Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,210
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. Actually, Judge may have saved Kelly from a major hit from behind. Big guys like that tend to be pretty mild mannered. If he had wanted to, he could have really hurt him. He didn't. Graig Nettles or Mickey Rivers he ain't (or Sanchez for that matter, to use a more recent Yankee brawler).
  2. Or if Tek is unavailable, maybe David Ross next time he's in town to do a game. Heck, get one of the Molina brothers on the phone, Vaz has worked out with them. Agreed, Tek may not have been that savvy in his 2nd or 3rd year either. Vaz will learn. Those of you who have seen most of the games, is he still going to that stand up high fastball on 0-2? Or scraping the dirt to make the batter think he's setting up opposite of where he actually is? I haven't noticed it as much, but I don't get to see every game. To me, those were silly things that fool nobody.
  3. Still sticking with my prediction of Torre justice, Kelly 5 games, Austin 2.
  4. Exactly, he had plenty of time to get there. Should have been up and moving as soon as the bat slammed. Also, a catcher should never take his mask off in those situations; if the other guy is dumb enough to punch a mask and/or helmet, let him. If you watch the Varitek -ARod incident, Varitek walks down the line between ARod and Arroyo and never takes his mask off; it gets knocked off once the benches clear.
  5. Tells me Vazquez had no idea Kelly was going to plunk the punk. Varitek anticipated those situations and was ready for them. He probably ordered them when needed.
  6. Difference in background. Vazquez went after him like a soccer player (which I'm sure he played growing up) Moreland came racing in and tried to crossbody block Austin. Didn't quite get there in time, but tried to play it like a football player (which I'm sure he played growing up).
  7. Here's a nice difference from last season: Grand Slams: 2017 (166 games, including the postseason) - 0 2018 (11 games) - 3
  8. No it wouldn't. As I say in my signature, they could go 0-162 and it still wouldn't be enough (now THAT would be fun).
  9. Prediction: Kelly gets 5 games, Austin gets 2. Torre justice.
  10. What was wrong with that inning? It’s what you want from him, a couple of weak grounders and a K.
  11. Merely 1 of 60-65 games they will lose this year. One of those nights.
  12. I have no problem with that being called a strike but it hasn’t been one all night.
  13. If i’m Johnson, I take a 10-15 minutes to warm up. Make the Yankees sit there a while.
  14. I warned you. Lets hope Tanaka has the same strike zone (I’m guessing he wont).
  15. Hope that's true and hate to be a downer, but over his career, Price has struggled against the Yankees (15-11 in 38 games, 4.53 ERA and 1.370 WHIP). The only AL team he's been worse against is the Rangers. And who knows which Tanaka shows up tonight; he seems to be either very good or very bad when facing the Sox.
  16. You mean he's the bald guy from Pawn Stars?
  17. We all hope that, but if he can put up even 2016 numbers it wouldn't be the worst thing. As I said in another thread, I can write Holt's season last year off due to the concussions, and he was at least showing some life offensively towards the end of last season. If he can put up a .250/.350/.700 we should be happy. Some will say he stinks at those numbers and has no business on a major league roster, but in the end, he is a back up infielder for a reason. Fans need to be somewhat realistic about expectations.
  18. That may be Holt's best defensive position (faint praise for sure). But how good is Nunez at short (I don't really know)? I'm prepared write off Holt's 2017 season due to the concussions. He was actually showing some signs of life late in the year, so there is hope, at least on offense.
  19. As an attorney, being a prick is one of your specialties as well It comes across many times eacgh day here. Take the last word, since you always have to have it.
  20. My guess is they will split time, with Lin available as a defensive replacement in the games Holt starts. Got to hope for Holt to have his hot half early, if past perfromnce means anything.
  21. Well, at least you got some of the terms right. Spin rates, launch angle, etc would also have to be taken into account, and BTW, chaos theory and the minute differences in initial conditions does partially account for differing end results. Don't need a term paper nor do I need to "take physics" but I will admit that 40 years out from all those engineering courses probably has me a little rusty as well. As a Chemical Engineer, fluid mechanics and laminar/turbulent flow were more important to my background than dynamics. Doesn't change the fact that you never actually answer a direct question about anything. The name calling shows a certain level of maturity on your part; I'll leave it at that.
  22. Exactly the answer I expected from you. You won’t ever actually answer a question, no matter how simple. The truth is in this case you have absolutely no idea which laws do or don’t apply.
  23. Which laws would those be exactly?
  24. Touche. Add to that what I said before. While he could throw 100+, he didn't do it all the time. 95 was good enough and he had the extra when he needed it. He had perfect mechanics; he also had a great curveball and NEVER threw a slider.
  25. Even if it could be repeated precisely every time, chaos theory also comes into play (in this case, changing lane conditions, slight difference in pin placement, etc). You can repeat the motion while still having the end result be different.
×
×
  • Create New...