Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. I'm not sure I fully approve of those 2 dingers by JDM today because he is the DH, and I've been arguing with moonslav that JDM hits better when he is also playing LF. JD Martinez is just nuts with that opposite field power. He and Mookie now tied at 15 each.
  2. Meh. I see it as something to hope on. I would not have played JBJ today for obvious reasons, but said I was fine with whatever Cora decides. He threw the dice one more time and it paid off.
  3. Incredible! Beni really comes thru. But, honestly, I question the call on that pitch--a fast ball close to the center of the zone.
  4. I'd rather have a hit, but Mookie moved JBJ to 3b. time for Beni to man up and bring him home.
  5. Cora is justified! Huge hit in a close game by JBJ. High fast ball slightly on the outside side of the plate.
  6. Dead wrong yet again. He pitched great to Machado and that was a very callable strike. I'll take high pitch counts when he is shutting down the other team and we are clinging to a 1-0 lead thru 5 innings. He right now is carrying this team on his back, you ingrate.
  7. Of course it hurt. Several on talksox are deeply offended when Devers commits an error. And the effect on the score is completely irrelevant.
  8. Target hit, jasonbay44. I just have a hard time letting that stuff go. This year I've discovered a pattern: I don't mind dumping on our pitchers, but generally defend position players except JBJ, and in his case I remember saying when the was brought up in 2015--why not? We ain't going anywhere and maybe he's changed. I loved that that year and in 2016 and almost in 2017 he was a better overall centerfielder than Jacoby Ellsbury. This year I've soured, but am fine with any decision Cora makes.
  9. Completely disagree. JBJ should be on the bench but isn't. Devers is too good a hitter not to continue to be an every day player. And his defense will improve according to soxprospects. He's 21 in case you've forgotten, and JBJ is 28.
  10. Good analysis by Orioles announcers (I don't listen, but sometimes read the close captions) on that error. They said he had the right idea to go in to get the short hop, but was little late getting there.
  11. Blame Bill James who continues to be a Red Sox consultant I believe. He says stealing bases and bunting are dumb.
  12. I think it was game 1 in this series when he hit the double and Shoop made a great play in doubling him off 2B. I watched the replay several times and am convinced it was just a very nice defensive play. Yes, Mookie took a lead, but not a big one, and was moving toward 2B before the ball was caught.
  13. I don't know. Whatever he is throwing seems to work against our guys. 1 run in 3 innings and that was on that Pesky pole cheap dinger by JD.
  14. Where in the world did Mr. .900 OPS Moreland go? Shmuck.
  15. Last year those two had the second best caught stealing %, 39%, in MLB.
  16. That play right there is why I get torqued anytime someone complains about Mookie's base running. He hit that ball to deep center and was full prepared to take 3b if it wasn't smoothly fielded--and then hustled back to 2b when it was. He gambles sometimes because he's so darn good, but he is not foolhardy.
  17. I have railed against ERod, but there is zero doubt in my mind he is a better starter than Pom, who simply does not have enough variety in the pitches he throws, which is exacerbated by the slow fastball. ERod has heat, a good changeup, a good slider, and a decent cut fastball. His issue is command. I have also railed against Porcello, but at least see he mixes up five pitchers pretty evenly--4 seamer, 2 seamer, changeup, slider, and curve. When he has command, he's pretty good.
  18. Leon did exactly the same thing yesterday--threw to 2B.
  19. Changeup worked like a charm. The Orioles announcers were just boasting that Machado is by far the best hitter in MLB with RISP. That single by Jones was off a changeup about a foot outside the strike zone that Jones did a great job on.
  20. One thing ERod isn't doing today is keeping the ball low. Quite the opposite, in fact.
  21. Just like I predicted. Great sand wedge by Holt followed by really hard grounder by Vazquez the Orioles were lucky to field, and some very nice cuts by JBJ. I tell, that magic stroke is back!
  22. I beg to differ. Hess has a fastball, which works magic against JBJ. Any fastball, any speed, any location. Did you not watch the last two games?
  23. Beautiful sand wedge by Holt--safely on a very small green.
  24. That's what I meant about mistakes--back to back fastballs right down the middle by Erod.
  25. Awfully easy 1st for Hess. That's OK, though. When he has to face Holt, Vazquez, and JBJ--one after another--he will rue the day he every tried to pitch at Fenway.
×
×
  • Create New...