Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Even you, Joebrady. Prob know plenty of Js in NY
  2. Jew-ish Jew Years Party is Sunday, tomorrow at Greggs restaurant (Warwick, RI location) at 2pm. Im buying the food. Rented out the tavern attached to the restaurant. And if you know Greggs, yes I got plentyyyyy of their pickles. Cheers to my fellow Js and also everyone else. I set the vid to share with anyone with the link so if you have Jewish friends you would like to share with, it should work if you copy/send the link.
  3. A Rosh Hashanah greeting from a Jewish Boston Athlete
  4. But if you cant keep the runners at bay, you cant play the position in 2026. Everything else is significantly secondary to that. I dont need to see a large sample from Gasper to knw that hes not a solution at C. Wish he was. But he doesnt have the arm. Neither does Wong. And its unfortunatelly a deal breaker. If a catcher had the arm, then I can see giving him bonus points if he has a calming effect on pitchers. But I wonder how much of that is small samples. And how much of that is consistent year to year. At least these days. Few years ago was a different story. But right now, neither Gasper nor Wong have the arm. I dont think. Ive seen Wong throw this year more than Gasper and its not good. I think Casas could swipe a bag on him. The throws are soft and high.
  5. In MLB the show (video game) , you can toggle on legends, and so I had a franchise with Bob Feller as my ace and he was realllllly good (at least in the game). Heater from Van Meter.
  6. yeah, i just wanted to call alex allen as a callback from when he who shall not be named did it like 10x in a row while spouting off 7 paragraph essays about how cora only likes/plays hispanic players and this is why cora couldnt see that kristian campbell was actually a gold-glove caliber second baseman. Was a wild time.
  7. What about in the ACC?
  8. Wong has lost his ability to throw. Its too important of a thing to lack for a Catcher in 2026.
  9. catchers arent calling pitches anymore (thats dugout with help from AI), they arent working in tandem with the pitchers. Those days are dead. The most important thing for a catcher, by far, in 2026 is controlling the running game. Nothing else even close in importance.
  10. No, its a bad stat, let it go. The only stat that matters for a backup catcher is mph on the throw and neither wong nor gasper have it. Like at all. small sample cer/OPSA doesnt take this into account as much as it should. And certainly not career cuz the game has changed a lot in the last 2 years. With either Gasper or Wong behind the dish, every single will be a triple and its just a deal breaker.
  11. If Duran drops a critical LF very catchable fly ball in a big spot in the playoffs like he did last year, we're blaming Allen?
  12. If I didnt love Mickey so much, I would be rip roaring mad that Owen isnt in the majors yet.
  13. And even if Gaspers magic runs out (doubtful), I think then youd pivot to Roman at DH and Owen gets thrown into the fire. I think the ACC has better pitching than AA, so Im not worried about Owen never have seen pitching above A+. I think people have fully realized how good college baseball has gotten. Its certainly more competitive than AA, because college teams are trying to win, not develop.
  14. I think there are plenty of teams that will still take Duran and he would be the favorite to land a starting job on that team either LF or DH. I dont think theyd give us a ton, but I think if a Duran trade is made is because he'll have a better chance of earning a role there than here (our DH has gotten crowded) and theyll do it as a favor to him.
  15. Understood he's coming off a 1 yr deal to avoid arbitration - but hes still set for arb 3 this offseason and it will be based on his base salary this current year + a raise and I dont think that raise will be too big. I know Moon thinks that we'll look to cut this so we can spend that 10m elsewhere, but I dont think budgets are as set in stone as this implies. LIke I dont think teams are like we are going to spend exactly 203.4m this year so if we can move this 10m duran, we go from 3.4m to spend to 13.4. Decisions are made more case by case. They may trade Duran but I am 100% that if they do, the top reason wont be his salary. Most likely it will be a favor to him, that he has earned, because they will ask him "would you rather be traded or come off the bench" - sorry bro but Gasper is our DH vs righties and we arent moving Roman/Cedanne/Abreu.
  16. Wasnt he like 9m this year. Doesnt feel like hes earned a big raise. If he gets traded, and high possibility, I hope its not to penny pinch like that. And I dont think it would be. It would more so be because Gasper is the DH and Roman is in LF.
  17. 93 slightly down and in but still in the zone, is dangerous. One of the general rules of pitching: hard-inside, soft away. But also: dont be predictable. So just because you dont want to stay there, doesnt mean you never want to go there. But when its low-ish, the batter gets an extra split second all else being equal (vs if it was up). 92-93 down and in is only going to work if either a) the batter is looking for something completely different and is frozen b) if it has crazy movement or c) if the pitch is actually buried (well out of the zone). Many hitters can drop the bat head down and punish pitches with a golf-like swing near their knees. But when the pitch finishes even lower than that, its a world of difference. If one is to go down and in with anything south of 95 mph, you kind of want to bury it. I can get behind your theory that the additional vertical break saving his bacon. Making the sinker more like a splinker and less like a 2-seam. But then the walks should go up. So thats a question. My theory to the reason why walks have also gone down despite more sink on his primary, is because hes getting weak contact (and therefore an outcome) before it gets to ball 4. Which in his case is good. An effective sinkerballer is getting ground outs early in counts and thats why Roy Halladay had so many complete games under 100 pitches thrown.
  18. Im not sure Gasper is coming all the way down even next year. He looks like a legit talented hitter. Plus, Im not convinced that Owen Hull and/or Justin Gonzales wont be ready sooner than Duran would hope. Im not sure 2b will be open as we'll have a combo of Story/Arias/Mead. Then of course, theres Roman. Looking kind of crowded for guys like Duran/Yoshida.
  19. This isnt how hitters hit. They dont cover the whole plate. They try to guess right pitch coming, and location and swing if they get a pitch where they are looking. They arent sitting there like hm, looks like a slider, thats goona run out of the zone, not gonna swing. They arent trying to work counts for the sake of working counts. You can and should waive at and look like a fool when you are getting a low slider and you are predicting a low fastball. Thats what a slider is designed to do. And the problem if its a 3-2 count, is that you let it get to a 3-2 count. The only fastballs that you shouldnt swing at are ones that are not where you are looking. You have to stay the ready for the fastball, now if you are looking high and its low, you can let that go if you dont think you can adjust in time. But you attack the pitches. You go up hungry. Looking for your pitch. You dont go up there trying to work a walk unless you are a 7,8,9 hitter.
  20. I think it means that when Anthony strikes out, 25.5% of the time its looking.
  21. And do you think that Giants fans and Bonds himself were always jazzed at every walk he incurred? Im not saying walks are terrible, Im just not celebrating them. Now if we are down 2 runs in the ninth, and draw a leadoff walk, of course , Im celebrating that. But aside from late game situations, small-ball, #9 hitters..... Im not pumped too see , say Roman Anthony (lets say 3 years from now), if hes up with a runner on second, nobody on first, 1 out and he draws a walk, Im disappointed. And if someone isnt, then Romans overpaid. Im not paying big dollars for walks
×
×
  • Create New...