Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Nick

Verified Member
  • Posts

    8,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Nick

  1. Team full of mediocre offensive players will produce mediocre offense. I really don't become attached to players on a bad team. It's always can I envision this player on a world series team? Crochet, yes Tolle, yes Chapman, yes Suarez, yes Whitlock, not a big fan, I just don't trust him in a must need situations Abreu, yes Rafaela, yes Story, hell no Anthony, not sure anymore so on so on..... We don't have enough pieces right now.
  2. Let's also hope Breslow remembers what he said after last year's playoffs. "Good teams have power" Why are we keep playing small ball? Power bats are needed in left, right, 3B, 1B and DH. Prioritize defense up the middle. No amount of analytics will change the old axiom.
  3. Roman Anthony 2026 $2M 2027 $4M 2028 $8M 2029 $15M Lets hope he earns his keep by 2028. Right now, he's nothing more than an over-hyped player. Abreu is better at this point.
  4. I really don't want leaders. I just want elite talent. Find me guys that can dominate pitching and pitchers.
  5. It would be great if he'd take the option at $30M. I think he's worth it on a one year deal.
  6. Off topic but what kind of contract will Gray be seeking? The Sox has the club option for $30M where Gray can opt out of it. Will he go for longer years at less annual value? He will turn 37 in November.
  7. Thanks, that puts it in perspective for sure. To think that Tolle was ticketed early for minors during spring training.
  8. Kudos to the team for making the playoffs. But Even with the addition of Tolle as a bona fide starting pitcher....we're missing our big arm, Crochet. I'd feel pretty confident with the team's playoff outlook sending out Crochet, Gray, Tolle and Suarez. Not having that #1 is a big loss. You definitely can't have enough good pitching.
  9. Definitely not wasting my time watching this idiot pitch. 2-0 already and no one out. Who signed this guy? Breslow? $18.25M. I hope we let him pitch for 8 innings.
  10. $24.7M Crochet $18.6M Yoshida $ 4.1 M Houck $ 2.8M Kutter $ 2.2M Campbell $ 1. 6M Casas $53M Or 25% of cash payroll on the sidelines. Thank God $18M of Sandoval mess is coming off the books.
  11. Often I speak before I have the facts!
  12. And I was on a roll and little fact check stops me. Lol.
  13. We have solid starting pitching. I think power plays in the playoffs and we're lacking in that department. I seem to recall Breslow saying something about that after the World Series. Lack of follow through on his promise as it relates to power will come back and bite him in the ass.
  14. I only care about the team. If it's only about the players then I don't have to be a Sox fan.
  15. This now looks like Breslow's team. Cora is gone. Trevor and Yoshida will be gone after 2027 season. Really no other big contracts lingering from 2023 and prior seasons. Holdovers include Whitlock, Houck, Kutter, Rafaela, Duran, Wong, Casas and probably few others I'm missing.......
  16. We don't miss Devers when you consider the additions afforded to the Sox as his contract disappeared. That's all I need to know.
  17. We are not paying him to be a singles hitter. Another overblown prospect. Basically he had a Kristian Campbell moment?
  18. BOSTON — Patrick Sandoval took the loss in the Red Sox’ 6-1 defeat to the Angels on Tuesday at Fenway Park, but interim manager Chad Tracy saw positives in the lefty’s start. “I was actually pleased with it,” Tracy said. “I’ll take hovering around 70% strikes the whole game. They obviously got some hits off of him.” 10 Hits and 2 Walks? So he'll take the L every 5th day?
  19. My only mistake was thinking the Sox owned both tie breakers.
  20. Off topic but Toronto has to be wondering what's going on with Guerrero Jr. 2021 48-111-1.002 2022 32-97-.819 2023 26-94-.789 2024 30-103-.940 2025 23-84- .848 2026 8-54- .682 14 years, $500M Age 27-40 Odds are always better to trade the guy when things are going good. Best to trade at trade deadline 4th year of control. (Tolle and Bennet does not qualify yet)
  21. The Magic Number is now 9 with 17 games left. I'd say we're in. I was concerned with Toronto's easy schedule remaining but but they lost their last two.
  22. Bello, Grissom, Kristian, Sandoval.....who else is receiving government subsidy on this team.
  23. Yep...7 MORE years at $25M+....not a fan of that, especially when you consider he is already 33.
  24. Is anyone talking about the FLOOR proposed by the owners? $174M? Currently there are 15 or so major league teams with Luxury Tax Payroll below the new 'proposed' floor. I can't believe that those 15 'cheap' owners agree to that figure. How can they afford it? Or can they? What will the Dodgers do? Projected payroll for 2027 is $363M. How can they reduce it overnight? Why would another team pay a fair value on the trade knowing that the Dodgers have to shed payroll? I proposed this couple of years ago. Each year, the team would be allowed one exemption for one player. It would be a moving target year to year. Say for 2026 it's $25M. For the Sox, that max would have been applied to Crochet who is making $28M+. Under my proposal, the Dodgers can pay a player $120M for two years and it would only count $25M towards the max limit and not $60M. If we win the World Series, the lockout won't hurt as much.
  25. Isn't it time (next year) to part ways with Duran? My hope is he just turns it on during playoffs and increase his market value. Then trade him no matter even if he's the MVP of the World Series. You know he can't sustain it. At some point, shouldn't a $130M, 22 year old play left field instead of just DH'ing? We also have Mead coming back at some point next year. One more year and Story is history too.
×
×
  • Create New...