Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. Sorry I didn’t see you asked for my opinion: I would trade for 1 or 2 more guys with high AFV to help salvage fans in 2026 and go for it all in 2027… I’d target Willy Adames and Maikel Garcia. 1- Adames (30) will be 35 in last year of contract, and could be risky I get it….. but he is a fabulous baseball player, and many good players are very effective at 34-35 years old. He could play SS, 2B, 1B (eventually). I think this is the guy it wouldn’t cost a ton of talent to get him, other than JH opening his wallet. 2- Maikel Garcia (25) I Think you could get him for Marcelo Mayer + Justin Gonzalez or Endy Azocar + Eyanson or Witherspoon. 3- trade Durbin, Chapman, Duran, Carlos Narvaez, Sonny Gray for a couple of elite farm pieces like Ethan Salas, or a 3rd young foundational piece like a Daulton Rushing type.
  2. This feels like 2023 2024 all over. I think the fan base have rebuild fatigue which is why such a visceral reaction to 2026 offseason and 2026 regular season. We heard about all these names coming up, and how good they were gonna be. And a lot of them are just spare parts or anchor contracts now because we extended them when theyd played a decent spring training . Saying now youre doing everything for 2028 is kiss of death for Breslow.
  3. AAV not actual salary. Do AAV versus the top 7-8 thats all we really care about…. How did the Red Sox compare versus the Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, Phillies, BlueJays, Braves and now Mets? Although we’ve had this conversation before we already know the answers. Yankees are spending a FULL 100m more than RS again this year. Thats a big gap. although I do agree RS spend enough to have a much better record than they have. Their aversion to long term deals since 2018 has set franchise back from being elite top3-4 to being middle of pack.
  4. What’s the latest updates on: Tristan Casas? Romy Gonzalez? Patrick Sandoval? kutter Crawford?
  5. I know nothing about baseball. and I can clearly see. Weissert sucks balls with inherited runners if that’s his role to be high leverage and he’s terrible at it DFA’s his ass. But I think this one is on Tracy , dude what did you expect??
  6. Nice walk loser….. I’m sorry but why not bring in Slaten or even Chapman at this point like you can tell the game is on the line do something right Tracy you dipsh**
  7. Nice Weissert is pitching. This will end well I’m sure of it.
  8. We have no confidence in Breslow selling and anyone developing offensively… so yeah it’s pretty much unanimous over here. We are buying. 😂
  9. Assuming that 171.2 number I just did some quick math: 14 teams would need to spend more in the year 2026 to arrive at the Floor. Those teams are Orioles, Mariners, Royals, Brewers, Reds, Rockies, twins, pirates, Cardinals, nationals, athletics, white Sox, rays, guardians, Marlins… based on fan graphs 2026, projected payrolls these 14 teams would need to spend another $874 million in players salaries. Assuming 245.3 number as the ceiling I just did some quick math six teams exceed that number in the year 2026. And would have to cut payroll to arrive at the ceiling. Those teams are the Dodgers, Mets, Yankees, Blue Jays, Phillies, Braves those teams would need to cut a grand total of $431.2 million in player salary Net positive to the players union of $442.8 million. The reason I think the floor is too high is the number of teams that would have to move up in order to achieve the floor, and franchise values. If half of the leagues would have to spend more to achieve the same revenue, there will be a lot of pushback.
  10. That floor # is drastically higher than I was expecting. Ceiling is too low IMO… Let me run some #’s based on 2026 payrolls what that looks like to players union in sheer dollars
  11. Narvaez cuz his trade value is higher than his WAR IMO. Rafaela batting 9 cuz we’d finally have a lineup teams would fear. @Moon if we were finally willing to dangle M Mayer they might take it. They aren’t going anywhere this year anyway.
  12. Agree not a team that makes postseason but I like this both short and long term.
  13. Ok Neto (AFV = 90)for say Marcelo Mayer, Dorian Soto, and Juan Valera? here is my trade idea:( I believe is a wild card team w/ chance to do damage in postseason) LF Duran 2B Marte (same package as your Neto maybe less) 1b Contreras DH Anthony SS Adames (AFV=111) RF Abreu 3b Sogard/ Romy Gonzalez C Gaspar/ Wong (trade Narvaez) CF Rafaela
  14. I watch Neto a lot. I think he’s a really good player. And this trade has just as good of a chance as Adames. I think you could trade masa get at least 5m in savings out of him. Let me go BTV this.
  15. Arguing the future is impossible… AI generated a report for me that there are currently 53 major league baseball players with an 800 or better OPS. 16 of which are 31 years or older. Roughly 30.3% of players with an 800 OPS are 31 years of age or older. But specifically about Willy Adames (as he is whom the topic was generated.) I strongly believe he will be a 3 to 4 war player 2028 year. And if you played in Boston would be an 800+ OPS player in 27 and 28. moon Adames for Bello right now. Yay or nay?
  16. Yes, we’re on the same page, that is why I use Beltre as my example… but when you go onto BTV, there are a lot of really good, really productive baseball players 30+ they just usually have massive contracts.
  17. OK, so instead of being like my wife on date night, who just shoots down my ideas, without a solution…. give me an idea how you would make this team better now, or in the next 18 months using (your words) no taking on bloated contracts, no aging players , while getting good offensive production, with at least solid defense.
  18. MVP you’re missing this point though his on field value with a 13m AAV the trade package would be through the moon. So you would have to empty the farm to get him if you’re mitigating the risk of the back end of his contract you understand that right? And every team would be willing to trade for him. So you’d have competition on your package to the giants. He’s offensively a very gifted player. In fact he’s the first Giants player to hit 30+ home runs in a season since Barry Bonds. Hypothetical example if he was on Wilyer Abreu contract right now. It would take three blue Chip prospects close to MLB level to get him. But alas, the Boston Red Sox say they don’t have resource issues meaning they can take on riskier contracts that other teams cannot/will not. Can you acknowledge at this point the entire reason I say bring on Willy Adames is he is a good player and he has a risky contract? Your line of logic is one I think is that is shared by most, and definitely by ownership in front office of the Boston Red Sox. And one where you sit and do nothing at the trade deadline or free agency.
  19. That was a tough decision, Beltre was my immediate favorite. But it worked out ok.
  20. No there is substantial data that says players decline. That’s the risk portion of equation for sure.
  21. This emphatically IS true if you look at what Beltre achieved after the age of 31. He’s in the Hall of Fame in the Texas Rangers uniform. Just FYI…… I’d encourage you to actually go pull up his career stats. If he would have retired at 31 (after year in Boston) he objectively would not be in HOF. Let me frame in why are we talking about Beltre? Because you said many times over you “don’t want Adames due to his contract going until he’s 35 years old.” And I said “I don’t know man maybe I get Beltré vibes from him” meaning a guy whose value could last well into his 30s. The point is neither one of us knows, and we can’t argue the future with any level of objectivity…. Obviously statistics would be on your side, the most guys decline in their 30s. He has consistently been a 3 to 4+ war every season since he 22 years old. And his AAV is $26 million. So his contract would be very similar to Trevor Story but I think he’s a better baseball player and that is my argument and BTV backs it up as his actual field value is really high. I’m not saying Adames is the only guy like this, but I’d celebrate hard if RS made this deal. In summary To close the circle on this discussion as there are 3 ways to get good baseball players with high AFV values… develop, free agency, or trade. my original argument was 1. RS have resources and financial capability to spend more than Phillies and like the Yankees. 2. I think we’re too far along in the rebuild to not do anything. 3. So while we wait for these young guys to earn their stripes, we need good baseball players in the lineup to win games. HOW do you get good baseball players 2026-2028 window? 1. Development like Roman: but (I believe we dont have enough offensively on the farm to win a lot via development). 2. Free Agency but at that point if we want them they will be 29-31 years old and have strong AFV you most likely are going to have to be uncomfortable on years and amount. RS didn’t do great in offensive FA last while. 3. Via trade and in that case you’re going to have to do it 1 of 2 ways…., a. deplete the farm b. taking on a good player with some risk in terms of years ie Adames. now the big assumption I’m making is the Giants look in totality and the Devers , Adames, Chapman contracts and say “ well this isn’t working now, let alone in 2029 we need to shed some payroll” Maybe they are OK with carrying those 3 and not sniffing postseason, then you may be right in that they would want a lot of prospects. And if you have to give up a lot, Adames would not be worth it.
  22. Sorry I should have specified 2 additional. Along w/ Duran returning to the mean, and Roman coming back soonish.
  23. Beltre wouldn’t be a hall of fame except for his production in his mid 30’s. But everyone on here would have told you to never sign him after 31 years of age. If Adames contract was through 2028 the giants wouldn’t trade him. Thats how you get the on field value. Take a risk. Y
×
×
  • Create New...