Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,211
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. Another link to my teenage years Sox; he passed away on Saturday. Solid pitcher who filled a lot of roles for the Sox. He saved games 2 and 3 of the 1975 ALCS and pitched 3 scoreless innings of Game 6 in the World Series.
  2. For me it was the 1966 Series, when I had just turned 8. Orioles swept the Dodgers and for some reason, I have always remembered the scores of the games: in order, 5-2, 6-0, 1-0, 1-0.
  3. OMG, do you two ever effing stop? Moon, Red argues for the sake of arguing, no other reason. Your positions are clear. He’s never going to admit he’s wrong. Stop giving him what he craves.
  4. I think a bigger issue is who ever gets the job isn’t going to be able to name their own staff. Cora’s the most obvious, but there are also front office personnel who are being kept. A new GM is going to want to bring in his/her own people; ownership is apparently not allowing that.
  5. And you believe him? Now? Why did he not say it last year? Or the year before that? Or in 2021? Or in 2020? Neither side is clean on this.
  6. Anyone else catch the reference by the broadcasters to the Rays celebrating “clinching” their playoff spot in Boston after Wednesday’s game when in reality they clinched a week earlier? IMO, very low class and I think done on purpose. Contrast that with the O’s last night. The reaction to clinching the division on the field was pretty subdued, especially when you consider they are so young and lost 110 games just two years ago. I’m sure the clubhouse was a little more raucous. Congrats to them; it’s a heck of a story.
  7. That’s one way of looking at it, but the 2019 team started out with a similar length trip west and never really recovered from a horrific start.
  8. The Sox players don’t give a s*** about draft position; anyone picked won’t be there for years. They quit when the FO quit on them.
  9. Dalbec is 28 and has had numerous opportunities to seize a job; he is not a prospect.
  10. Actually, I said they quit when the FO quit on them. They were 2 out when Bloom decided to do nothing, even though guys like Jansen (who knows a thing or 2 about being on a winning club) and Devers were begging for another starter or 2.
  11. Like I wrote a night or two ago, memo to Red Sox, if you hit the ball with a guy on third, maybe something good will happen.
  12. Isn’t Antonetti PBO with Cleveland? That would make a move to Boston a lateral which means: 1) The Red Sox would have to ask permission to talk to him at all and 2) The Guardians would almost certainly require compensation should he leave
  13. They didn’t care any more. Kenley’s interview with Bradford today said a ton about what happened after the trading deadline. As I posted somewhere yesterday, Verdugo went straight south the second half after it became apparent the Sox were not interested in extending him. Devers was trying to hit homers every AB all season. Casas got hurt, removing a big part of the offense (he was good after May). Turner got hurt and tried to play through it; it worked for a while but it caught up to him.
  14. No one can say the Sox didn’t do their best to give Tampa the division title.
  15. As I recall, that’s how the 2019 season started with suboptimal results. OTOH …
  16. My point was more that Fred only posts when they are losing. Eventually, he’ll say I’m oughta here, only to be back complaining about something. I don’t always get to watch the game in real time. Since I’m in the Central Time Zone, often I’ll get to see the first inning or 2 live. Then it’s dinner time and I might not get back for an hour or so (more if I’m grilling or otherwise preparing). It’s why when I do post in the game thread, there will be very little commentary by me on the middle and late innings.
  17. Let’s face it Fred, you’re not happy unless you’re not happy.
  18. You must have been apolplectic at your teammate Butch Hobson back in 78 then.
  19. I guess not everyone is a fan the way you are. It truly is amazing how often you tune in when the Sox are behind. It truly is amazing how you never seem to be tuned in when they are winning.
  20. It doesn’t matter any more.
  21. Lots of ground ball singles tonight by the Rays. Attention Red Sox: hit the ball when guys are on base and something good might happen.
  22. The last 3 hits haven’t exactly been roped, but that’s the way it’s been for Tampa against the Sox this year. That being said, Houck’s command has been terrible.
  23. Thank you Captain Obvious
  24. Not sure why people keep saying Turner will definitely be a free agent; he has a two year contract with player option; he will stay if he wants to or he can choose a somewhat hefty buyout and see what he can get elsewhere. There is no corresponding team option. Now at this stage of his career, he may very well want to pursue another ring; it would shock me if he didn’t. But nothing is definite at this point. We’ll know a week after the a World Series.
×
×
  • Create New...