Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,211
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. Bottom line is 2 hits and 4 runners ain't going to get it done. And it happens way too often.
  2. We can blame Cora for the defense but Merloni said it best about AAA depth; the most important thing they need to be able to do is catch the ball. You aren’t asking depth guys to carry you offensively. It goes deeper than Cora; guys are not learning in the minors.
  3. As was Swihart’s initial try in LF (2016 I think). He racked up his ankle running into the wall down the line in left n one of the first games he played out there and was never the same.
  4. Except lemonade tastes good. The better analogy is chicken s***-chicken salad.
  5. No, the blame goes straight to John Henry. He’s the one who has constrained Breslow from signing better players; I think much of the rest of the ownership group is pissed off at JH as well.
  6. Players have to give the fans a little help to promote atmosphere. I did hear some boos after the Rafaela-Casas error.
  7. Only 4-0, but that’s not the issue. Throw wasn’t that bad. Houck could have been out of the first on 7 pitches if the D could make routine plays.
  8. Fair enough, and no matter what, I hope they never get to the level of the Yankees, who not only retire the numbers of the greats but also the very goods. Bernie Williams was a very good player but there is no reason his number should have been retired.
  9. I said uh oh as soon as Hamilton missed the bag.
  10. The requirement at one time was HOF and ending your career with the Red Sox. The formal requirements were eliminated several years ago. If it were HOF and entire career, only Williams, Yaz, Rice and Doerr would be up there. I know Fisk signed a one day contract with the Red Sox to fulfill that ending career part.
  11. Renfroe’s played for 7 teams in the last 6 years. Is every GM dumb? There’s some reason he can’t stick with a team for more than a year.
  12. That would be my choice.
  13. Except BB went 2 last night, throwing 29 pitches. Guessing he might not be available.
  14. Agree, but dmoney is the prototype of a nattering nabob of negativism. He’s simply not happy unless he’s not happy.
  15. 85 pitches through 5 will do that.
  16. Nah, just copy and paste.
  17. 30 was through 2 innings; he's at 47 through 3. Your point holds though, 5 might be it again tonight.
  18. Maybe, but both he and Wil Fleming have no problem calling out bad play by the Sox, unlike their TV counterparts.
  19. Through early morning fog I see Visions of the things to be The pains that are withheld for me I realize and I can see That suicide is painless It brings on many changes And I can take or leave it If I please The game of life is hard to play I'm gonna lose it anyway The losing card I'll someday lay So this is all I have to say Suicide is painless (suicide) It brings on many changes And I can take or leave it If I please The sword of time will pierce our skins It doesn't hurt when it begins But as it works its way on in The pain grows stronger, watch it grin Suicide is painless It brings on many changes And I can take or leave it If I please A brave man once requested me To answer questions that are key "Is it to be or not to be?" And I replied, "Oh, why ask me?" Suicide is painless It brings on many changes And I can take or leave it If I please And you can do the same thing If you please
  20. Well to be fair, Joe C said pretty much the same thing on the radio. However, one is going to Cooperstown, the other will have to buy a ticket.
  21. Radio guys said Romy is in a splint after diving after a ball last night. When it rains ...
  22. Radio guys say its the shoulder. With the temp around 50 and damp, might just be precautionary. Unless he takes some time off, its not going to get better
  23. Nice play by Gonzalez to save a run there.
×
×
  • Create New...