Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. Yup. It would be one thing if we had a better or at least equal alternative, but we don't. Devers is the guy we need to be patient with. Remember Xander's struggles his first few seasons? He's a prime example of why being patient is important.
  2. Thornburg looks pretty s*****
  3. Victor Martinez is a special kind of slow
  4. And regarding Machado, I believe the Dodgers fully intend to re-sign Machado, will he? Who knows. But I doubt they pay that price and just plan on letting him walk.
  5. Francisco Mejia is a steep price for a relief pitcher.. Damn.
  6. Definitely depends on the cost for him. I wouldn't want to give up a lot for a rental coming off a major injury.
  7. To be fair, I did decide to search through my Facebook and twitter last night after seeing Hader's stuff, just out of curiosity, there wasn't anything racist, or bad like what Hader said, but man was there some embarrassingly stupid s*** on there. I wish I didn't have social media in HS lol.
  8. I think Lorenzo Cain summered it up best https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article215083165.html Hopefully this doesn't mess up the Brewers clubhouse. I like a lot of those guys on that team and think they're fun to watch.
  9. He's actually a pretty nice dude. I played against him in baseball when I was younger, and I have friends who were teammates and friends with him at Old Mill High School.. I never heard anything about him being racist/douche at all. That being said, those tweets are completely unacceptable and ridiculous. My question is though, doesn't the MLB/Hader have someone who looks through their social media and check this s*** out? Like I feel like every few months I see a story about old tweets resurfacing from a star player who tweeted some absurd s*** in HS. Tyreek Hills were bad, Geronimo Allisons were awful, a few NBA players, etc. I just don't get how this keeps happening.. and who the hell decided to look this stuff up anyway? I swear people have no life.
  10. I don't really get the trade. Raptors trade a guy who was Loyal to Toronto, loved the team and wanted to be there, for a guy who openly said he doesn't want to play in Toronto, and likely won't re-sign. Just stupid.
  11. Well the absolute loser of this game is Josh Hader... Not only did he give up that bomb to Jean Segura, someone looked up his old tweets on Twitter and they are NOT good... https://twitter.com/kjen1327/status/1019421268154646528
  12. I liked the home run derby. Harper took it really serious and really wanted to win, which was cool. He put on a show in the final round.
  13. He was a 5th rounder, who was projected to go in the 2nd, and was always viewed as a high potential guy. A lot of teams were worried about Mookie's size and a lot of people thought he wouldn't sign because he was a Tennessee Kid and had a scholarship to play there, IIRC Sox had to overpay the slot in which they drafted Mookie by a lot. I could definitely see someone being early on Mookie bandwagon and falling in love with his play style. I remember the first time I saw him play in the minors, I instantly had a man crush on the guy. He's literally one of the few players I don't see how anyone could hate. I have Yankee fan friends who even love Mookie, they hate playing against him, but they cant actually hate him as a person. I Love the way he plays the game, and especially love his work ethic. He is a very special player. Edit: Here is actually a very good article I found about Mookie regarding why he and Mike Trout fell in their respective drafts, and are now arguably the two best players in baseball https://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2017/02/how_mike_trout_mookie_betts_we.html
  14. All because Swihart was for some reason playing 1B, and doesn't know how to field grounders..
  15. This team has the making of something special. They are very fun to watch.
  16. Yankees just lost. If Sox hold on, that's 4 1/2 game lead heading into ASB.
  17. This Ryan Braiser guy has looked pretty good.
  18. That works. Good job Xander.
  19. Good AB by Mookie. Get him home Xander.
  20. JBJ continues to hit the ball well.
  21. Is Moreland really completely unavailable?
×
×
  • Create New...