Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. I'm using espn's Expanded II pitching stats, and they say his 1107 are the most in MLB, not just AL. Yes, he has the extra start, but I think that shows Cora relies on him more. I think Sale will start 33 games this year because the Sox to date have played 48 games, 30% of their schedule. And don't forget that in his first four starts he averaged just 91 pitches. Since then, 106 pitches/game. 22 x 106 = 2332 more pitches. So I do think he is on schedule to throw 3400 pitches again this year. Last year that seemed to be too many.
  2. You could have a point. In 11 starts he has thrown 1107 pitches and leads MLB in that category. Last year he threw 3428 in 32 starts, and 3428 was probably too many. It does not help that he has a thin frame.
  3. Good observation, thought. I don't know about the 50 times, but I definitely like that the battle has been joined even though it's only May. These games do count.
  4. Whoever griped about the Trop is dead on target. The Rays have a winning record on the road and a losing record at the Trop, so they don't much like it either. Who could? All in all, a solid win and timely--the Rangers are up 6-1 in the 6th. Sale remains our ace. But I like that Price and Porcello both looked good last time out. Erod too. I also see some pretty astute decisions by Cora. Biggie was giving JBJ more starts. But I also liked that he let Sale start the 8th and then pulled him at just the right moment. Two solid singles by JBJ--wow. Thanks to Bellhorn for 3 straight--also helps to have Thunder chime in.
  5. Actually, I find your dick comments to be among your most insightful and witty observations--well above your norm.
  6. 32 pitches. Loaded the bases. Some save.
  7. Not exactly the hit parade for the Sox tonight, but two dingers sure went a long way in large part because Sale was terrific--1 ER in 7.2 innings. Now Kimbrel needs to get his save.
  8. Great 2 outs, great move by Cora. Now the bullpen needs to finish.
  9. Sale out for the 8th. A little scary to be honest.
  10. 7 innings, 2 runs, and a 2 run lead.
  11. My mistake. Leon should have got down on his knees or, better still, laid down flat so Sale would Know not to throw the changeup in the middle of the zone. He set up exactly the same way he set up for all the other changeups by Sale tonight.
  12. It was a changeup in the middle of the strike zone. No catcher would call for that.
  13. Plus he just doubled down on that call.
  14. That 3 run dinger is starting to look pretty big. Sox have that and 3 singles in 5 innings. Everybody except Mookie, JD, and JBJ is hitless. Ranger lead Yankees 4-0.
  15. You're blaming that dinger on the catcher? Seriously?
  16. 2 for 2 for JBJ. Both well hit. I would not have played him tonight. Chalk up another solid decision by Cora.
  17. Nice break for Sale. 40 pitches in 3 innings: more like it.
  18. Can't make that up. Great story. Small world.
  19. Yep. One more MLB team we can pronounce incapable of baserunning as well as a good little league team.
  20. Offense so so at best last year and dead last in dingers. And you see no improvement? That's not all JD of course, but he is the only new guy. I'm not so sure they are the fools.
  21. Bottom third started that rally.
×
×
  • Create New...