This is the point I was trying to make yesterday. I never said that I didnt think we had a chance. All I said was win, lose but show some offense despite losing, or realize we need to get hitters.
And people immediately started planting excuses for why even if we dont hit, we dont need hitters. Or have nowhere to put them. And Im just like come on.
Everyone on the ground was like we are set up perfect for B-b-b-b-bregman and Alonso. But the same people who told us noooooo, we dont want them. The same ones who fived that Bregman, Alonso, and Devers are all on other teams - the ones who told us we didnt need those guys....Are back, and they will go to any lengths necessary to convince us they were right and we are dumb and spoiled.
Like how they are telling us that Crochets injury is the reason why we couldnt hit in the playoffs last year, finished 23rd in offense this year, and cant hit in the playoffs this year. And they are also telling us that from a positional player standpoint, we are historically set up.....And that our needs this offseason is starting pitching and relief pitching....And as long as we are 15th in OBP next year, it doesnt matter if we are 25th in runs.....