I liked the adjustment Price made in his approach. The Phillies were aggressively attacking the first pitch inside fastball in innings 1 and 2. Price smartly stopped throwing it.
Saw something this morning about Phillips being hit in the hand with a pitch:
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/red-soxs-brandon-phillips-potential-hand-injury-at-triple-a/
He’s only had 3 blown saves all year; that was the 2nd with Sale as the starter (the other was against the Royals in April).
The previous one was against the Yankees in May (Porcello was the starter) and that was also a 4 out attempt.
Pretty sure he does. I think the no RBI provision onlly kicks in on a force DP or a reverse force DP (think 1st baseman steps on the bag and then throws to second with the 2nd out being on a tag).
I doubt it, given the normal Oriole crowds and figuring a lot of no-shows due to weather, they probably paid more to the people manning the concessions than they made.
I prefer to think it was Showalter being an ass.
I'd rather they get wiped out than risk somebody getting hurt on that wet turf. And there was virtually no way Price was going to come back out, which would have meant 8 innings of pen with Johnson going tomorrow (which should mean 3-4 more innings for the pen.
That's what Sutcliffe said on ESPN. Obviously they took a look at the radar and the field and decided it would not be possible to resume.
And once the line-up cards are exchanged, the game is in the hands of the umpires.
The ESPN broadcast said they would wait until 1030 and take a look at the situation; if it looks like there’s a chance of starting up again, even if it’s at midnight, they will.