Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. How did I ignore that? I literally made a comment saying Rodney isn't an ideal target and is wildly inconsistent, but it wouldn't be an awful acquisition as he'll be cheap and is usually a pretty solid reliever.
  2. The 2013 World Series was definitely a bit of luck, but there is always some luck involved in winning a championship. There were so many guys who had the years of their life that season though, it just seemed like a year of destiny with how well everything worked out. Victorino, Salty, Mike Carp (lol), Nava all had the best years of their careers. Stephen Drew, coming off two bad years, had a great year in Boston, then two s***** years after. Gomes, was solid. Koji not only had the best year of his career, but one of the best I have ever seen from a closer, and he wasn't even meant to be the closer. Craig Breslow had a career year (and was horrendous the following year), Buchholz was having Cy Young type season before an injury. That was just a ridiculous team that had a lot of guys all breakout/have fluke years at the same time. It was an awesome team to watch, but its also one I often think "How did this roster dominate so much?".
  3. I definitely agree with your son. Of the 4 major Sports in the US, I'd rank them in terms of all star events 1. NBA 2. MLB 3. NHL 4.NFL. I think NBA has far and away the best, MLB is 2nd, NHL 3rd... and NFL's is just awful.
  4. Disagree. I think the NBA All Star Weekend is way more fun and entertaining.
  5. We've already played the Orioles 10 times and are 9-1, it is clear they suck, both the Sox and Yankees play them the same amount of times, I don't get the complaining all the time when the Yankees play a s***** team.
  6. Price was on a huge 9 game run before his two duds. I am not giving up on Price yet and still think he will be fine.
  7. Yeah, I don't get it. As long as the players are playing at their highest level, who cares what they look like? There is a lot of athletes who present themselves in weird ways and do weird s***, but none of it has bothered me. Mookie wears different colored socks sometimes, doesn't bother me. Neither does the NFL players and their 100 different cleats, or the NBA players and their shoes, sleeves, and etc.
  8. He isn't breaking a single rule, and has played for 8 different teams. None of them have complained about his hat, in fact, he is pretty well liked around the league and is a great teammate. When trading for a player the last thing we should be worried about is how he wears his hat. It doesn't matter. I can't believe people actually watch sports and complain about s*** this stupid.
  9. Just because he had a few hits in garbage time late in games, doesn't mean he all of a sudden has trade value. I'm happy he's getting a shot, because I do like him, but he isn't going to be a headliner in any major trade, especially not for Realmuto level catcher, who is one of the best in the league.
  10. I honestly don't care about it either. I haven't really watched the last few years, and while the home field advantage thing was pretty dumb, it did increase my interest. Ill probably watch the home run derby though, and the celebrity game is usually pretty funny.
  11. Good AB Mitch. Blow it open Xander.
  12. Come on Moreland, get at least one run here, no more double plays.
  13. Great hustle by Xander there. Score some runs here
  14. Really Porcello? Getting hit hard by f***ing Drew Butera and Jorge Bonifacio?
  15. Pearce has always been a good hitter. He is a very solid bench piece.
  16. Every season there is going to be really bad teams. In a league with 30 teams, it is literally impossible for them all to be competitive, and its the same in every sport.
  17. Yeah, because those things are clearly comparable. If this really triggers you this much, you have some serious issues.
  18. I don't really see the need to make a move for a catcher. Leon has been on fire lately and is perfectly suitable to be the main catcher, especially if its only a few weeks. His defense is great and he's been better hitter than Vaz
  19. Guerin Austin ‏Verified account @guerinaustin Christian Vazquez fractured his pinky finger on his throwing hand. Cora said he's going on the DL. Corresponding move will be made tomorrow. They will know more Monday. Blake Swihart will back up Leon. Well, all the Swihart fans will be getting to see more of him.
  20. You are not one of his strongest supporters, you've already been "done" with him about 12 times, and wanted him DFA or released another couple dozen times. I am not done with JBJ.
  21. Leon is up to .260 average. He's having a very underrated season.
×
×
  • Create New...