmal. Good thing RS don’t need any of those. Bo after tax implications will cost Mets 100m this year. Maybe they move him now? I think Bo fits exactly what this team needs a good baseball player that can hit….. He can play decent 3b and projects solidly at 2b. But what this team really needs are MLB caliber AB’s. Bo will do that. I just don’t see Tigers trading Torkelson, former #1 pick, only 26 years old, it’s not like they have a great young 1b/DH pushing him out. He can mentor McGonigle/ Max Clark as they come up. Still has 3 years left. IDK I just don’t see it. He is a nice piece for their quick rebuild…. Is there something I’m missing? I know he and Riley Greene both have a ton of swing and miss, maybe tigers wanting a different bat profile?
  17. Specifically which free agents fix the lineup next year? Or who specifically can RS trade for in offseason that fits this description?
  18. Idk a lot of chatter about Marte sitting out 1 in every 10 games and how they are tired of him. They think he was dodging Ohtani. But then the next game he hit a walk off homer. It just feels like they could use a reset. And Bennett’s been pitching well. 2 starters with years might do the trick. I honestly had completely forgotten about Houck and Kutter. Wow…. IDK maybe Tolle could be the closer?? Take Chapman’s spot.
  19. See I think fans are more willing to accept where they are in the rebuild process in July rather than January. By January the hype train is leaving the station for upcoming season. Royals, Giants, Angels, Dbacks, Reds, Twins, Astros, Mets are all teams I’d identify as more likely to sell 2027 bats at deadline for prospects rather than at start of new season. Just an Example : 1-I’d trade Jake Bennett and Marcelo Mayer for Ketel Marte. 2- trade a bag of Cheetos for Carlos Correa now. 3- trade Otto Lopez & Sandy Alcantara for Durbin + mid prospects 4- trade Duran, Chapman, IKF, Romy Gonzalez and Sonny Gray for prospects. next year RS are ready to pounce with much better bats in lineup. 1. Anthony LF 2. Marte 2b 3. Correa 3b 4. WC40 1b 5. Abreu RF 6. Lopez SS 7. C Rafaela CF 8. Gaspar/ Narvaez C 9. Story/ Yoshida DH Sp- Crochet, Suarez, Alcantara, early, Tolle, Oviedo
  20. If we sell this trade deadline….. hypothetically Crochet is healthy next year, Suarez is healthy next year, Tolle/Early/Bennett get through season healthy. And we sell the bullpen Whitlock/Chapman and maybe Duran for prospects. I feel like we will be in this weird limbo in the offseason when teams will know we will be desperate to improve bats. Red Sox say their willing to take on money to improve. But the free agent pool sucks. i don’t know why I just feel like this summer deadline is going to be the most important since 2019.
  21. Best message ever. Amen full send on this plan.
  22. Dodgers have some TERRIBLE contracts right now: but they don’t panic they just keep going. snell hasn’t produced at all this year 30m tucker off to slow start 60m Glasnow 30m edman 15m in triple A Tanner Scott been a disaster so much so they went and added Diaz as well. Point is it’s all about what you focus on. Wins or scary contracts.
  23. Good organizations lean into their competitive advantages while mitigating their weaknesses. The Red Sox’ revenue advantage is real, but instead of using it to acquire proven talent and consistently improve the product on the field, they’ve leveraged it to maximize return on investment. That says everything about where their priorities truly lie. This organization operates in asset preservation mode, rather than asset acquisition mode. In my view, that mindset starts at the top with John Henry. It’s a pattern that’s common among many long-tenured boomer business leaders: as wealth and success accumulate, the focus often shifts from aggressively pursuing growth to protecting what has already been built. The result is an organization that increasingly appears to optimize for financial efficiency rather than competitive dominance. The one thing I disagree with media/ twitter about is the chaotic style the organization has. I think the chaos is in them trying to maintain their true priority internally, and showing alignment with Boston/ Red Sox fans nationwide. Mookie should be in a RS uniform, Boegarts should be in a RS uniform, Devers should be DHing for the RS. This is where the dysfunction shines through. When you can clearly see ownership priorities aren’t in line with ours(fans).
  24. Yeah they need to reset the business model. Operation “run the RS like the Rays and Brewers” has worked out tragically. We have the same # of WS appearances since adopting that model as those teams do ZERO.
×
×
  • Create New...