Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,210
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. I would hope not all misses are rated equal when it comes to rating umpires. Missing a call by 0,1 inch isn't the same as missing a call by 2+ inches.
  2. I guess what the Sox need for success is for TYPM's mancrush to play all 10 positions simultaneously ala the old Bugs Bunny cartoon.
  3. I read somewhere that they tested a 3D strike zone but it was leading to too many strike calls and thus more strike outs, so the powers that be decided on the 2D one instead. Ideally, 3D is by the book, but I can't say I object too much to what was decided; there are already too many K's in the game.
  4. Then I'm back to my earlier question, does he have Steve Sax/Chuck Knobloch disease?
  5. Agreed. Perhaps we’re seeing why Cora DH’s him so much. Duran doesn’t look all that comfortable in left, but he’s a gold glover compared to Anthony
  6. I need to apologize for getting on Whitlock for not backing up home. They just showed the play on the postgame and he was backing up the plate on the first base side, where one would expect the line of the throw to be. The actual culprit was Durbin, who tried to short hop the bad throw.. Still a horrific throw by Anthony.
  7. I recall reading somewhere that Henry decided after the 2018 title to start generating cash. He certainly has done that since after the 2019 debacle.
  8. Yep, and at this time of year, it’s not like visiting fans are filling the stands like we’ve seen with several other opponents.
  9. They are pressing and they really look like a team that’s going out there thinking how are we going to lose this one.
  10. He’s a good pitcher, he’s not a great one. He’s on more often than not, but he’ll still have his share of blah outings. I think part of his issue the last two games is lacK of work. He went what, almost a week before that outing last Thursday? Then 3 more days off. That’s no way for a reliever (particularly a front end one) to stay anything close to sharp,
  11. Pathetic throw by Anthony, but the second run scored because Whitlock failed to back up home. Second time that’s happened in 3 games (Chapman did it Saturday)..
  12. Bello could save a lot of pitches by just waving the first 2 guys on every inning.
  13. Borderline. Spikes were a little high, but as Merloni said, in the old days Hamilton would still be down. For a good example of the good old days, on YouTube, look up Hal McRae taking out Willie Randolph in the 1977 ALCS (Hal McRae take out slide should do it).
  14. Yeah, but 66 pitches through 3 for Bello so maybe 1 more inning? Then Cora gets to piece together 5 more innings. I can hardly wait.
  15. They can pass the Evil Empire on the last day of the season for all I care. Earlier than that doesn’t matter.
  16. I’ll predict they will hardly be the first ones to have that fate against Miller.
  17. Why the hell wasn’t Chapman backing up the throw to home? Tough error on Anthony; throw wasn’t bad and Narvaez was knocked over.
  18. Not the ideal way to score, but it beats the K we’ve seen all too often. As you, me and most of the board said all of last year, put the ball in play and something good might happen.
  19. Yup. Every pitcher who gives up 2 runs in the first 3 innings (or 4 as it ended up) deserves a loss.
  20. Didn’t say he was great, but given the number of runners he allowed, it easily could have been 4-5 runs. He kept the game close and gave the team a shot.
  21. Kid wasn’t sharp but he did limit the damage and gave them a chance. A loss at this point is on the O (again).
×
×
  • Create New...